Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement - Easy to Join Group Support Rooms NOW! (Outdated)

ASilentObserver January 7th, 2020

Please find the current criteria to access group chatrooms Here (clickable). ❤

(Sunisshiningandsoareyou, 10/25/22)

Updated as of February 17, 2020

Hello 7Cuppers, I hope you are doing good.

Today I am here to share a GREAT news with you. I hope you will feel delighted to hear it.

We are grateful to you for being patient and supportive, sharing your concerns and suggestions openly to us. I am glad to see how you all being supportive, respectful and compassionate with each other in the room. Though, we can always improve and do better than before, right?

We heard your concerns about unable to join rooms. We brainstormed, discussed and decided that the criteria to join rooms should get lowered. But also, we wanted it to be a safe space for everyone to join and feel comfortable to share the concerns and get supported.

So, we eased the process and I believe it is way easier than before for many of us.

The Vision of the Change- Ensure more members can join the rooms. Their needs and concerns can get addressed and validated. And, we work towards building a strong support system for each other.

The New & Easy Criteria to Join Rooms are as reflected below in the table-

If you are a member and want to unlock member chat rooms;

you would need Chief Chat and Honest Voice badges to join Support Room and Member Community Room,

and, Chief Chat, Honest Voice and Strong bond 1 badges to join topic rooms like Anxiety Support, Depression Support, etc.

_1639815462.Screenshot_20211218-134649_Sheets.png

If you are a listener and want to access member chat rooms;

you would need Loyal Friend, First Chat and Listener Oath badges to join the Support Room and Member Community Room.

Loyal Friend, First Chat, Open Door and Listener Oath badges to join topic rooms like Anxiety Support, Depression Support, etc.

If you are a listener and want to join Listener Community Room;

you would need only Loyal Friend, First Chat, Open Door and Listener Oath badge

The Badges Descriptions -

_1638373716.CP2tXie.png

You can take Listener Oath here (only for listeners). Please read the pledge statements carefully and post your oath in the same thread to get the respective badges!

Reminder- Ensure Support, Compassion, Care, Respect and Fun when you are present in the room. We need your help and support to bring the difference in someone's life. If we find unsupportive/ disrespectful behavior, your access to the rooms can be revoked. So, please ensure to follow the Chatroom Guidelines! And, if someone else is violating, remind them to follow it. We value your efforts and thoughts.

The changes will go live soon for the trial phase. We will reach out to seek your feedback and thoughts after two weeks of trial. We will discuss all the necessary improvements and changes to make our support rooms better for all. Thanks to our wonderful technical team and all the community leaders and members to make it possible for us.

I will keep you all posted when new criteria go live.

We are grateful for your efforts, patience, and support. We are progressing to build a better community for all. *Yay*

Keep up the wonderful teamwork!!

@GlenM @Heather225 @Hope

Edits-

1. Changes are not live yet! So rooms are functional as per the old criteria right now. Once the changes go live, I will inform you all.

2. Also, we launched the Text Description to explain what you need to unlock rooms. It is only supported in Web Browser right now and not applicable for 7Cups App.

Here is how it works when you log in through browser - When you log in to your account and in case you unable to join Group Support, you will see something like this -

68c11333c797cdf3fbf483fc740bfe40.png

And, when you click on it, it will show you the information on what you need to do to get rooms unlocked-

ddbfcb92d484a558d3fc031531fa36b1.png

We introduced this feature for both member and listener accounts!

Read the follow-up post here!

AffyAvo January 28th, 2020

@Kayman17 Many of the rooms that were 24/7 are now popup rooms.

JoyousBear February 1st, 2020

@ASilentObserver

It is awesome that we make things easier for members and listener. I wish also propose less changes in future as it can upset members and listeners as they have constantly get new and new conditions met.

ReclusiveReptile February 2nd, 2020

I don't understand why i can't get into any rooms whatsoever or even see any rooms... for a while i first assumed all rooms were removed all together and i stopped coming on 7cups for a while. Does this post mean the group chat is still a thing but im just not allowed in?

The pictures aren't showing up for me so i dont know what i need to do to get into the disability support room. If there's a badge i need or something, it should say what people need when they tap the group support button so let's don't think they just got rid of it all like i had thought

AffyAvo February 3rd, 2020

@ReclusiveReptile You need the member oath badge, post to this thread and you will get it - https://www.7cups.com/forum/NewbieHub_27/7CupsofTeaMissionCoreValues_207/MemberOathAllEncouragedtoParticipate_7447/

ReclusiveReptile February 12th, 2020

@AffyAvo thank you!

how many rooms are there total? I usually see about 5. Is that all there are now?

AffyAvo February 12th, 2020

@ReclusiveReptile Yes, that's typically all that are open at one time. There are 4 open 24/7 - Support, Member Community, Disability, LGBTQ.

A varying 5th room is open 24 hours 6 days of the week. This 5th room is on a schedule.

All other adult member rooms are popup.

