Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

purplePear1228 April 2nd, 2015

I don't know what to say, just I know what you are talking about. I know how it feels being alone, although I have been married for 20 something years, as I feel I have been alone my whole life. I'm 43, and I don't know how to start a conversation with the opposite sex...or even coworkers, for that matter. You are still young, plenty of time (I know, it is not a consolation). Things wil get better soon. :) I wish you the best.

tidyCake1103 April 2nd, 2015

I was sad today.

Caitlish April 2nd, 2015

Today - really this morning as it is 3:30 am - is starting out rough. I can't sleep and the darker thoughts are creeping in. I know dawn will come but when it's dark and only my thoughts with me, it's hard not to let myself get sucked in.

goldenBirch3660 April 2nd, 2015

Feeling depress with my life

PurpleLychee April 2nd, 2015

I feel like ending myself.

OoParisBeautyoO April 2nd, 2015

I feel depressed, and like the world is ending.

HelloThere3021 April 3rd, 2015

I feel like I can't breathe. Like I'm never ok even when I should be. I can't let go of things that have hurt me in the past and I can't admit that I still hurt to the people who have caused that pain. The people that I love the most. I should be strong but I just can't be.

angeldelight123 April 3rd, 2015

You shouldn't have to be strong, feelings are there for a reason you are only human, like the rest of us. Everyone has been hurt in the past, in different ways to, sometimes it just takes the support of others to realise there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that light leads to a brighter and more fulfilling future.

Holographicbubbles April 3rd, 2015

It takes time to become strong when it feels like everyone sees you as weak. But it will happen, you will prevail and things will be so much better. Depression is a part of you but it doesn't need to be the whole of you. This is a dark chapter in your life but there will be a shimmering light soon enough. Just work as hard as you can and eventually you will get there.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@hellothere3021

Stay strongsugar and take care. I'm here for you.

I want you to know that I'm always here if you need to talk, as are any other listeners my lovely! Remember that! Whenever you need us, there will always be somebody available for you! You matter to us, I care about you and I hope things only get better for you, sweetheart.

I'm only ever a message away, too - don't forget that.

Best wishes, El.

intuitiveNest3247 April 3rd, 2015

I feel like there's no tomorrow anymore. I got rejected by the person I love. She's talking to someone else. I feel numb but I'm bursting out little by little. My protective shield is shattering and so am I. She was the reason for bettering myself. All she told me was to move on. That's its not fair to her for me to blame her for moving on. Yet she tells she's to blame for every suicide attempt of mine. I think she's a hypocrite in that sense. If I chose to do it or not, it's none of her business. Just exactly how she tells me about her moving on.

angeldelight123 April 3rd, 2015

Love can be a hard thing to grasp and move on from, and some people don't realise the impact it has on others. But please realise that there is so much out there and so much more to life. Don't blame yourself, some relationships work and some don't. It's all part of life, there's someone out there for us all. It's just a case of time.

intuitiveNest3247 April 3rd, 2015

I just think its selfish of her part. If she wants to move on then it's fine. But she's gotta realize that not everyone is as "strong" as her to do so. Particularly when she has the upper hand of having some there already. Whether I want to move on or just end my life then it's my choice. Sure, they could shatter your life, dreams, and hope but you can't take your life because you'll make them feel guilty. They want you alive so they could sleep well at night while you suffer watching them live on with their lives.

Osiosi April 3rd, 2015

I feel absolutely insane. As soon as I notice my depression and realize something is really wrong inside- it convienently runs away back into the shadows like nothing happened and I'm just fine. When I try to reach out for help I convince myself I'm okay and I'm just making it up. Why? I don't know what's real anymore.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@osiosi

I want you to know that I'm always here if you need to talk, as are any other listeners my lovely! Remember that! Whenever you need us, there will always be somebody available for you! You matter to us, I care about you and I hope things only get better for you, sweetheart.

Best wishes, El.

SarahH57 April 3rd, 2015

I feel alone and completely terrified. I'm terrified of living. It's just not worth it anymore.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Best wishes, El.

aquaPear70 April 3rd, 2015

I feel extremely depressed . I cry all the time and no one knows anything I am going threw. I feel alone and have nobody to turn to. I am also stressed and I am a really negative person so that doesn't help. I can't stay positive for long. No one can help me get better. There are tons of things that trigger me . I feel like I can't live with this going on , and I feel it has gotten so bad I have lost touch with reality ! So I no longer know what is actually real . I wish I was okay buy I'm not :'( :(.....

