Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

💭

Optimisticempath March 6th

are you really independent or have you never had anyone to actually rely on...

are you really self sufficient or did you never learn to ask for help..

do you really not like talking about yourself or have you never had anyone who actually wants to know you.. listen to you..

are you really a giver or do you just never want anyone else to feel the way you did when you've always been only taken-from..

do you really feel like you'll be fine alone or are you scared to get abandoned by someone... again..

are you really selective of people  or do you accept you have walls and nobody really cares trying to climb them for you...

are you really ok...or do you feel disconnected from reality at all times and you'd never wanna really know how you actually are...

do you actually don't know how to self care or do you not even care about self to do self care ...(both for this one lmao)

can go on...

thoughts...thoughts...🤡 

so much of who i thought I was... were actually just trauma responses lmao....coping mechanisms....defenses .... survival instincts....over the years...it's been just one unfold after another... and idk who i am actually.... so lost and devoid of any energy or will to find or explore or like do anything...at all...😔 

Vagi March 6th

@Optimisticempath It seems you are going through a lot of traumas and things going in your head.. sending you lots of hugs 

frozen-disney.gif 

Optimisticempath OP March 6th

@Vagi

thank you for the hugs <3

animated-animation.gif

Wesley8533 March 21st

I love this

VictoriaLove7 March 7th

@Optimisticempath

Milky 🥺🥛🧸 me hopes you will be gentle to yourself & know that me will climb the wall for you 🥺 

*me sits with you & huggsss tightt*🌈🧸

Tinywhisper11 March 7th

@VictoriaLove7 thats two of us who will climb the wall for you empath ❤❤

mytwistedsoul March 7th

@Tinywhisper11 make that three ❤️

Optimisticempath OP March 7th

@VictoriaLove7 thank you 🌈🧸 *sitting with you and hugging back 💕 

walls are vv tall sadly...your thought counts tho... thanks again 🥺

VictoriaLove7 March 8th

@Optimisticempath

*keeps hugging Milky tighttt*🥺🥛🧸💕🤗🌈🧸

Me once tried wall climbing & will climb the very tall wall 🧗‍♂️ for you 🥺🥛🧸💕

Tinywhisper11 March 7th

@Optimisticempath I know who you are ❤ your a kind, loving, caring person. And my sweet friend ❤ but I guess your right a lot of what you just said. You know me and you are a alike in many ways. I'll climb that wall for you, I'll be here to wipe your tears. You don't have to suffer alone ❤ I'm always just a tag away ❤ ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ I love you ❤

Optimisticempath OP March 13th

@Tinywhisper11

lola making me cry being so very sweet and caring 🥺😭 why you so kind always ..🥺 me luvs you so much 💕💕 *hugs tight💕💕

Wesley8533 March 21st

It is nice to feel loved, I thank you for sharing your thoughts because I kind went through my own intrapersonal battle when I tried to comment. I found my self analyzing instead of listing and it helped to see the love a support. I am here for you to. Sometimes the happiest people are dealing with the darkest of issues, and we may not even know what they are yet. I am sending a Big Hug your way, and a thank you.

Spooky1998 March 7th

I have destroyed and walked off so much of myself, I'm honestly terrified of how little "me" remains, if any.

Truthfully, I think the not-knowing is better. Ignorance is bliss, and all that

Optimisticempath OP March 7th

@Spooky1998

this feels quite relatable, it's not as nice probably when the unknowing becomes an escape or a way to retain some sanity intact but it's what helps us cope with stuff at the end of the day...and i think in this respect...it is ok.. offering  hugs to you <3

mytwistedsoul March 7th

@Optimisticempath 😅 Its like you've been reading my mind ❤️ It's exhausting when you spend years just surviving. And you're absolutely right one thing does unfold after another and there's never a chance to catch your breath. You just survive one day at a time. 

I'm so sorry you're struggling so much right now OptiBear. I wish there was something we can do to ease things for you
*gives the biggest most gentle bear hug* ❤️ 

I know having people here on cups isn't the same as having people in real life but we're all here for you. You're safe with us ❤️❤️

EmmyMarie06 March 8th

@Optimisticempath   this is all rough. I relate to over half of these. but you wanna know the cool thing about all this? it makes you stronger. it means you are strong. I do wanna say though...ik its hard. ik its scary but sometimes you have to get over yourself and make the decision to trust someone. make the decision to let them in. if you stay down like this, you'll only get worse. I'm willing to help. I'm willing to be your friend. :) I'm willing to be there for you and listen despite it all being vertual. :) everything will be okay. sure youve experienced traumatic things. but you have the ability to overcome. 

fruityPumpkin5880 March 17th

wow, I never thought I would resonate with this post as much as I did@Optimisticempath

Optimisticempath OP March 18th

@fruityPumpkin5880 im sorry you relate too 😔 it's not easy feeling these things...how you holding up?

NotAllHere713 March 19th

@Optimisticempath- I am coming from a place that is similar to the one that you are describing. I am not me. I know in a way that what I am is a response to survive. I am under attack from the one person who should love me unconditionally. Many times, such as now, I wish I could just give up, give in, but the one thing I still have is pride, however tattered it may be. I have few friends because I do not want to be a burden in their lives. I came to 7 Cups to share and unload my true feelings hoping that someone out there may empathize with me. Here people have the option to listen or not and I am not forcing anyone. I am tired of the same platitudes that what I am going through will make me a better person. I do not know what self-esteem is. I do not know how to do self-care. I exist hour by hour, day by day with no hopes, aspirations or goals. I apologize for dragging you down with my response to your post. 

quietlistener2023 March 21st

@Optimisticempath

I can understand this feeling.  Kind of like humpty dumpty at times...

Listener89104 March 21st

@Optimisticempath i never do this. but for your existential question, i will for once give an existential reply: 

discipline, self-learning and surrenderance* is the way to accelerate out of the spiral. 

What is the spiral ?

the mind in itself is like ouroboros, a snake eating it's own tail - but with a little difference:

in a whole cycle, it learns that minute bit, matures that minute bit - n over the years matures to somewhat of a significant amount ? tho a lot would argue they haven't matured a lot over the year.. n yes we're only counting wisdom here. 

So the spiral is: us maturing that tiny bit in a whole cycle. 

n somehow we feel trapped in our own world. we lose curiosity or even the will to find or explore because we don't even know where to begin. and thus that first task is the answer. 

*surrenderance: i know its not an actual word, but I don't know the right word. what i mean by this word is: taking life as is. realizing: life is 10% whats happening, n 90% our emotional responses to it. realizing: life is not something happening at you, but something birthing/growing from you. taking 100% responsibility to all that has happened to you n yet hold no grudge, entitlement or pride for it. 

LunaEstelar92 March 23rd

@Optimisticempath yeah, true.

But you can really feel inside you when it's one thing or another.

One when you still have wounds to heal and the other when you have healed yourself already.

This is a long and lonely path.

SerenelyClean March 26th

I relate to this perfectly, everything you said... I feel like u were describing me...