Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Announcement - Easy to Join Group Support Rooms NOW! (Outdated)

ASilentObserver January 7th, 2020

Please find the current criteria to access group chatrooms Here (clickable). ❤

(Sunisshiningandsoareyou, 10/25/22)

Updated as of February 17, 2020

Hello 7Cuppers, I hope you are doing good.

Today I am here to share a GREAT news with you. I hope you will feel delighted to hear it.

We are grateful to you for being patient and supportive, sharing your concerns and suggestions openly to us. I am glad to see how you all being supportive, respectful and compassionate with each other in the room. Though, we can always improve and do better than before, right?

We heard your concerns about unable to join rooms. We brainstormed, discussed and decided that the criteria to join rooms should get lowered. But also, we wanted it to be a safe space for everyone to join and feel comfortable to share the concerns and get supported.

So, we eased the process and I believe it is way easier than before for many of us.

The Vision of the Change- Ensure more members can join the rooms. Their needs and concerns can get addressed and validated. And, we work towards building a strong support system for each other.

The New & Easy Criteria to Join Rooms are as reflected below in the table-

If you are a member and want to unlock member chat rooms;

you would need Chief Chat and Honest Voice badges to join Support Room and Member Community Room,

and, Chief Chat, Honest Voice and Strong bond 1 badges to join topic rooms like Anxiety Support, Depression Support, etc.

_1639815462.Screenshot_20211218-134649_Sheets.png

If you are a listener and want to access member chat rooms;

you would need Loyal Friend, First Chat and Listener Oath badges to join the Support Room and Member Community Room.

Loyal Friend, First Chat, Open Door and Listener Oath badges to join topic rooms like Anxiety Support, Depression Support, etc.

If you are a listener and want to join Listener Community Room;

you would need only Loyal Friend, First Chat, Open Door and Listener Oath badge

The Badges Descriptions -

_1638373716.CP2tXie.png

You can take Listener Oath here (only for listeners). Please read the pledge statements carefully and post your oath in the same thread to get the respective badges!

Reminder- Ensure Support, Compassion, Care, Respect and Fun when you are present in the room. We need your help and support to bring the difference in someone's life. If we find unsupportive/ disrespectful behavior, your access to the rooms can be revoked. So, please ensure to follow the Chatroom Guidelines! And, if someone else is violating, remind them to follow it. We value your efforts and thoughts.

The changes will go live soon for the trial phase. We will reach out to seek your feedback and thoughts after two weeks of trial. We will discuss all the necessary improvements and changes to make our support rooms better for all. Thanks to our wonderful technical team and all the community leaders and members to make it possible for us.

I will keep you all posted when new criteria go live.

We are grateful for your efforts, patience, and support. We are progressing to build a better community for all. *Yay*

Keep up the wonderful teamwork!!

@GlenM @Heather225 @Hope

Edits-

1. Changes are not live yet! So rooms are functional as per the old criteria right now. Once the changes go live, I will inform you all.

2. Also, we launched the Text Description to explain what you need to unlock rooms. It is only supported in Web Browser right now and not applicable for 7Cups App.

Here is how it works when you log in through browser - When you log in to your account and in case you unable to join Group Support, you will see something like this -

68c11333c797cdf3fbf483fc740bfe40.png

And, when you click on it, it will show you the information on what you need to do to get rooms unlocked-

ddbfcb92d484a558d3fc031531fa36b1.png

We introduced this feature for both member and listener accounts!

Read the follow-up post here!

ASilentObserver OP January 24th, 2020

@Blynng Hey Lynn, seems like you missing Listener Oath badge! You can earn it by submitting the oath in this thread - https://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenerLearningJourney_149/ChatSupportResources_61/ListenerOath_117/1/

Blynng March 9th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I took the oath several years ago. I did it again, and still don't have access to the room. I was granted the badge (again) almost immediately after posting to the oath thread. I'm pretty sure I've done that at least 3x since I started working with this site.

I applied for access when it was still restricted because I'm a forum supporter and part of the team. I was granted the access by invite but accidentally closed the notification about it. I've been repeatedly asking how do I fix this issue and how do I retain access in the event that things change... And I still don't have the answer. It certainly doesn't look to be working as expected...

