Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello. My name is Jon.

Johnnybgud5150 July 6th, 2023

I am 56 y.o newly diagnosed with a health issue. Sometimes I need to vent or just chat with someone. Hope to make some connections here. PEACE!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 6th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Nice to meet you, Jon, I hope you find lots of support and compassion here!πŸ’›

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 10th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Nice to meet you. I do hope to make some meaningful connections here over time. Thank you.

trueconfidant123 July 6th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Welcome to the community John. We are glad you took the first step towards your mental health journey and are here with us now. We hope you find the kind of support you are seeking on here and make meaningful connections.

@trueconfidant123 Thank you. I am looking fwd to the possibilities this site may bring.

ambitiousTown6481 July 6th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150 Hi sorry to hear about your condition hope to chat with you more

@ambitiousTown6481 Thank you.I would love to chat one of these days.

amiableBlackberry92 July 6th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Hi Jon, I'm sorry your struggling with a health issue. It's a good place here at 7 cups there's so much support here . I'm sending positive vibes and strength for you! πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š

I have a couple of close family members dealing with serious health issues and it's an incredible struggle.

Your not alone my friend.

Best

ABB πŸ’œ

@amiableBlackberry92 Thank you.Yes the struggle is real. I see you are an artist. So am I. Perhaps we could chat about that sometime,or anything else.

amiableBlackberry92 July 10th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Yes I am an art enthusiast, please share I'd like to know your thoughts about anything art related. I find art is an amazing therapy for me. I have CPTSD and it helps a lot. Warning in advance I might drive you a little nutty when I get going on the subject of art πŸ˜„.

ABB πŸ’œ

@amiableBlackberry92. Hello again. So I am a self taught painter. I started with oils but now use acrylics. I like to say I am a self taught artist whos teacher doesn't know what he is doing.😜 Perhaps I could share some of my paintings with you. Oh and you can be a nutty as you want to be.πŸ˜„.

@Johnnybgud5150

That is so incredible me too! I am a self taught painter and actually have completed alot of canvases. I started painting after the loss of a parent 9 years ago. I have always used acrylics because they are so forgiving. I do some pencil drawing also. Who is your favorite artist ?

I find painting kind of a meditative activity -when I am painting I am in the zone so to speak. It is very healing.

What kind of subject matter do you paint. Animals, landscapes, beaches, people? Have you painted for others or just for yourself?

ABB

@amiableBlackberry92 Awesome. I honestly do not have a favorite artist. I admire work from many different artists. I call myself a mood painter. So my pics can be jsut about anything. I have done some landscapes. Abstract. Portraites,weird scenes,gloomy depressing art. Ha I do not like painting flowers or sunshine.haha.

I find it therapeutic as well. I have about 5 Home Depot boxes full in my garage, I have actually sold a few as well. But I am a amateur.

Im not sure if we can pm here or how. It would be cool to share what we have done.

@Johnnybgud5150

That's an awesome title, mood painter. I'm impressed you can do portraits..and I love moody stuff. Art tells a lot about the artist. ..I love that you've sold some too!! This is great.

..I have done so many different types of paintings. Alot were from the struggles I've dealt with. Beach is a go to subject. Moody yes some for sure. I have done alot of boats, guitars -abstract style. I have a favorite famous painter, he is my muse lol.

PM is for the ppl that sign up to be a listener . .then you can share that way ...

You can up load pics onto the hobby forum I believe too.

Do you feel like your work is not easy to share. ?Sometimes I get insecure about my work. I have shared, gifted, & sold a lot of my work. I am nervous to put my work on a forum where everyone can see it. I have shared on pm with listeners I trust here.

I value privacy because I have a lot of trauma ( and I do mean a lot) I don't want to be judged ....

Currently the weather is rainy here so I'm working on a canvas with a lot of detail. I can get lost in painting and that helps me deal with the health challenges.

If you decide to be a listener let me know your listener name and I will share with you. πŸ–ΌοΈπŸ–ŒοΈπŸŽ¨...

ABB πŸ’œ

@amiableBlackberry92 What are your favorite things/images to paint?

@amiableBlackberry92 Your last post to me did not have a reply option, Weird??? Thank you for sharing. I have done a couple beach scenes but sort of cartoonish. I love how realistic some people can be like the water etc..In a group like this I would not want to post pics for everyone to see. I share my work with friends and co workers that are interested. I did make a fb page specifically for my art though. It may be against this sites rules to share that though. IDK.

