Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement - Easy to Join Group Support Rooms NOW! (Outdated)

ASilentObserver January 7th, 2020

Please find the current criteria to access group chatrooms Here (clickable). ❤

(Sunisshiningandsoareyou, 10/25/22)

Updated as of February 17, 2020

Hello 7Cuppers, I hope you are doing good.

Today I am here to share a GREAT news with you. I hope you will feel delighted to hear it.

We are grateful to you for being patient and supportive, sharing your concerns and suggestions openly to us. I am glad to see how you all being supportive, respectful and compassionate with each other in the room. Though, we can always improve and do better than before, right?

We heard your concerns about unable to join rooms. We brainstormed, discussed and decided that the criteria to join rooms should get lowered. But also, we wanted it to be a safe space for everyone to join and feel comfortable to share the concerns and get supported.

So, we eased the process and I believe it is way easier than before for many of us.

The Vision of the Change- Ensure more members can join the rooms. Their needs and concerns can get addressed and validated. And, we work towards building a strong support system for each other.

The New & Easy Criteria to Join Rooms are as reflected below in the table-

If you are a member and want to unlock member chat rooms;

you would need Chief Chat and Honest Voice badges to join Support Room and Member Community Room,

and, Chief Chat, Honest Voice and Strong bond 1 badges to join topic rooms like Anxiety Support, Depression Support, etc.

_1639815462.Screenshot_20211218-134649_Sheets.png

If you are a listener and want to access member chat rooms;

you would need Loyal Friend, First Chat and Listener Oath badges to join the Support Room and Member Community Room.

Loyal Friend, First Chat, Open Door and Listener Oath badges to join topic rooms like Anxiety Support, Depression Support, etc.

If you are a listener and want to join Listener Community Room;

you would need only Loyal Friend, First Chat, Open Door and Listener Oath badge

The Badges Descriptions -

_1638373716.CP2tXie.png

You can take Listener Oath here (only for listeners). Please read the pledge statements carefully and post your oath in the same thread to get the respective badges!

Reminder- Ensure Support, Compassion, Care, Respect and Fun when you are present in the room. We need your help and support to bring the difference in someone's life. If we find unsupportive/ disrespectful behavior, your access to the rooms can be revoked. So, please ensure to follow the Chatroom Guidelines! And, if someone else is violating, remind them to follow it. We value your efforts and thoughts.

The changes will go live soon for the trial phase. We will reach out to seek your feedback and thoughts after two weeks of trial. We will discuss all the necessary improvements and changes to make our support rooms better for all. Thanks to our wonderful technical team and all the community leaders and members to make it possible for us.

I will keep you all posted when new criteria go live.

We are grateful for your efforts, patience, and support. We are progressing to build a better community for all. *Yay*

Keep up the wonderful teamwork!!

@GlenM @Heather225 @Hope

Edits-

1. Changes are not live yet! So rooms are functional as per the old criteria right now. Once the changes go live, I will inform you all.

2. Also, we launched the Text Description to explain what you need to unlock rooms. It is only supported in Web Browser right now and not applicable for 7Cups App.

Here is how it works when you log in through browser - When you log in to your account and in case you unable to join Group Support, you will see something like this -

68c11333c797cdf3fbf483fc740bfe40.png

And, when you click on it, it will show you the information on what you need to do to get rooms unlocked-

ddbfcb92d484a558d3fc031531fa36b1.png

We introduced this feature for both member and listener accounts!

Read the follow-up post here!

RicochetJaguar January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thanks for the update! For clarity, does this mean the Support Key badge is now redundant and the rooms which required it are now more readily accessible?

Or do LGBTQ+/ MOGII Support etc still also require the extra badge?

ASilentObserver OP January 7th, 2020

@RicochetJaguar The new criteria will be applied to all rooms as mentioned in the table. As LGBTQ+, Disability, & Trauma Support rooms are topic-based, so they would be needed the badges mentioned above. As it will be the trial phase, Support Key will no longer be needed. Though, we will do be seeking feedback after two weeks and make changes accordingly to ensure better user experiences for everyone!

RicochetJaguar January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Brilliant! Thanks!

Billpark92 August 29th, 2021

@ASilentObserver
how do I get on lgbtq+ group chats

Elsinwonderlandx June 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver I agree

helpingmango101 August 5th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Hello are there any payments to be made in order to get certificate?

ASilentObserver OP August 6th, 2020

@helpingmango101 which certificates?

RarelyCharlie January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Note that the listeners' Open Door badge is simply "for completing 5 1-on-1 chats". They do not have to be with the same member.

(There is a different badge, Steadfast Soul I, for completing 5 chats with the same member.)

