Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Its Feel Good Friday

CyclingThroughLife November 24th, 2023

Happy Feel Good Friday.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, those that celebrated, and if you didn't or don't celebrate, I hope you have had a great week. 

A lot of us come to 7 cups when we are at a low point, looking for help, advice or to just to vent.  Today, I want to flip the script and talk about those things that make us feel good. So for the work and career forum, on this Feel Good Friday, lets talk about things at the workplace that make you feel good.

What have you accomplished at work that has made you feel good?

Have you done something for someone else in the workplace that has made you or a co-worker feel good?

Has a co-worker done something for you in the workplace that has made you feel good?

@CyclingThroughLife @ImpudentIncognito @KristenHR @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @tommy @trueconfidant123 @warmheartedCamp3360

CyclingThroughLife OP November 24th, 2023

I have accomplished many small things during my career.  Things like completing different trainings and courses on my own that separate me from other employees and helped me advance and/or move through my career.  These accomplishments have made me feel good. 

Have you done something for someone else in the workplace that has made you or a co-worker feel good?

For those that don't know, I work in a jail/correctional facility.  I'm sure that there are small things I do for inmates on a daily basis that make them feel good, despite the situation they are in. 

Has a co-worker done something for you in the workplace that has made you feel good?

Anytime you can do something for someone to make a high stress job easier to get through the day, it makes you feel good.  I've had plenty of co-workers do little things at work that made me feel good.  Shift swaps when someone can't get a day off are a great example of one of the bigger things someone can do to make another co-worker feel good. 

KristenHR November 24th, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife

That is a high stress job at times I've been told, so I can see where the thing you do for each other and for the inmates can make a big difference!

KristenHR November 24th, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife

I love this.  A lot of times we focus on the challenges.  This is great to focus on the positives.

I've been able to implement several programs of benefit.

Being thankful, submit them for recognition, and be a listening ear are just a small token of things.

Someone recognized me for something I did that I didn't think was a big deal and I was awarded employee of the quarter.  Another co-worker jumped in and helped with a project that was super big and I had no way to be able to manage it all on my own.  She asked me to let her know what she could do, she was willing to help.  She was a giant help and did an amazing job.

How about others?  I'd love to hear for yours.

Jaeteuk November 24th, 2023

The biggest accomplishment for my current job is that I finished an intense 4-month full-time Certificate Program that helped landed the job. Since it had been decades from high school graduation, I had to upgrade my Math as a prerequisite. I hated Math in high school. My worst subject. I passed Math 12 with just 50%. But with the upgrade course, I surprised myself and my family, I ended up getting a B+.

So, you may have followed my previous posts, where in one of them I mentioned how a problematic colleague is never thankful when I tell them information. That my intention is just to inform, to remind.. but they always see and respond in a way that I'm being a know-it-all.

So, yesterday, with another colleague (someone who joined our team about 2 months ago). A nurse told me some information and I thought I should let others know. I went to find this new colleague and told her, "Hey, I'm not sure if you know about this yet or not.. but this nurse told me that when you see this pack, add these items to it. We don't usually check this list of items anymore, but I guess we'll need to be aware of this for this type of case". Their respond was much better than that rude colleague. Which in turn, made me feel good. Although she knew the info already, she still thanked me for telling her and even explained she was also told about it previously and taken notes on it. I showed her I left a sticky note on the board of the items that needs to be added. So everyone can see. Thanked me for that too. See, this is the kind of response one should give, even when it's about something they already know. You don't take it personally and tell the other person off and not be appreciative of the friendly reminder.

My intentions are always to inform, to remind, to let everybody know so that we're all on the same page. If you know about it already, then just be thankful of the reminder. Don't respond in a way that you're annoyed that someone is telling you something you already know and think that person is being arrogant and a know-it-all. It really ruins the atmosphere of the workplace and creates tension between the people involved.

KristenHR November 25th, 2023

@Jaeteuk

Great job on your intense course and the B+!

