Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2) Community Questions and Answers - The Basis of Mental Health Awareness and Support

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

As previously introduced, the Questions and Answers Pages at 7 Cups offer a wide range of quality based answers to common mental health questions

Questions and Answers are available for 38 main categories, ranging from General Mental Health, Disabilities, Managing Emotions, Loneliness, Grief, Recovery, Student Life, Work Stress, and many more!

Through this directory of available knowledge, awareness, and support, 7 Cups is equipped with answers to the common questions and concerns people have. Most of these Questions and Answers are featured in search engine results due to the value of the content they contain.

The main community Questions and Answers Page offers a recent questions section as well as a section containing the most answered questions.

All 7 Cups users are invited to search for or ask new questions through the main page. Community users can also participate in this area by submitting their answers, which are reviewed by a team for quality and other important requirements.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the basic requirements needed to research as well as write quality answers for the Question and Answer Pages. Additionally, we will optimize the drafted answers in light of certain guidelines.

(i) Basic Research and Writing Requirements: When writing answers to community questions, keep in mind these tips:

• You need to write a minimum of 150 characters and 100 words.

• If research is needed to guide your answer, consider only learning about the topic and avoid direct copy/pasting researched tips, advice, or information.

• Consider verifying the information or facts through at least 2 reliable sources.

• When researching possible answers or things the person can benefit from, consider their circumstances and if the tip is do-able and generally applicable.

• Avoid plagiarism.

• Use professional and appropriate language.

• If comfortable, you can add a personal anecdote to help add meaning to your answer. However, avoid turning the answer to just your account or an entire focus on your experience.

• Be empathetic, and consider using active listening skills to help not only answer their question but their feelings - this adds connection and meaning to your answer, as well as identifies understanding, which can lead to trust.

• Answers should be related to the question and must contain tips or approaches to help deal with the question/situation instead of vague responses, even if positive.

• 7 Cups is based on avoiding direct advice, this is because we do not know the complete scenario or situation a person may be facing. Keeping that in mind, avoid giving answers that provide one possible “solution” - a good tip is to consider encompassing all possible outcomes or more than one thing the person can try.

(ii) Ensuring Optimized Answers: Although the above requirements and tips help deliver a great answer, further optimization of drafted answers can help ensure their quality.

At 7 Cups, the Content Team uses researched and identified important keywords to guide their research and the writing process to result in optimized content as answers to community questions. In this regard, the basic tips/requirements involved are:

• Ensure answers have at least 8 to 10 sentences.

• Ensure the usage/incorporation of the maximum number or all of the provided keywords that can relate to the topic.

What are Keywords?

Generally, keywords can be thought of as terms or phrases that describe a piece of content. Related keywords are supporting keywords that can help further describe or expand on that initial content. For example, for the keyword “anxiety”, related keywords can be “anxiety symptoms” or “anxiety treatments”.

Keywords help with search engine marketing and hence are an important part of SEO strategies. A simple strategy to find keywords is to look for Google Related Searches. These related searches are searches that relate to your term. For instance, a Google Related Search for “anxiety symptoms” is “what is anxiety” - using this insight, you can consider including this phrase alongside a brief category of your content outline to help strengthen the optimization of your content.

For other free tools to help with keyword research, you can visit this external link.

Activity

Review this Sample Optimized Answer:

Question: How do paper bags help with panic attacks?

Provided Keywords: asthma attack, heart attacks, asthma, problems, brown paper bag, medical conditions, hyperventilation syndrome, mouth, respiratory alkalosis, common causes, chest pain, benefit, stress, medications

Approved, Optimized Answer:

While panic attacks might mimic the symptoms of heart attacks, they can be caused by several other problems and medical conditions. These include feeling stressed or facing medical conditions such as asthma attacks, hyperventilation syndrome, or even respiratory alkalosis. Although the common causes may differ, common symptoms include chest pain. Deep breathing through the mouth or by using a brown paper bag has its benefits, as it aids in the restoration of the loss of carbon dioxide in the blood during the panic attack.

