Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Menstruation Toolbox: Things That Make You Feel Better 🍫

Mya000 5 hours ago

Periods can be challenging, but building a "menstruation toolbox" filled with things that help you feel better can make all the difference! It’s all about finding what soothes you and brings comfort.

Here are a few ideas you might want to include:

• A warm heating pad or hot water bottle to ease cramps
  • Herbal teas like chamomile or peppermint to soothe and relax
  • Your favorite comfy blanket or soft, cozy pajamas for comfort
  • Essential oils like lavender or eucalyptus for a calming atmosphere
  • A nourishing snack, like dark chocolate or fruits

anthony-tran-8i2fhtstfxk-unsplash_1726775789.jpg

Everyone’s toolbox looks a little different—what’s in yours? 💭 Let’s share and support each other!

period comfort, easing cramps, herbal teas for periods, cozy period essentials, heating pad for cramps, essential oils for relaxation, period self-care, nourishing period snacks, women's hygiene protection, menstrual calendar, cotton tampons, period support, menstrual wellness, period self-soothing

AffyAvo 3 hours ago

I use a few different medications to help. Plus I'm lucky to have a supportive husband who will notice signs and remind me to take something or fetch it for me if I feel too unwell to get up. Once a day medications, I'm great at. Take when x happens, it can be amazing how I don't even think to use a medication when suffering!

Comfort things - gentle stretching to ease muscles and tendons that have really contracted and tightened. Smoothies - I find they just go down so much easier. Massagers - gun, theracane, etc.

Mya000 OP 60 minutes ago

@AffyAvo Thank you so much for sharing what helps you! It's great that you have a supportive husband and a system in place to manage your medications. Having those little reminders can make such a big difference. Gentle stretching and smoothies sound like perfect comfort ideas too—so simple yet effective. It's great that you've found things that work for you! 💜