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@aquapear70

Best wishes, El.

BravesFan94 April 3rd, 2015

I have no motivation to do anything. I can't even get myself out of bed till 2 pm daily. And I can't sleep but only maybe 2 hours at the most at night. My life sucks. :/

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@bravesfan94

Best wishes, El.

You know what, depression isn't a thing that makes you stronger. Being broken down by your own mind doesn't make anyone stronger. What makes you stronger is the little things, the things like making yourself a cup of tea when the world seems like it's falling apart, the things like listening to a song that brings even just a small shimmer of happiness, the things like reading a few helpful messages before you go to sleep. Depression doesn't make you stronger but you can still become strong.

Osiosi April 3rd, 2015

Yes. All my yes. This.

Lovely1313 April 3rd, 2015

My days are horrible. I was alone today like the other days. I want to cry but the tears just don't come out. I'm feeling suicidal, worthless, broken, everyone hates me, stupid, useless, fat, clingy, dead inside, tired, hopeless, sad, lonely, exhausted... I'm so sick of this but I don't have other choice, you're going to say you have you just have to change. But I don't want to change cause I'm so tired of this, I'm feeling so weak to do something. I don't know how to feel. All I know is my thoughts are right. All I feel is dead inside.

Please contact your country's Suicide Hotline or emergency phone number if you're feeling suicidal. Although 7 Cups is here for many people, we are not trained to help people with suicidal, homicidal or abusive thoughts.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@lovely1313

Please do take note of the comment above if relevant at any point, but if not then we can support you and always will as best as we can.

Best wishes, El.

Skeptigirl April 3rd, 2015

I try to be positive. I try to think about what I did right. I have accomplished a lot yesterday and today but I still feel bad. I should feel proud of myself but I don't. I just feel hollow.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@skeptigirl

Best wishes, El.

amplified1622 April 3rd, 2015

I'm on vacation. One of the last days, and I feel very depressed. Nobody has treated me better than a piece of paper and they get mad when I tell them how I feel. I am having pretty bad thoughts right now that are eating in my kind and I don't know what to do. I've tried everything that I can..

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

@amplified1622

Stay strongsugar and take care.I'm here for you.

Best wishes, El.

adaptableEyes8876 April 3rd, 2015

Baddd. I woke up today and it's raining, I have a huge amount of revision to be doing for my A-levels and I self harmed yesterday on my knuckle which is irritating me too :(

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Stay strongsugar and take care.I'm here for you.

Best wishes, El.

JetPackBlues17 April 4th, 2015

I feel horrible. I feel like the biggest failure in the world. I want to die right now because I suck at school. I hate my face every time I take off my makeup and my mom hates me, I'm convinced. I just want to lay down and cry so bad, but instead I'm sitting on my roof in the cold and staring at the empty, dark sky.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Stay strong, sugar. I'm here for you.

Take care, have a good Easter.

Always here if you need to talk, as are any other listeners my lovely! Remember that! Whenever you need us, there will always be somebody available for you! You matter to us, I care about you and I hope things only get better for you, sweetheart.

Best wishes, El.

Natti98 April 4th, 2015

I feel the same as I always do. Angry, insecure, and upset. I just really need help all the time but I'm to afraid to ask.

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Always here if you need to talk, as are any other listeners my lovely! Remember that! Whenever you need us, there will always be somebody available for you!

- Ellheart

Garrett5568 April 4th, 2015

I feel tired, alone and sad:(

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Always here if you need to talk, as are any other listeners my lovely! Remember that! Whenever you need us, there will always be somebody available for you!

- Ellheart

calicutie23 April 4th, 2015

I feel really sad and lonely. My heart hurts so much. I feel like i just can't do it anymore. My body is weak and my mind is filled with bad thoughts. I just wish there was ONE person I could go to, but I lost my best friend, so I can't go to her. I don't want to be here anymore. I mentally and physically can't!

Ellseaa April 4th, 2015

Always here if you need to talk, as are any other listeners my lovely! Remember that! Whenever you need us, there will always be somebody avaliable for you!

- Ellheart