Notes: The question was general, requiring general research-based knowledge on the process of using paper bags for panic attacks. As the keywords were essentially covered, note that this answer does not have 8-10 sentences, but further supporting information or even a personal anecdote can be added.

The following activity will help you put your attained knowledge to practice. Please write an optimized answer to the following community question, in light of the provided keywords. In addition, you are required to reply to at least one other student’s answer by identifying at least 3 strengths (things done correctly as per discussed guidelines) as well as at least 1 tip for improving the answer.

Note: You are welcome to click the question link and submit your written answer for community publication once done as this is an existing question!

Please do not forget to personally save your activity answers as well as your reply to another user’s answer (recommended on Google Doc or other means) as you will be asked to share this for your Weekly Progress Report.

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Bonus: Want to put your knowledge to test? Consider joining the Question and Answer (Q&A) Approval Team here and earn cheers for helping approve community answer submissions. You will be using the above knowledge as well as reminders on what makes a good answer. For more information, click here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

walkalot August 24th, 2023

@NaturalEmpath

Hi Empath, I like this answer. Personally I would consolidate some of the paragraphs as it seems choppy now

Walkalot, CDM mentor

NaturalEmpath August 24th, 2023

I can see how it could be interpreted as choppy. I could have touched it up a bit more after getting all of the key words input.

kindheartedLily August 14th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Many people experience negative self-talk and that inner critic voice can have a significant impact on one's self-esteem. Though a common aspect of human experience, the good news is that you don’t have to feel this way your whole life.

There are several strategies you can use to reduce negative self-talk and self-doubt, with the first step being to notice these thoughts and reframe them with positive affirmations. Communicating with ourselves by counteracting these negative thoughts with positive affirmations can be a great way to boost your self-worth and self-confidence. If these thoughts persist, seeking the guidance of a therapist can be another great way to work on your inner dialogue and increase your self-love.

Moreover, when we work on ourselves and our self-talk, we can improve our relationships with the people who are important to us. For instance, your relationship with your partner, your children, and other family members will improve because when you foster healthy communication with yourself, your self-esteem will improve, you will respect yourself more, and are more likely to seek out healthy relationships with others. Remember, you are an amazing person, and at the end of the day, the best way to overcome the feeling of not being good enough for someone is to engage in self-reflection and treat yourself with compassion and kindness. Remember, you are an amazing person, and you have your whole life ahead of you.

Clarezg August 22nd, 2023

@kindheartedLily I loved your answer I think you showed really nice empathy in the first paragraph. I loved the encouragement you gave at the end and you put in a lot of good keywords! I really liked the encouragement you added so my suggestion would be to add more of it in your answers I feel like that's a really nice touch!

kindheartedLily August 22nd, 2023

@Clarezg

Thank you so much!

heathermarie95 August 15th, 2023

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

That is a good question and I feel like I ask myself this almost every day. When we grow up, sometimes our parents treat us like we are not good enough for them or like we are failing at what they want us to be. Another situation could be that you may have been in an unhealthy relationship that lowered your self-esteem and question our self-worth. This said partner may have left you questioning why you are not enough. I believe the first step is by starting off by saying that everything happens for a reason because, whether it's good or bad, there's a reason behind it. Reminding ourselves that just because these people treated us harshly doesn't mean we are not good enough. I personally believe they don't see your worth. A healthy relationship or friends will never make you feel like you are not good enough. You are good enough for the people who are meant to be in your life. Stay strong, you will get through this.
MaggieListens00 August 21st, 2023
@heathermarie95 Great paragraph! I think you were really empathetic from the start and showed great validation too. Also good job on getting loads of those keywords in there. If I had one tip it would be to be careful of tenses in your writing, as sometimes these changed mid-sentence <3 Great job wishing you well
heathermarie95 August 21st, 2023

thank you 😊

MaggieListens00 August 21st, 2023

I think the feeling of not being good enough is something many people deal with, I know I have. Human beings are social creatures and strive towards intimate connections with those we care about. This can lead to us holding their opinions of us in high regard, meaning that they can change our perceptions of ourselves and stop us believing we are the amazing people we know we are. Ideally, we would separate ourselves from individuals that cause self-doubt and foster healthy relationships where communication is used to uplift each other however this isn’t possible in all cases. In these instances, we must look inwards to our own views of ourselves.