I do not plan to become a listener at this time.I really dont have quality time for that yet.

I am jealous that you have rain. I am in the SW and its like 110 deg here. Waiting for our monsoon season to start.

Its wonderful to meet you and I understand your need for privacy. So I respect that, We need to figure out how to share though if you are willing.

amiableBlackberry92 July 11th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

No worries we can chat here for now . Cartoonist is an art form .! What are the things that inspire your art subject choices ?

Remember art is subjective. I find it very interesting to see which people choose what canvas they like. It always amazes me to see the art piece that people are attracted to . Maybe you could unbox your work and have a little art show. ? There you'd meet like minded artists.

I did have a show locally and sold some pieces. It was fun until Covid squashed everything.

I understand about sharing I don't want anyone to recognize me here. Small town πŸ˜• ... I am only on this forum. I am not on FB.

My CPTSD condition keeps me off social media. I have soooo many triggers .. In the interest of self preservation and all that.

When you post here I am notified because I subscribed to this thread . I understand about not wanting to be listener. I don't because I'm too vulnerable and some triggers can spiral me down into episodes. I'm working on boundaries in therapy.

I hope you are ok with 7cups . It's been good here for me. I feel safe here.

Sounds incredibly hot there! ....weather all over in general has been kind of extreme for alot of us.

I'm happy to give you support here if you need a chat. I'm always interested in artistic people and share my love of 🎨 art !

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 11th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 So I am inspired by my mood and also music. And music puts me in a mood so.... I have always been pretty creative so I get a lot of thoughts and ideas or have a feeling I would like to try to express on canvas.

Its pretty cool you have had a show. The last thing I did was have a garage sale and I put a number of paintings out for sale. I sold 3 or 4 and encouraged a little girl to try painting herself so that was neat,

I am still learning how to connect here on 7 cups etc. Again I have no big secrets but as you privacy is important and connecting and sharing with specific people is what I need but for everyone to see my conversation will prevent me from sharing or connecting with others in a deeper more meaningful way. Perhaps there is a way here that I do not know.

Perhaps I will look for a way or place to post a pic like you mentioned and I will notify you. I do look fwd to chatting more with you.

j

@Johnnybgud5150

Music is something I absolutely can get lost in. Some can really hit me straight into my soul. It can be incredibly inspiring. I'm always amazed at how talented musicians can be. It's a lot like painting as it's a creative art form.

I find that I love reading about the stories behind famous artists. I feel connected to some because of their incredible struggles with health, emotional health, & tragic circumstances. So many were expressing how they felt about their situations. Some amazing masterpieces came from some of the darkest experiences.

Some weren't recognized until well after they were gone. I think if I could create a masterpiece before I leave earth I would feel like I left something for people to enjoy for eternity. I can dream right ?! πŸ˜†

Best

ABB πŸ’œ

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 11th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 Good morning. I love music also. What are your favorite types or artists/groups that you listen to? I collect a lot of music onto my mp3 player from you tube videos so I can listen in my car or while walking or working out. I must have music when I paint, Or when I just want to relax.

Do you know the real reason why famous oil painters were not famous until after they died?? Because that's how long it took for their oil painting to dry. Ha! Thats why I switched to acrylics.

Perhaps someone will consider one of your paintings a masterpiece one day. Think about this. Every one of your pieces is one of a kind and the only one on this planet. Every one you do is unique in itself. Others may be similar but yours is one of a kind.

You are inspiring me to start another painting. I am working on one now but I am set up in my garage and its about 150 degrees out there now. Ha. I live in Arizona.

@Johnnybgud5150

Almost afternoon here. We are finally getting some sun after some flooding going on in this area ! I wish we could send some water to you there!

I like all music lol. Except the cardi b rapp type stuff. I love all 80 s music because I was in my 20s then. I like the 90 s stuff too . I love Linkin Park. I can appreciate classical too. I really enjoy so much I probably have a really long list of loves lol.

I have a big variety on you tube so I can listen at the gym in my car etc .

I'm so happy to inspire you. Maybe create a light filled room in your home just for painting 🎨. Make it special just the way you like . I hope today is a good one for you. Ttys

Best ABB πŸ’œ

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 12th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 Hello. Sorry I am a lil slow getting back to ya. One of those days. Yes I will take your rain. All of it. I really am a storm person. It energizes me. I have always loved gloomy/rainy weather. It brings me peace.