It's always helpful when you have colleagues who are gracious.  I'm glad you have one who is appreciative of your helpfulness.  Staying up to date with important information can be vital.

magicalTree4461 November 24th, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife

Even though this is about work, I do not really work as I am a full time university student. I will talk about university instead.

Getting my work completed on time... receiving many As and A+s. Getting better at writing as well...

Have you done something for someone else in the workplace that has made you or a co-worker feel good? Has a co-worker done something for you in the workplace that has made you feel good?

No, not really... I mostly studied online for the duration of my studies 😢 Maybe should have just answered the first question.

@magicalTree4461

I think university is just as related, as it is preparing you for your career.  It requires a lot of discipline and involvement with a lot of people and personalities and balance between studies and personal life.

Great job on the grades!

Have you helped anyone study, or shared notes, or encouraged anyone before a test?  These would be ways a student would do something for someone at university.  Even inviting someone to take a break from study when they are getting stressed from studying so long.

magicalTree4461 November 25th, 2023

Thank you. No, I haven’t.

ImpudentIncognito November 25th, 2023

...To be honest, I've been in a Debbie downer mood when it comes to my current job position in the finance field for this particular temp position... I was proud that I created many useful guides/policies, and that I learnt new job positions quickly however... Now I no longer care nor able I particularly enthused about it anymore...

Uh... Not particularly. I do cover when needed, but I don't think I make my boss nor coworkers feel particularly good.

No, not really... I was fond of my coworkers plus boss and had a really good first impression until they talked behind my back within my earshot, scream at me, made condescending remarks, or made my job harder... So I don't feel good nor do I have anything positive to say...

@ImpudentIncognito

It actually sounds like a really difficult work environment to be in, so I can understand why it's difficult to feel good or encouraged there.  But I also hear that you do cover for others when needed and while it may not be with joy, you are still being a team player. 

Kudos for your work ethic and for bringing to the table strong work and talents.  Another thing you brought to the table for your colleagues, even if they don't appreciate it.

KatePersephone November 26th, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife I do not work, so instead, will answer these questions in regard to 7cups :3

What have you accomplished at work (7cups for me) that has made you feel good?

I have managed to support a lot of members and have also contributed to the relationship stress community :3

yes! i have provided helpful resources and actively worked with them to plan events/solve issues that have risen

yes! :D they have helped me out and provided support within my roles on the site

KristenHR November 26th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova

This is great! I love it and I'm sure that you are a great support and help for so many here.

kenzolena November 26th, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife

In this situation I use school as I dont really have work lol, but in my examweek I studied really hard for the upcoming tests and last week when I got the results, I got really happy as I scored pretty high in two subjects. I never got a passing grade before is maths and economics so am really proud of getting a 5.9 and a 7.0 out of ten. These tests results made me feel really good and happy.

KristenHR November 26th, 2023

@kenzolena

Studying is hard work.  Congratulations on your exam scores!  You definitely have reason to be happy.  :) 

Bunnylovesyou November 27th, 2023

@CyclingThroughLife

I don't work xD besides cups but I'm on break. But its a great prompt

KristenHR November 29th, 2023

@Bunnylovesyou

Volunteer work counts!  Perhaps you could share what applied prior to your break. 

Bunnylovesyou November 30th, 2023

@KristenHR

You know what, I will (:

What have you accomplished at work that has made you feel good? Helping to bring dissociative disorder chats to the teen side!

Have you done something for someone else in the workplace that has made you or a co-worker feel good? Yesss, I'm a member of the PAT so we make all the good feels 

Has a co-worker done something for you in the workplace that has made you feel good? Actually, I'm going to talk about girl scouts here. My leader made sure everyone knew that at the event I was helping to run, that I was genderfluid, and she would not tolerate any mean or hateful comments.

Daf8 November 29th, 2023

❤️ I feel good about the progress I have made with my personal projects. I exchanged kind words with someone else in that environment, and it felt great ❤️

KristenHR November 29th, 2023

@Daf8

That's awesome.  It does feel good to have those exchanges. 

Daf8 November 30th, 2023
❤️ It does! Thank you ❤️