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie Yes Charlie, I am aware of it. Thank you for reminding.

ikomiko January 7th, 2020

I've left three text reviews for listeners in the past -- one of them was fully positive and thus has been published -- but I don't have the Honest Voice badge. Is this a new badge? Do I have to do a new conversation with a listener to receive it? (I'd rather not; I don't typically find it useful, and prefer the forums.)

Heather225 January 7th, 2020

@ikomiko

we just awarded them to several people so you should have yours now.

pamharley003 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for this posts. It is hard when the rooms are not opened all he time like they use to be to instill the rules of the room, bypassing censors etc. I do my best to remind them that if it continues a room is only going to be opened for discussions.

I have given my time to open 35+ and also watch what happens in the room so everyone is still safe.

Pinkie00 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver I have done all that I am suppose too and I am still not able to get into the Disability room ?? I filled out a form several times and no response about getting into the disabilty room .. I have checked with what you have no posted and I should be able too but I am not seeing the Disabilty room ?

So sorry to be a bother..

@Tulipdancer hey thanks Tulip. The changes are not live yet so that is why you unable to access it. Once it will go live, will inform you all as I mentioned above.

Pinkie00 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Okay thank you so much ! smiley

Pinkie00 January 8th, 2020

@ASilentObserver I am still not able to get into the rooms :( I am not sure what you mean when they go Live ? When would this be happening ?

Thanks for your reply

ASilentObserver OP January 8th, 2020

@Tulipdancer Tulip, by going live means when the old criteria will be removed and the new one will be in place! I posted the information in advance so you all know that what we are working on and don't come as a surprise to you all.

We want to ensure an open and transparent communication between our community and us so we can work together as a team and make all feasible and necessary changes.

Pinkie00 January 8th, 2020

@ASilentObserver So right now nothing is in place of yet ? Thanks for your reply

@Tulipdancer no. We are still functional with old criteria

Tyedyedbutterfly65 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thanks so much for the update !! Awesome news .. yes

AffyAvo January 7th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 You really think locking out all of the members who met the criteria before badges existed is a good idea? How is this helpful?

I have done so much for disability support, as a mega member and once again no one bothers to consult with us. When the update happens I won't even be able to see the rooms anymore and I was on the chatroom track.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 January 7th, 2020

@AffyAvo Affy I am not sure you are correct in thinking that I am meaning anything ? So sorry i am not for locking anyone out of anyplace I am glad to see that the rooms will be easier to access so I am not sure you were meaning me ?I believe that rooms should be easier to acces .. heart

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 thank you tye

Riseandshine22 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I have done all of them but thanks ot will help the new comers

@Alisha3737 awesome Alisha. thank you

warmheartedFarm7120 January 7th, 2020

Thanks Obs! Looking forward to the changes.

@warmheartedFarm7120 Thank you Kassy!

MistyMagic January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver I have been spreading this news in LSR so that Listeners will be ready to access LCR when the change happens. Thanks for listening Obs!

@MistyMagic Thank you magic

AffyAvo January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver I CAN'T get the honest voice badge. I have been asking about it for years. I have confident voice and powerful voice which both come after it. This will lock some of the oldest members out of the rooms due to the ongoing issues with badges that have never been fixed.

@GlenM

@7CupsCommunity

@AffyAvo We hear you Affy and passed this important info to our technical team. They are looking into it to do the needful. In case, it don;t get fixed, we will replace it with a better one and will keep you posted.

Thank you for sharing it

Heather225 January 7th, 2020

@AffyAvo

hi, Affy. we just back-awarded the badge to several people. let me know if you still don't have it.

kindSoul10 January 8th, 2020

@AffyAvo thanks for pointing this out.

@ASilentObserver can you please add an explanation on how existing team members will be handled to make sure they can access the rooms if they miss some of the required badges?

cyanPlatypus6370 February 1st, 2020

@kindSoul10 - Hi Soul, I would like to know that too for my (L) account. I think I have 1 of the required 5 or 6. It is sad. ~ Platy

amiablePeace77 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for this great update. Do I understand it correctly that no rooms will have special requirements anymore but only the badges stated in your post once it goes life?

@amiablePeace77 yes Peace! You got it right. Just it will be in the trial period, so changes can be possible as per the need and if someone found to be unsupportive and disrespectful, their access can be revoked.

amiablePeace77 January 7th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

okay, thanks for letting me know.

MarianneKay January 8th, 2020

@amiablePeace77

I am still a newbie, not sure what that means. By I guess it's a good thing. Have a blessed day and week everyone.

@MarianneKay We lowered the criteria Maria, so members could able to join the support rooms while it stays as the safe place to seek support.

We are glad to have you here. Welcome

Jesse9675 January 10th, 2020

@ASilentObserver idk how to do this 😕