What else am I supposed to do??? If I was already granted the access, why would it suddenly be removed when the requirements were lowered? It's been really difficult, and it makes no sense. Team members shouldn't be having to explain why they should have access to the resources they are supposed to support.

AffyAvo March 9th, 2020

@Blynng I had replied to you before, closing the notification has nothing to do with the room access, that shouldn't have mattered. Have you put in a support ticket? Something's not working properly if you have the badges and don't get access.

cyanPlatypus6370 May 26th, 2021

Hi Affy! Something didn't work for me also. I have all the badges quote quote ... you know, needed for group support. Is there a list somewhere of the group support rooms that we can choose from? Originally, well after the major change (Nov2019), I applied to be part of the Trauma Support room, but then was given access to other rooms that I did not ask for. I didn't do anything about that because I just don't enter the other room, no big deal. The "big deal" for me is that I still have no access to the Trauma Support room and other rooms that I would use/need more often. Can you help? I'm sorry but I'm unsure who to address this to. Do we even still have the @7cupsCommunity group/people/username to call attention to something or ask for help? @AffyAvo, you've been so helpful for me in the past - for which I'd like to give you thanks! Thank you, Affy. <3 Platy

7CupsCommunity May 27th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hi Cyan, we are still here to answer questions and help with issues as well. For the Trauma Support Room it's open when a mod is able to open and be present in the room as well. The list am going to ping Obs so they can give the list.

@Obs

IceCream4IceCream May 27th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370

Also, I'm part of the Trauma Support Team. :) Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

AffyAvo May 29th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370 The Support Key was supposed to give access to all of the various support rooms so when you gained access to Trauma it was totally ok to access the rest! That's now been abandoned for automatic badges. If you can see disability and LGBTQ rooms you should have access to the majority of pop up rooms too like trauma when they are opened.

AffyAvo May 29th, 2021

@cyanPlatypus6370 Can you see the disability room? If not, I can try to help figure out what's the problem you may need to contact support.

One of the issues I don't like about badge locked rooms is there have been a lot of glitches connected to them and not everyone seeks help with gaining access.

12345678aabbccc January 12th, 2020

@ASilentObserver hi there!! Will they have getting upstuck rooms for the group support? And perhaps how to recognize and remove self negitive feedback? Thank you so much!! Good night;-)

Blynng January 24th, 2020

@ASilentObserver my point was that it was an apply to enter, invitation only room. I'm a forum supporter for the community and I should think access would be automatic, but it was not. I received a single notification to invite, but accidentally closed it instead of clicking it. Your post implies that the badge allowance could be changed back to the invite only for some or all rooms. My ask was, who do I contact about that invitation in the event of the repeal? Why would the community supporters have to worry?

AffyAvo January 24th, 2020

@Blynng You don't have the support key badge. A notification or invitation doesn't matter, one just needs the badge to be given. Since it's not being used currently though, I don't think anyone is processing any of the applications for it.

HoneyBubbleTea January 9th, 2020

I have all of the badges and dont have access to LGBTQ+, Disability, & Trauma Support

ASilentObserver OP January 10th, 2020

@CherishedBlossom Thank you for letting us know. We also figured out it and informed the technical team. they will be fixing it. Please have some patience while we deal with this. thank you

@CherishedBlossom Try now, Blossom. As we fixed the issue now.

HoneyBubbleTea January 10th, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thanks problem solved <3

WickedSick January 9th, 2020

My 2 cents on the chat room changes

Does the changes that have been made for chat rooms well thought and well planned? or its just some random idea whatever looks good on paper have been into test and see how it goes, a hit or miss too many shots one of them is bound to hit, the way things are going it does feel its the later

Too many unthroughly planned changes always make things much worst than keeping things as they bad as they are, take your time before doing your next move or pretty soon, you will find chat rooms even more empty than it is now

AdorableGuinea January 9th, 2020

@WickedSick wickie 😭😭😭

@WickedSick I hear your wick. But for this change, we spent weeks and hours brainstorming, critically-thinking, taking everyone's inputs into consideration before making this change. We want to deliver the best to our members because they deserve it but at the same time, we have to keep in mind our constraints too.