The 80s were my years for music also and I had a big collection of cassettes back then as well. I was mostly a rock n roller back then. I have since mellowed in my music tastes. Although there are a few rock bands I currently listen to such as Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Seether But I lean more towards artists like SYMIL now.

Oh and I got to thinkin and changed my mind about becoming a listener. I signed up and am part way thru the process. I am using the same name as I do here. I should be up and running pretty soon.

Peace to you. Bye for now.

j

amiableBlackberry92 July 12th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Good morning Jon,

Breaking Benjamin and Seether are on my playist ! Lol.

So funny you mention cassettes. I guess I'm kind of attached to my old walkman because I still have it along with a few cassettes lol! It still works too , πŸ˜†.

That's very cool you changed your mind about being a listener. I think you will be surprised at how much you like helping others.

I just completed my latest painting. I'm planning a visit to an art museum with a friend. Exciting !

I have a childhood friend who lives in TX and she said it's absolutely hot hot hot there. I think any extremes in weather get annoying after awhile. Seems like rain is stuck here.

Today I will look for inspiration for my next creation.

Hope your day goes smoothly. Ttys .

ABB πŸ’œ

@amiableBlackberry92 Hello!

That is great that you will get to visit an art show. I hope you have a great time.

Congrats on completing another piece. Do you work on one at a time or have a few in progress? What is the subject of your newly completed work?

I have graduated to an MP3 player to put my music on. Only because my kids showed me how to do that. ha. I will always be a lil behind with the technology these days.

I hope you have a wonderful day!!

@Johnnybgud5150

Jon,

Usually I work on one painting at a time. This one was very detailed and took awhile. Sometimes I take breaks from them then go back and complete them. It is a version of a famous painters creation. ( sometime I can share with you when your a listener.) No judgement right? Do you feel insecure about your work sometimes?

Technology is something of a challenge unless we were born with an i phone in our hands lol. I am not an i phone person I am an android phone person. I did work on a computer for many years so I know some of what to do on a laptop. I am no expert . I don't think I ever had an mp3. My kids had something like that in the 90s but I cant remember the name of the device. LOL. They helped me figure out some technology for sure. Thankful I have them they are experts ! My son gave me my first flip phone many years ago and showed me how to use it. LOl. Technology is ever changing .

I have to say I am feeling down about all the challenges I am facing at the moment. These problems are not short term unfortunately. Do you ever feel like time is so much shorter than it used to be.?

I hope your day is a good one.

ABBπŸ’Ÿ

@amiableBlackberry92 I am totally looking fwd to see your work. No fear of judgment from me I promise. I am not that way. Especially I know my ability or lack thereof. I have seen people post amazing work and they downplay it and I am like I will never be that good. So no dont worry about me.

I also have an android. I only have it out of necessity not because I want to have one. You know. I use my laptop for most things.

Im sorry you are feeling down. The struggle is real sister. I will tell you more of my issues in private. But yes the time issue is real to me too. I work in healthcare and only work three days a week but my four days off seem to go by faster than my 3 days on, if that makes sense. I watch motivational videos and use music to encourage myself when I need to.

Here this is for you,,,You're Gonna Be Okay (Lyric Video) - Brian & Jenn Johnson | After All These Years - YouTube

Peace to you. tts

j

@Johnnybgud5150

Oh I'm so very glad you don't have to work more than 3 days a week... This is so important.

Thanks for sending me some inspiration it's very much appreciated πŸ‘.

Ttys

ABB πŸ’œ

amiableBlackberry92 July 13th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Good morning my friend, I hope your able to enjoy the day a little bit.

Sending you good healing vibes πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ....

Ttys

ABB πŸ’œ

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 13th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 Hello to you. My day has been ok. Took my boys out for a little while.I just got home. I usually try to relax a bit at home on Thursdays because I work 12 hour shifts on Fri, Sat and Sun. With my condition it can be tiring.

I look forward to sharing more with each other about our particular struggles. Plus being able to encourage each other when need be.

Please forgive any delay in contact over the next three days due to my getting home late.

I hope you are having a wonderful stress free day.

Peace to you my friend.

j

amiableBlackberry92 July 13th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your boys. Sounds wonderful.

Yes hopefully we can support one another through the darkness that is life sometimes. I look forward to sharing/ supporting.

No worries my friend, I understand about the work schedule. You need to save all your energy for that. Work is draining on the best of days.

I hope you have a super relaxing night and sleep well.