GentleFlameofCaring February 12th, 2020

@ReclusiveReptile

There are 4 regular rooms (lgbtq+, disability, 24/7 support,, and Member hangout for light-hearted chat). Every day except Sunday, they also have one of the other rooms open on a rotating basis (that was voted on) to be open for 24 hours. So once a week 6 pop-up rooms are scheduled to be opened (same ones every week). This would amount to the 5 you mention, yes, most days. All the rooms that used to be regular except those mentioned that stayed got switched to pop-up, which means that outside of scheled activities, they are hidden, but they will still be around from time to time for discussions and/or the 24 hour open thing.

rockym March 2nd, 2020

I see this below in my account, but it isn't checked off green.

Want even more, topic specific rooms?

Earn Strong Bond 1 by Completing a Chat Session with 5 Different Listeners

I've chatted with 6 listeners and do not have the "Strong Bond." How can this be fixed?

AffyAvo March 2nd, 2020

@rockym The chats might not have been long enough. I don't recall the exact number of messages, but there's a minimum for something to be considered a chat. It's not excessive, it's 50 or less, I think it might be 25 or 30..

RarelyCharlie March 2nd, 2020

@AffyAvo Yes, I'm pretty sure a "chat" is 30 messages in total, and I think at least 10 must be from each person, or something like that. Typing short messages gets you to 30 faster, and you can ask the listener to help by typing short messages too. Going back to those chats you've had and adding a bunch of extra comments might work.

Charlie

rockym March 2nd, 2020

@AffyAvo

Thanks! I think I heard this once before, but now I get it. My chats tend to be very long paragraphs back and forth, but haven't reached more than perhaps 15 comments each. I am not as much "chatting" as I will write and then the next day they will write, etc. Also, the others I chatted with were pretty quick since a few listeners were young and there is a big differnece between someone who has lived 50+ years and someone who has not.

impartialDrum1848 May 22nd, 2020

I can't get into Strong Bond 1 either and feel I have done what they told me.

misskendra March 3rd, 2020

im really frustrated i cant access the group chats at all. i have already left my reviews to listeners a few times, what has my honest voice box still not tick?

freshSunshine8864 April 13th, 2020

Hello, I'm a newbie. Trying to figure 7 Cups Internship program.

AtticusJosiah April 18th, 2020

I, atticusjosiah, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: AtticusJosiah

Date: 4/18/20

knockoffWolf April 18th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I've completed at least 5 1-1 chats with different listeners, but it still says I don't have Strong Bond 1. Do they not count if the conversation is hidden?

Aneta97 May 22nd, 2020

How can I join? :)

Listeningsarinn May 22nd, 2020

@Aneta97

heya welcome to cups ^^ all you need to do is to have your first chat with a listener and write down a review on how it went to access the support room, and you'll need 5 chats with different listeners to access topic based rooms ^^ (30 messages with at least 10 from you counts a chat)

2356997 May 23rd, 2020

I can join group chats, but no one can see what I write - why?

impartialDrum1848 June 1st, 2020

I can't get in the 50+ chat group and programs. Did anyone else have that problem?

impartialDrum1848 June 1st, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I have them except the earn strong bond one and I have done what it said to earn that one. i did the member oath twice but it doesn't show on unlock group support chat. I can't get into the 50+ and been trying for about 6 weeks now.

frothyBraveheart9831 June 29th, 2020

@impartialDrum1848 I want to join the listener chat group

Marylsworld June 12th, 2020

Help someone. I try to get into EVENTS on CALENDAR but click and nothing happens is that normal? Can you just simply email me at [removed contact info] as there seems to be no tech support number or anything for the site and I really want to join groups, etc. Thanks Maryl

AffyAvo June 13th, 2020

@Marylsworld Hi, sharing offsite contact information isn't allowed.

The calendar is here - https://www.7cups.com/home/communityCalendar.php

For support, there is support@7cups.com or you can use the support & feedback form (link bottom right hand corner).

Perfectbihsbi November 4th, 2020

I Guess this will help

Karleea December 2nd, 2020

@ASilentObserver I have all of those badges but I still do see how to open one

AffyAvo April 30th, 2021

@ASilentObserver, is there a way one can tell if they should have the Strong Bond 1 but haven't gotten it yet?

Ie. if there are 5 chats listed on My Progress Stats, should the badge be awarded, or are they measuring 2 differnt things?

IceCream4IceCream May 2nd, 2021

@AffyAvo Thanks for asking.

@RadiantRavan3522 is wondering the same thing. Would be grateful for clarification about whether the criteria have changed?

QuietMagic October 7th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

1) It looks like there used to be some images in the original post that are no longer working. Would it be possible to replace these with either new images or a written description that captures whatever information the images used to provide? (It looks like this is also an issue with the follow-up post linked at the bottom of the original post.)

2) I've seen some responses in this thread that seem to suggest that there might be another requirement (Member Oath) in order to participate in certain group support rooms. If that's true, could that be added to the original post?

Thanks!

theriverissinging October 21st, 2021

poke @ASilentObserver 😊

@QuietMagic I think the Member Oath was removed as a requirement. But maybe Obs can confirm and clarify in a better way 😮

QuietMagic October 27th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

The new "Unlock Group Support Chat" button looks great!

CP2tXie.png

June 2nd, 2022

Hey i would love a support room