The formation of our self-esteem is a continuous and dynamic process, a life-long commitment with the end goal being self-love. From the time we are children, this perception of ourselves forms from the words of others around us be it our family members, friends, or even social media. Sometimes these words can make us feel inadequate and we carry these words with us as we age, oftentimes these will form the structure of our own negative self-talk. We mimic the same critiques that we have heard from those around us, and this paves the way for our inner critic.

Though we may not be able to control the words of others, it is within our power to mediate the amount of weight we give them. The voice within our own head is exceptionally powerful and is a fundamental building block in self-confidence. Even something as simple as a positive affirmation has been shown to positively alter individuals’ thoughts on themselves. Though this may not work for everyone, other techniques such as mindfulness, gratitude practices, meditation and therapy have also shown effectiveness – at the end of the day, it is about finding something that works for you.

@charmingEagle47

Hi Charming Eagle, very detailed and thoughtful answer. I like how you get to the heart of the matter. Keep up the good work.

Walkalot, CDM mentor

brightDayFairy February 19th

@MaggieListens00

Strengths:
- Your text is written in an empathetic and relatable manner.
- Love the explanation of why we often care so much about what others think of us.
- And the advice to focus on improving how we talk to ourselves is really beneficial.
Tip for Improvement:
- The message could be easier to follow if it was a bit shorter.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Question: what to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone

Struggling with self-doubt, self esteem, and self confidence happens to many of us. I understand that it can feel terrible, I struggle with self-doubt sometimes too. I also understand that it can also be really hard to bring yourself of this negative spiral sometimes. Some things that you could possibly try are communicating with people that support and have your back. This could be family, friends, or your partner. Having their encouragement could help boost your self confidence and self esteem.

@Clarezg out of this*

@Clarezg

Hi Clare. I like this but I think it's a bit short. Try to add a bit of detail to your answer. If you can add a link and a citation even better.

Walkalot

BenittaJ October 2nd, 2023

@Clarezg

The three strengths i found in your answer:

1. Short- a quick read.

2. Discussing the issue with frnds / family is common but u included partner too. I like it.

3. Made the reader comfortable by specifying "i understand".

Improvement tip:

Alittle about how u dealt it (if) can help.

babyangel November 16th, 2023

@Clarezg

3 positives:

1) The length is great, perfect middle between short and long.

2) I love how you relate on a personal level. It surely helps the person to feel more at ease!

3) I love how you gently suggest things instead of pressuring the person to act – ex, ‘some things that you could possibly try’ is a better way of saying ‘you should’.

---

1 thing to improve:

I feel like the text would be more accessible if it had a few paragraphs instead of a big block. Personally, I don’t like reading big ‘chunks’ of text.

creativeTime4251 January 10th

@Clarezg Hi Clare! Your reply carries a lot of empathy, it is easy to comprehend and you include suggestions instead of telling the reader what should be done. However, I think you could have added how you personally dealt with this issue :) Great answer overall, wishing you the best!

BenittaJ October 2nd, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Ans: Take some time to think about why you feel this way. Are these emotions influenced by any particular events in the past?

Respect yourself by exercising . Keeping this in mind, that everyone has strengths and shortcomings. Every aspect of you is special and valued.

Talk about your feelings with the person in an open manner. They could provide you comfort and offer an alternative viewpoint.

Self-talk use affirmations to counteract negative thinking. Keep your attention on your qualities and successes.

Improve your self-worth and your abilities by working on yourself. You may feel more confident as a result.

Connect with friends and family to get support.

Make a list for yourself, things you love about yourself, things you want to improve and avoid.

walkalot October 7th, 2023

@BenittaJ

Hi Benitta, good answer. Keep it up

Wildarkberry October 10th, 2023

@walkalot

the strengths I found in your answer are:

1. keeping it clear and understandable

2. contains enough keywords for search engines

3. contains do-able tips

improvement tip:

1. better be written in a single paragraph.

