Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

Caitlish April 4th, 2015

Today was better. Had friend over and her daughter to dye eggs. The insomnia is setting in again, however, and depression and loneliness are showing their ugly heads. Been trying very hard to keep on schedule with my medications but I am sure I will be talking to my GP at my next appt about upping my dose.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Morning Everyone!

I was just thinking about all of you this morning and being Saturday as well as Easter Weekend, I thought I'd write a positive message for those of you who come on the Depression Community Forum today to try and cheer you all up a little before Easter Sunday!laugh

We should all know on 7 Cups that none of us are alone, as you can all see for one - everybody who posts in this forum is going through a tough time, and you know what? You're all right, it absolutely sucks - but it doesn't mean we can't all fight it together.

For one, I don't want any of you to ever go through Depression or anything else for that matter alone. I'm here for all of you, as are all the listeners on this site. We want to help and support you so please do message us, we aren't scary I promise you! We'll always do our best and most of us do try and check up on our users regularly to make sure you're doing okay.wink

Secondly, I believe in all of you and in all of your capabilities, and you may not believe it but I believe you can all achieve what you want to if you stick at it, and if you want to battle your problems and mental health issues I believe in you and I believe you can do it, so keep fighting! You're all brilliant my lovelies!

Thirdly, you all matter. To me, to other listeners, to each other, to your families, your friends. As much as you may think you don't, you do and I want you all to know that. You are all important to me and everybody else and don't ever forget that, I love being on 7 Cups and having the opportunity to support you and watch you and help you to fight your battles and achieve your own personal goals! Keep it up, you're all doing so well.

Also, depression is real so do remember that you aren't all going crazy, it's completely normal and doctors are there to help too, so if you haven't been but you've been struggling a lot lately, it's something to consider I guess. I hope some of you gain the courage to reach out for help this Easter! The holidays especially can get tough, but there is hope for all of you! You can survive this! When this is all over, I'll still be here and so will you!

I also want you all to remember how brave you are sharing your stories, feelings and thoughts with each other and also listeners. It can be difficult, so so difficult. Anybody reading this who hasn't yet felt able to share with us, please do message me! You don't have to say anything you don't want to or have to tell me anything, but if you feel you can after a short chat then that's brilliant! I won't expect you to, though!

Like i said, I'm here for all of you and I'll support you in any way I can, so don't be scared to reach out for me I'll help you in any way I can. Please allow me and others to help you, it's not as scary as you may think. I'll always do my best to understand you, nobody can promise they'll perfectly understand, but I'll always promise that I'll try. I can't say I will definitely understand how you're feeling, but I can offer my compassion. You won't ever drive me away by telling me something either, don't forget that. I care about you all!

Lastly, although I know it's hard for you to see this right now, but Depression is only temporary. You can all fight this and I believe in every single one of you and I'm going to try and reply to all of your forum posts today if I can, I care about you all! But things will change and you won't feel this way forever, remember that!

Have a good day my lovelies!

Stay strong & take care!

And have a lovely Easter! Please drop me a message to let me know how you're all doing, or reply to this post but please tag me with @EllseeEll so I see it.

- Ellheart

Mangomadness April 4th, 2015

I'm very emotionally drained and lacking any sort of motivation.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Stay strong, sugar. I'm here for you.

Take care, have a good Easter.

- Ellheart

KompassinateK April 4th, 2015

I feel hopeless, and alone. I have no one and not like anyone really cares about me. I can't sleep or eat, and I'm in constant anxiety and depression. I'm in hell.

musicmaniac April 4th, 2015

Hey @KompassinateK Everyone here cares about you and we are here for you. I understand what you're going through. You are never alone, I promise.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

- Ellheart

KompassinateK April 6th, 2015

Thank you EllseeEll and musicmaniac, just been hard these past few months..so that means a lot, thank you

amusingWater2853 April 4th, 2015

Sad

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

- Ellheart

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

- Ellheart

funnyFriend9144 April 4th, 2015

Feeling great. I have finally gotten over my break up but that doesn't mean I don't miss her. I still love her but I have to learn how to move on.

MichaelaS April 4th, 2015

Amazing! I am so glad to see you are feeling well. That is a step in the right direction!

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

That's super good, though!cheeky

- Ellheart

anonyClementine8884 April 4th, 2015

Empty...

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

- Ellheart

impartialTriangle426 April 4th, 2015

Gloomy.. And tired

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

- Ellheart

scarletPal2365 April 4th, 2015

How do you keep your mind occupied so you don't get depressed? There are only so many things to do/listen to.

MichaelaS April 6th, 2015

I write, dance, draw, sing...anything to offer as a distraction! I also meditate.

Our depression guide may also help you!

TheMusicalViolinist April 4th, 2015

I am feeling better today. :)

Yessss!

Yessss!

Wallflower315 April 4th, 2015

Superficial, like I have to keep a mask on all day

Aw oh no. :( I hope you feel okay.

Akirah3Square April 4th, 2015

I realised who I am today, and I'm learning to accept myself :)

Akirah3Square April 4th, 2015

I realised who I am today, and I'm learning to accept myself :)

This is AMAZING.heart

Garrett5568 April 6th, 2015

Depressed

millibob April 6th, 2015

I kinda had a good day but now I'm so sad again:'//

ninjacupcakes April 6th, 2015

How can a boyfriend over 4 years leave me like if I mean nothing....

Harley352 April 7th, 2015

Heartless that's how I've been there 3 times and each one was long relationships

scarletPal2365 April 7th, 2015

I had one tell me to look at engagement rings and then turn around and dump me after 8.5 years for a young 18-year-old. My first real love and real relationship. I tried to kill myself.

TheRoseByAnyOtherName April 7th, 2015

I'm sad and I'm scared and I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going in life. I just feel so completely and utterly lost.

brightKitten3206 April 7th, 2015

I just want to die, I got engaged and it fell apart so easily :( I'm addicted to all sorts now

I just want to die, I got engaged and it fell apart so easily :( I'm addicted to all sorts now

Mangomadness April 7th, 2015

I'm ok now. I'm having sleeping problems so I don't know how I'll be later. I couldn't sleep a few nights ago because I couldn't stop mowing over the breakup in my head. That threw my sleep schedule way out if whack and for the last few nights I've been falling asleep at like 7am. I don't know, we'll have to wait and see where this goes.

navyTortoise3784 April 7th, 2015

I want to die. I'm sitting here thinking how easy it would be to end it all. I wish someone would take this pain away. I have to hide behind a smile everyday and pretend its OK but what's the point no one cares if I'm hurting

greenTalker8052 April 7th, 2015

Like no one cares