Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

5) Writing Fresh Content For 7 Cups: Guidelines

SoulfullyAButterfly January 31st, 2021

Through this discussion, we will discuss the basic guidelines for writing fresh content articles for 7 Cups.

The following are some general guidelines to keep in mind:

1. Include an Article Sub-headline/header: one sentence, no punctuation at the end, this subheader goes under the title that encapsulates the piece -- (We will discuss this soon)

2. Article Length: 1000-2000 words.

3. Break up the article using Subheadings.

4. The article should not be previously published.

5. Include at least one non-copyrighted photo, at least 1200 pixels x 630 pixels in size (from Unsplash, etc). If one is not provided, it will be sourced for you!

6. For any facts or studies quoted, please provide sources as footnotes/listed at the end of your article.

7. For quotes from other professionals, consider back-linking to their professional websites, research-work links, etc. All articles will go through an editing process for optimization after submission as well!

8. Submit your Article as a Google Doc link to ayesha@7cups.com / Link it to the dashboard with editing access if provided a dashboard/ OR use the required form for submission as per what you have been guided on protocol.

9. You will be informed once your article has been published so that you can share and promote it as well! We will also share it on 7 Cups social media accounts.

10. When provided, please ensure that you include as many keywords, these keyword insights can also be used to guide the outline of your article.

Please feel free to share any questions about these guidelines by replying to this thread.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

No questions at this point. The instructions were very clear and informative. I’m excited to get started!

pandanfe April 23rd

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you for the guidelines. It was listed on point which made it easy accessible for understanding 😊

BloomingSakura May 1st

Thank you for sharing the guidelines. The points are explained very clearly. Can't wait to start writing my article!

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Noted! Thanks for the post :)

Georginahowe May 13th

What can it be about 

That is well detailed on what you all expected  but it does sound intimidated for sure.

unassumingEyes June 11th

Guidelines noted, thank you!

@unassumingEyes

keep up the good work with cam

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1 single space or double space

2 what font  do u want and what kind of font size do u want 

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 20th

@Heartsandrosesandpaws single space is ok. As long as you differ your headings (H1, H2 and so on) you can also use any font size and formatting. I usually prefer Arial

PetiteSouris June 22nd

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I have read the discussion, "Writing Fresh Content for 7Cups".

Question: What if we don't want our article to be published?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 22nd

@PetiteSouris Hi, you can inform the team by also writing a note on top of your submission and we won't publish it then

sia1325 June 26th

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you so much for the guidelines. They were super clear and easy to understand! (:

Gargi07 July 23rd

@SoulfullyAButterfly I understand I will keep that in mind

Eitas August 5th

@SoulfullyAButterfly i would like to ask where to submit it. May i ask about the article format can i write it like psychologytoday or verywellmind articles with photos or kind of essay? Thanks

SoulfullyAButterfly OP August 5th

@Eitas Hi there, you will be prompted to submit your first article during the program later on. These are only some guidelines to keep in mind. We only allow for 1 main image in the article. The other style is up to you and this Program does help you come up with an outline and other ideas too in the upcoming discussions 

thatoneguyfriend1121 August 19th

@SoulfullyAButterfly
cant wait to get started on my first article 

IsaboeOfLumatere August 28th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I've read through & I understand -- excited to get started!