Wildarkberry October 10th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The feeling of being not good enough could happen to anyone and is intended for relationships such as with parents, or feeling not good enough with a partner. The social media trend of beauty and success also could trigger low self-esteem that sometimes makes us question our self-worth. This situation could be started with an inner critic of "Why am I-". but at the end of the day, we need to learn that we are just human beings. There is no standard of being good enough in a relationship, beauty, or even success. We need to perform Self-love and stop negative self-talk to gain a healthy relationship and achieve our version of great things. You are an amazing person, so love yourself.

walkalot October 10th, 2023

@Wildarkberry

Great job. Love it

anikahelps October 14th, 2023

@Wildarkberry

strengths: lots of identifiable key words, concise and clear, and powerful message

tip: maybe try adding more description

CocoaCassie January 15th

@Wildarkberry

I enjoyed reading your answer, especially this bit " The social media trend of beauty and success also could trigger low self-esteem that sometimes makes us question our self-worth." So many believe what social media says and think that it is true and that starts the downward spiral of triggering low self-esteem.

anikahelps October 14th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

When I feel like I'm not good enough for someone, I remind myself that my self-worth doesn't depend on what others think or what I see on social media. The first step I take is to figure out the real reason behind my self-doubt and negative self-talk. Sometimes, I talk to my partner and communicate my concerns because healthy relationships thrive on open communication. I also seek support from therapy or confide in my family members and friends for guidance. I've learned to love and accept myself, understanding that becoming a better person is a personal journey, not a race. By focusing on self-improvement and silencing my inner critic, I build self-confidence, and I've seen that this is the right thing to do. In the end, I believe that I am an amazing person with unique qualities, and this mindset helps me foster healthy relationships and achieve great things in my life.

walkalot October 16th, 2023

@anikahelps

Hi Anika, nice answer. Will be encouraging

HachiBee November 18th, 2023

@anikahelps

In addition, you are required to reply to at least one other student’s answer by identifying at least 3 strengths (things done correctly as per discussed guidelines) as well as at least 1 tip for improving the answer.

Three notable strengths of your response are:

1. Your answer is deeply personal, making it relatable and resonant for the reader. This personal touch is valuable as it reassures the reader that they are not alone in their feelings.
  2. By applying your personal journey, you inspire the reader to strive for personal improvement. This motivational aspect encourages readers to adopt the helpful tips you've provided, fostering a sense of empowerment.
  3. Adding easy and manageable tips ensures that your advice is practical and not overwhelming for the reader. This approach increases the likelihood that readers will be willing to try and implement your suggestions.

An area for improvement could be:

• The subjective nature of the piece may impact the overall credibility and reliability of the information provided. Consider using less ‘I-statements’ to make it sound more professional. 

BlueRivercares November 1st, 2023

Everyone is clever in their unique way. There is no limit to learning and knowledge. Humans never gave up and are continuing to discover new things and phenomenon. The only person who needs to believe that you are clever is you. If you are improving, learning from your mistakes it's a great progress. Just study hard and sincerely . Just believe in yourself and you can do anything you want in life. Hard work will always bring you to great heights. Never give up and keep on trying, that's all you need to do. hope this helps and take care.
walkalot November 2nd, 2023

@BlueRivercares

Hi BlueRiver, this is a good answer to the question you chose, but you have to answer the question which is listed in the task: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?. also, give feedback to someone else who has answered the question. Thanks.

LMK when you've revised this task.

