Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt#1: 5 Affirmations For Yourself

ASilentObserver January 19th, 2023

Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a bit easier week. How are you all feeling?

I am starting the Prompt Series with the goal can share our thoughts and supporting each other by responding to the comments and thoughts in this thread. As a healthcare worker, you may have a tighter schedule, and may not be easy to catch up on things talked about or discussed here all the time. But through these prompts threads, we can stay connected and support each other and create and build a growth path for each other.

I will start our first prompt with a profound quote that I embrace and I hope you all like it too.

"Everything at its own pace happens.

The gardener may water with a hundred buckets;

Fruits arrive only in its season." -- Kabir

The weekly prompt of the week: Write 5 Affirmations For Yourself!

It is easier to forget about oneself when you are serving the community and thinking about the community. But, please know you are part of that community too, so taking a few seconds to think about oneself is a good start.

Suggested Threads To Check

_1674140798.atom-biotechnology-nuclear-medicine-with-scientist-rsquo-s-hands-digital-transformation-remix.jpg

ASilentObserver OP January 19th, 2023

Inviting a few friends for their thoughts: @777Bre777, @HippieChik1975, @LyssSky03, @AndreaDawn, @HopefulSprings, @TheRandomEMT, @Jaeteuk

If you know a fellow healthcare worker, please feel free to tag them in this post so we can all discuss and support together.

Jaeteuk January 19th, 2023

Although your work is more behind-the-scenes, it is still just as important.

This is something that I always need to remind myself. Even as behind-the-scenes, without my part of the work, surgeries will be difficult to proceed.

@ASilentObserver

ASilentObserver OP January 24th, 2023

@Jaeteuk Agreed Jae. Every effort and contribution counts. Yours are significant contributions. Thank you for all you do and being here with us. How are you doing?

Jaeteuk January 24th, 2023

I'm in a little of a struggle (financially), since my position is not permanent and only work to cover other's vacation. I'm jobless at the moment. I won't have shifts until a week in March. Amongst 5 other colleagues that I cover vacation days for, unfortunately, they don't have enough vacation where it covers the entire 52 weeks. People don't usually take vacation in the first 3 months of the year. Luckily, it gives me more time to work on launching my business. So, once I succeed in that, I could eventually quit my job, or just pick up shifts that I want to work.

@ASilentObserver

TheRandomEMT January 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Thank you, Obs. That's a great idea.

Tagging @PoliteOcean @DarkGalaxy55555 @MojosKeeper @ListenerDustin @xandia @KindHuman1994

@TheRandomEMT Thank you EMT for tagging fellow healthcare members.

LyssSky03 April 25th, 2023

@ASilentObserver thank you for including me in this post! I've had a hard week myself and still put everything I can in for my patients but it's been more challenging than usual.

GenerousTiger012 January 19th, 2023

1.You're not someone else's opinion of yourself. ,

2. I matter

3. Just because someone didn't treat me right doesn't mean I stopped being of worth

I just feel we face so much criticism at times at work that we stop valuing ourselves. Also obs..is the support group still active?

@GenerousTiger012 Those are much needed affirmations Tiger. thank you for taking your small steps to remind yourself it as well as sharing here with us. Thank you for all you do and being with us here. <3

calmMango9611 January 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver That is a very wise quote.

I just want to thank you, for all that you are doing, to support health care workers, around the globe.

Keep it up, my friend.

@calmMango9611 Thank you Mango. I appreciate your support and careful nurturing in the group chats as well. <3

calmMango9611 January 24th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Your very welcomed, my friend.

I do my best, to create calming areas here at 7cups.

NewYorker11 January 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

this is a great post, i previously have done telecommunications and office work at health care facilities and hospitals. health care can sometimes be a very stressful industry to work it, there are time contraints and catering to the patients' needs... i think its a great idea to have a support group for health care workers, they do God's work on Earth, saving peoples' lives!

@NewYorker11 I can imagine how stressful it can be Newyorker. Thank you for your contributions and support to the healthcare community and here with us

NewYorker11 January 26th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

@ASilentObserver thank you so much for your words of encouragement!

easyMaple3687 January 21st, 2023

I am a peer support worker. I help people with mental health related issues here online, and offline in my community. Locally I do a lot to help advocate for the rights of the homeless.

@easyMaple3687 that is a huge effort maple. thank you for being here with us and all your support to the community. What are 5 affirmations you could say to yourself? please share with us <3

easyMaple3687 January 21st, 2023

@ASilentObserver

thank you for creating this thread. I spend so much time helping others I-have longed for a space to support my needs by connecting with others in the field ❤️

xandia January 21st, 2023

@ASilentObserver

1. One kind word can warm three winter months.

2. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

3. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

4. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

5. The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you think you can only do a little.

@xandia those are much needed affirmations Xandia. thank you for sharing with us. How are you doing?

xandia January 24th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Considering the hours I'm working, I'm doing well. Thank you for asking. I do enjoy answering the prompts. It gives me a break from my work day and allows me to focus on myself for a moment. I appreciate you putting this together. I look forward to future prompts. ❤️💚💙🏥

LawnaM January 24th, 2023

@ASilentObserver I often forget how important affirmations are, and I really don't know why I stopped daily gratitude journaling where I would list what I loved in the world, and then what I loved about myself. It's probably because the method started working and I was feeling better so I took it forgranted and stopped practicing! Go figure - that's what I get for being human. :P

1. I am more than just my job title

2. I am dedicated to being a professional who continues to keep learning but also wants to develop on a personal level to be better for those around me.

3. I genuinely care about other people.

4. I am funny.

5. I can do, most things, I put my mind to!

DarkGalaxy55555 March 6th, 2023

I appreciate the support obs.