ABB πŸ’œ

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 18th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 Hello friend,I hope you had a good weekend.

j

amiableBlackberry92 July 18th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Hi my friend,

Very busy weekend but decent.

I hope work was ok for you. Now your home for a few days.... Time for painting 🎨 lol and listening to rock music!

Tell me how you are !

I found an inspiration for my next creation ! Excited.

ABB πŸ’œ

@amiableBlackberry92 Hello! My work weekend was ok. 12 hr. plus shifts. I leave at 5 am and don't get home until after 7pm so it makes for a long day. So yes I try to make the most of my 4 days off.

Overall I am doing ok..Dealing with my issue everyday. I did just buy an exercise bike today that will help me with some mobility issues. My condition calls for a lot of exercise to slow the progression.

But how are you doing? Do you have ways to minimize your bad days? I know we haven't discussed this really but I hope you have more good days than bad days.

I may try to paint some. I am working on something right now. I really want to show you.

What gave you your recent inspiration? Care to share??

@Johnnybgud5150

Jon,

Sorry I fell asleep lol.

Were you able to become a listener ? If so tell me your handle so I can share pics with you☺️ . Feel free to message me directly if you can. I have been messaged by other listeners on occasion here.

Your work days are very long days. You are a trooper to get through those. Impressive . πŸ‘

It's great you have equipment at home to use for exercise. It really is important to keep moving. We must brain storm more fun ways to exercise so you don't get bored . I like to mix things up so I stay interested.

I exercise a lot and this helps bring up to dopamine levels in the brain. I try to pull myself up with music and painting, plus I like to cook. πŸ₯˜

I think meditation is helpful to overall good health but it's hard to do. Painting is like a meditation for me.

What are you up to today? Do you like to cook? What's your favorite food? Do you have any pets ?

It poured buckets of water here over the weekend I thought of you and the weather there. My Texas friend said she feels like she's on fire from the heat there.

Ttys my friend

ABB

@amiableBlackberry92 Hello ABB. I hope you are well. I am still in the process of becoming a listener. There are steps to do it it seems. I need to do a practice session with someone yet. I will for sure let you know when I am done. I think I will keep my name the same as it is.

I also do a variety of exercising. I have free weights and a total gym as well. I now have the bike so I don't need to go out into the heat and walk/run.

I do cook also but mostly because I need to eat not because I find it fun. Ha, I also do dishes, laundry, vacuum, mop floors, etc. I have skills. (as Napoleon would say).

One cat and one dog .Pics I will show pics later. How about you?

As for today I am teaching my boys to drive. So also preparing for a heart attack. lol.

We are starting to get some monsoon activity here in the afternoons so that is exciting for me.I love rain and storms. Some people do not like storms. What about you?

TTYS MY FRIEND.

@Johnnybgud5150

Hi Jon,

It's nice to hear from you....I am glad to hear your making progress with your listener account ☺️.

I belong to a gym .. the weather here is not conducive to outdoor exercising especially in winter β˜ƒοΈ lol.

I'm glad your getting rain soon , I do enjoy a good β›ˆοΈ thunderstorm and we've had plenty this year... I'm hoping for a little sun 🌞 the light helps for painting 🎨.

It's great to see you have skills in maintaining a home and your funny! Yes you need to eat and I like your humor.... that's a great extra . Humor is healing don't you think?

Teaching kids to drive is frightening lol. Been there . The girl was way more scary than the boy .

I don't have pets at this time but I have many in my life through others. I love furry animals and can't wait to see your pics.

Looking forward to sharing

ABB ☺️

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 19th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 ABB, Hello. So I am now an official listener. Look out world here I come.

Im thinkin you may be the first person I connect with. I am sure there will be some sort of learning curve for me..I should have read those directions. Oops. Hopefully I wont drive anyone to madness.

JohnnyBegud5150 is my name and listening is my game,

I will look for you there. If I remember how to get there. haha.

Peace my friend.

j

amiableBlackberry92 July 19th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Congrats my friend. You will be great!

Your already a good listener right here. Please send me a message if you can .

I will try to see if I can find you.

ABB ☺️

Johnnybgud5150 OP July 19th, 2023

@amiableBlackberry92 If you make a request in general request for listener I should see you pop up.

Megoalltheway July 6th, 2023

@Johnnybgud5150

Hi there, hope you're doing OK.

@Megoalltheway I am ok,thank you. I hope you are doing well also.