Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Motivational March

heathermarie95 March 17th

It's a Motivational March!

During troubling times it can be challenging

to stay motivated so let's discuss some ways

that help you stay motivated and bring you happiness!

I will start! 

A few things that help me stay

motivated and brings a smile to my face

are live music, hiking, and photography!

You are welcome to share gifs or a list of the things

that bring you happiness!

Tag a few of your 7Cups friends too!

love-you.gif

@heathermarie95

https://youtu.be/K8ZgwZf1E3E?si=sO_BJY0Aukj8nNhI

Video on accessing flow states at will.

Anyway, those things you mentioned that make you happy make me happy too. Or used to, anyway. Not sure if that's possible for me anymore. People say nothing helpful beyond "it's never too late" as if that solves anything. Will keep searching for answers.

Gettingbettertoday March 19th

@communicativePond1728\

I have not been able to get into my flow state since 2019. Before that i could do it at will. 

Gettingbettertoday March 19th

@communicativePond1728

I have not been able to get into my flow state since 2019. Before that i could do it at will. 

@Gettingbettertoday That's pretty much what happened for me too.

Right now I feel kinda like an old junky car that struggles to start, go anywhere and don't get me started on the backfiring.

Am looking into the basics...sleep, sun or vitamin D, nutrition, movement, stress management and social connection to see if I can't rebuild myself a bit.

Like I learned sun in the morning is vital for circadian rhythm, at least half veggies at every meal is important (and eat the veggies first for glucose stability) and environmental factors - what I put in my skin, surround myself with etc. are apparently very important. 

It's pretty scary but if I don't face all this things will never change. Pacing and prioritizing, patience, persistence, perseverance, listening to intuition, rebounding well from mistakes, learning more about how the brain and body works are pretty powerful.

sadcat13 March 17th

@heathermarie95 when struggling, i remind myself of why am i doing it. Or if it doesn´t work, I pull a sneaky on my brain and trick it into being interested in the thing. Like for example i really don´t want to clean up my room but go I wonder if I can find this thing while at it that i couldn´t find yesterday. Does wonders

VictoriaLove7 March 18th

@heathermarie95

Thank you for this topic, Heather! 🐶 ^‿^ 

A few things that help me stay motivated is feeling the warm Sunshine 🌞❤ in the morning, hearing the birdies 🐦 chirping, watching funny stuffs in utube ☺

Tagging: @Sunisshiningandsoareyou  @RachelListener  @Bella20   @MytwistedSoul   @kylersartpace  @UnassumingEyes  @coolmecool   @Mel2248

TheFantasticPengua March 18th

The warm sunshine is always a treat! ☀️

VictoriaLove7 March 19th

@TheFantasticPengua

Yes yes, Pengu 🐶, the warm ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Sunshine 🌞❤ always brighten up our days! 

Mel2248 March 24th

@VictoriaLove7

What a warming summon! 😊

I could probably name more things that hinder my motivation than those that help 😅 but coming from there I found a big one -- seeing the progress!

And I mean, having realistic expectations, practicing self-compassion, and keeping the goals small are a huge part of that.

But I feel like I'm runing the positive and relaxed vibe of the thread, so I'll stop there, and hope you all get your dose of sunshine and a good music 😊 (or whatever does it for you).

unassumingEyes March 18th

@VictoriaLove7 Thank you for the tag ❤️

What keeps me motivated…hmmm… exercising does wonders for me. Just doing something simple makes me feel like i can do anything xD 

beyond that is just the future i want for myself. It may sound weird lol but i want a kid when im older, and i think in a way im doing all this for them :p 

My friends are very motivating 🤗🤗

heathermarie95 OP March 20th

@unassumingEyes exercise is great for mental health too! :D

Zeraphim March 18th

Being housed, having food, having adequate social safety nets and healthcare, and not living in the fear that those are becoming increasingly at threat and inaccessible in the future.

Countrygirl095 March 18th

@heathermarie95 this is great

Heather225 March 18th

@heathermarie95

lately it's dancing and working on myself, physically and creatively. taking "me" time to recharge has been critical too in driving my motivation.

chyni March 18th

@heathermarie95

thank you for this wonderful post, heather 🤭

during troubling times, what helps me to stay motivated and bring me happiness is music, 🎼 always. i also do enjoy sitting among my plants 🪴💕 either to just look at their progress or simply to be among them. arts and craft, especially crocheting 🧶 and drawing ✍🏽 will also help. sitting on my balcony early in the morning to feel the cool breeze brushing against my skin, and a phone call to my mom or sister ☺️

tagging: @monaaai @LexiiKardasian30 @WeEarth  

WeEarth March 19th

@chyni

sending-love.gif

heathermarie95 OP March 28th

@chyni thats awesome! im glad to hear that music is helpful for you too!

monaaai April 10th

@chyni

music also helps me, sometimes a nice cup of chocolate tea, reading and meditation 🧘🏾‍♀️ 

Rainboho March 19th

@heathermarie95Art is my motivator and happiness. I don't have to actually do art to feel motivated. I can just look at art and my whole body feels inspired to be creative in many forms.

d16740530e1a2fff9a0c742bb5061ec8_1710814939.jpg

Gettingbettertoday March 20th

@Rainboho

Why are so many artists mentality ill?

sadcat13 March 20th

@Gettingbettertoday I would say it is the other way around of people who are going through stuff expressing themselves through various forms of art. People who suffer from mental health issues or are predisposed to some are generally very sensitive in some way (can be mental and physical too) what makes them perceive the world in a much more intense way. Art is a great way to process things, get them out and express yourself, or just show the world stuff. It can even be a way to explore something, especially in cases of neurodivergence, as for example in case of Da Vinci who is assumed to have had ADHD. 

@sadcat13 love this ! those who are struggling do make an impact on others through music, art(drawing, painting, poetry, etc)

pandanfe March 26th

@heathermarie95

I need a good night sleep to refresh myself from anything. 

@pandanfe

a good nights sleep is a great way to refresh your mind and feel a little better :D