I hope it makes sense to you and I really appreciate all your great support in the rooms lately. thank you

@WickedSick I hear your wick. But for this change, we spent weeks and hours brainstorming, critically-thinking, taking everyone's inputs into consideration before making this change. We want to deliver the best to our members because they deserve it but at the same time, we have to keep in mind our constraints too.

I hope it makes sense to you and I really appreciate all your great support in the rooms lately. thank you

heartsong11 January 10th, 2020

@ASilentObserver hi! I'm relatively new to Thai site. Is there specific wording for the oath that we're supposed to use? Thanks for your help!

@heartsong11 you can check the main post of Oath thread Song. It covers what you need to mention in your oath-taking. If still, you have any questions, feel free to send me a pm. Will be happy to help

@ASilentObserver

Thank you! I read through some things prior to your reply and fashioned my own oath, which was approved, so I guess I did something right? 😆

@heartsong11 that's good. I appreciate the help. Though I added the Oath, so read it and ensure you understand its significance!

@ASilentObserver

Will do :)

DarkGalaxy55555 January 10th, 2020

I don't see criteria to join the rooms. I have the ap. Thanks.

@Alex55555 you have all other badges except member oath badge, Alex. you can earn that badge by taking member oath in this thread- https://www.7cups.com/forum/NewbieHub_27/7CupsofTeaMissionCoreValues_207/MemberOathAllEncouragedtoParticipate_7447/1/

Also, the text description is not supported on app due to technical constraints. Currently, only available in web browser mode.

If you still find any trouble, feel free to pm me. Will be happy to help. thank you for letting us know

caringPanda45 January 10th, 2020

@ASilentObserver thank you for this will make it easier for people to access rooms. Just a quick question re the Listener and Member Oath. If this was done in the past does that mean we need to do it again? I did it about 2-3 yrs ago depending on the account.

notallthosewhowonderarelost January 10th, 2020

@caringPanda45 I can't seem to be able to access any rooms at all

@notallthosewhowonderarelost I'll just check your stats and see what's missing

@notallthosewhowonderarelost have posted the Member Oath link in your PM

@notallthosewhowonderarelost you unable to join rooms because of you missing Member Oath badge. To earn it, please post your member oath in this thread- https://www.7cups.com/forum/NewbieHub_27/7CupsofTeaMissionCoreValues_207/MemberOathAllEncouragedtoParticipate_7447/1/

If you still find any issues, feel free to pm me. I will be happy to help. Thank you for reaching out.

@caringPanda45 If you have the badge, then you do not need to take them again. But if not, you need to complete the task to get the badge.

Marylsworld June 12th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

@ASilentObserver I have all the badges but still can't see Listener Community Room TIA

Peter1447 January 11th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

i am a huge fan of the unlocking group chat assistance.
I think it's an amazing idea and will be extremely helpful for new comers.

ASilentObserver OP January 11th, 2020

@Peter1447 yes, that is what we thought. But, it is not available on app due to technical constraints. Only applicable for Web Browser mode right now

DarkSquirrel January 12th, 2020

I don't understand any of this.

I don't understand why--when the rooms were open--I was not allowed to talk about depression-related topics in MCR, while others were. Then when I tried to talk about watching documentaries on YouTube, I was "pre-warned," because the mod thought I might say something wrong. (?!?!?!) What they thought I was going to say, I don't know. I just left, because I'm not even sure what it is that I'm allowed to talk about on this site.

Now I'm confused about what it would even take to get into the rooms. I click on a link and it takes me to some thread from 2014. Not sure what a thread from years ago has to do with any of this.

I don't understand why things have to be so convoluted and bizarre. Can't you all just write up a page with terms on it where we can agree to the terms?

Sunandmoon789 January 30th, 2020

@DarkSquirrel How do I listen to 5 at listeners at once to open more group topics? No moderator knows. Very frustrating so thanks for all your help.

AffyAvo January 30th, 2020

@Sunandmoon789 You don't need to do them all at once. The badges based on number of chats or so many chats with different listeners are based on your cummulative total for the entire time you have had your account.

Kayman17 January 28th, 2020

I am missing access to a bunch of chat rooms, e.g., anixety, depression, general chat. I'm not sure if this a systematic error or something else?