- Walkalot, CDM Mentor

BlueRivercares November 5th, 2023

@walkalot thanks for letting me know..but please keep it so that's easy to differentiate. Not everyone can see colour also

stargirl123456 November 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Unfortunately, this feeling can be familiar to everyone. There are times when some people make us feel that we are not important. However, this says more about them than about ourselves. Sometimes it is hard to cope with this feeling, as if we are our own enemies. Perhaps external pressure makes us think that we are only valuable if we do something for someone, but this is not the case. We are all valuable for who we are. What can help is self-knowledge, surrounding yourself with positive people, and learning to accept who you are. Personality development is one of the biggest helps. Learning to work on our mistakes and noticing our positive qualities is empowering. Proper communication also helps a lot, as does contacting a specialist if we have the opportunity to do so. The most important thing is not to compare yourself to others. Everyone is good at something, and what we see on social media is not always true.

walkalot November 6th, 2023

@helpfulmindful88

Hi Helpful Mind, Very nice. Keep it up.

Walkalot, CDM Mentor

BlueRivercares November 6th, 2023

@helpfulmindful88
great use of the keywords
explains well how positive relationships can impact us.
Also it sounds professional :)

BlueRivercares November 5th, 2023

Question : What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Answer : When you find yourself feeling like you're not good enough for someone, there can be many factors that can contribute to these emotions, whether it's in the context of parents, a partner, or other relationships. This can lead to issues of self-worth and self-esteem. Some of the steps you can take are that you acknowledge your feelings and try finding the real reason, only then you will know that you need help or need to find a solution. Whenever you get these negative thoughts try to replace them with positive affirmations. Self-love can also help, If you treat yourself as you would treat your close friend you will know how amazing you are. Able to communicate what you feel will with a close person or family member will relieve the doubt you feel and seek therapy if it's needed. Even try to limit yourself from social media, subscribe to something positive so that negative thoughts reduce. At the end of day know that you are unique and nature has created all of us differently. Keep trying and never give up

walkalot November 6th, 2023

@BlueRivercares

Hi Blue River, very nice. Keep up the good work.

babyangel November 16th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hello, thank you for reaching out.

When you find yourself feeling not good enough for someone, it's crucial to engage in self-reflection to understand the real reasons behind these emotions.

Challenge the negative self-talk and address your inner critic, recognizing that everyone, including amazing human beings, has moments of self-doubt.

Building self-confidence and self-worth is the best way to combat these feelings, focusing on your strengths and achievements as well as cultivating self-love.

Remember that personal growth is a lifelong journey, anything that is worth it requires time and effort.

At the end of the day, prioritize your own well-being and strive for continuous self-improvement. Be patient and give yourself time, you got this :)

Good luck friend <3!

walkalot November 17th, 2023

@babyangel

Great job, BabyAngel. Keep it up

HachiBee November 18th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day.

When faced with feelings of inadequacy in relationships, whether with kids, parents, or friends, addressing this issue involves confronting our self-doubts and negative self-talk. Navigating through these emotions requires a multifaceted approach to boost both self-esteem and overall well-being. Tackling these emotions is not a one-size-fits-all process; it is different for everyone, and it's okay to take your time to figure out what works best for you.

Perhaps you can challenge the negative self-talk, identify and address your inner critic, and replace self-doubt with affirmations that highlight your strengths and accomplishments. It's also worthwhile to celebrate your achievements, no matter how small they may seem. Practicing this can reinforce positive self-worth and contribute to a more optimistic self-perception.

Remember that personal growth is an ongoing process. Remind yourself of the positive aspects of your life and the progress you've made. By taking small steps, you can build self-confidence, silence your inner critic, and foster healthier relatioships.

walkalot November 20th, 2023

@HachiBee

Good answer. I love the tips

enigmaticpanda4152 December 30th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Used Keywords: partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, self-love, better person, inner critic, self-doubt, negative, whole life, self-confidence, healthy relationship, great things, information, end of the day, self care.

In our whole life, at some point, we partner with someone who lowers our self-esteem, making us feel negative about our self-worth. With less self-confidence, our inner critic takes better control of us.

If not directly, we often indulge in self-doubt by taking information from social media posts and criticize ourselves.

The best way to overcome could be self-love; being kind to ourselves is the first step towards building healthy relationships.

As the famous proverb says:

"You cannot serve from an empty cup."

Self care is important. Remembering that we are mere human beings and we feel emotions could unlock great things within us.

The good news is that we can always work on ourselves to become a better person. Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what others think as much as what we think of ourselves.