Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

delicateBubbles94 November 21st, 2016

I pledge to use 7 cups with kindness and compassion, helping anyone in any way I can. I promise to be considerate and understanding, and do as much as I can to support whoever is going through a hard time.

NathanPham November 23rd, 2016

@Laura I promise to be kind, caring ,and helpful to everybody. I will try to do my best to help improve our community :)

TheHuggleMonster November 24th, 2016

Well as a member I'd pledge to try to always follow the guidelines and stay supportive and nice to all the people I talk to even if I do need support myself ^-^

amazingSunshine91 November 27th, 2016

As an active listener on 7 Cups of Tea this is my oath to:

1) Treat every person who I connect with as I would a close friend: with empathy, respect, and dignity.

2) Help out others, but also make sure that I am taking care of my own needs

3) Feel honored and proud to be part of this big community helping so many people

4) Adhere to community guidelines and confidentiality out of respect for users and professional integrity

Guyno1 December 12th, 2016

@amazingSunshine91 Can I talk to you

amazingSunshine91 December 13th, 2016

@Guyno1

Hey, sure! You can PM me whenever, and we can set up a time to connect :)

TheHuggleMonster December 5th, 2016

I pledge to adhere to the rules and know kindness and support everywhere and anywhere I am on 7cups.

Skuhlm1 December 7th, 2016

I promise to compassionately listen and be of service to those I come into contact with in the 7 cups community. I promise to empathize and to the best of my ability to reflect back to others that they are heard, understood and valued because of who they are. I promise to uphold the highest respect and utmost dignity to the 7 cups community.

TropicalWatermelon December 8th, 2016

I promise I will be kind and caring to everyone on this website and that I will follow the guidelines.

confidentHeart99 December 9th, 2016

I promise to always be supportive and loving the the poeple that need it. I promise to stick to the guidelines and not get involved in negativity. I will do everything in my power to keep this promise.

@Confidentheart99

December 8, 2016

jr50 December 9th, 2016

I promise to abide by the 7 cups rules and guidelines, I will be kind, compassionate, and show empathy to all members and listeners

Jr50

12/08/2016

themainjane December 11th, 2016

@Laura

what is the oath - i couldnt find it?

RebelHawk December 14th, 2016

I vow to show compassion to others and treat other members the way I would like to be treated. I vow to love and support my fellow members. I vow to uphold the guidelines of 7 Cups and be a positive model of this community.

Signed: //tiggerthepenguin//
Date: 12/14/2016

littleWater7718 December 21st, 2016

I pledge to treat fellow 7 cups users with compassion, to approach everyone I meet with empathy, to strive to turn hurt into beauty and, to the best of my ability, to pay forward the kindness that has been shown me.

discreetBalsam3833 December 21st, 2016

I pledge to use seven cups in order to enable me to cope better with stress.

stacy46 December 21st, 2016

lightTortoise1929 December 21st, 2016

I pledge to treat everyone on 7cups with compassion and to follow all rules and guidelines to the best of my ability.

phi123 December 22nd, 2016

I pledge to show compassion, empathy and understanding to all those who seek a listener here on 7 cups. I pledge to use this plaform to help those who seek it and to spread positivity whilst improving my listening skills.

Signed: phi123

Date: 22/12/2016

athinker December 25th, 2016

I pledge to treat everyone on 7cups with compassion and to follow all rules and guidelines to the best of my ability.

RETT January 19th, 2017

I pledge to show kindness and respect to all I interact with on 7cups and to follow all rules and guidelines to the best of my ability.

Signed: RETT

Date: 1/19/17

missSmile January 22nd, 2017

Signed: //missSmile//
Date: 27/11/2016

Moosewithducks January 26th, 2017

I, Moosewithducks, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

signed: Moosewithducks

1/26.17

CelestialStardust February 12th, 2017

I pledge to follow all community guidelines and to do all that I can to make 7Cups the most positive, supportive inclusive environment it can possibly be by engaging in the community with an open mind and heart.

quietLime89 February 12th, 2017

I pledge to try my hardest to be a supportive member on 7cups community. I pledge to be kind, to communicate honestly with others and respect them. I pledge to do my best in bettering myself and others, to meet people, and to make them feel welcome here.

iTheOverseer February 20th, 2017

I pledge to show compassion, empathy and understanding to all those who seek a listener here on 7 cups. I pledge to use this platform to help those who seek it and to spread positivity whilst improving my listening skills.

Signed: iTheOverseer

Date: 2/30/1

Strauberryjam February 21st, 2017

I pledge to make sure everyone can feel equal and as happy as I am when I help people on this site! I also pledge that I will try to follow all of 7Cups' rules and make sure I understand the person i'm helping and don't give them to much advice.

Signed: Strauerryjam

Date: 2/21/17

Strauberryjam February 21st, 2017

@Strauberryjam

Opps I spelled my name wrong!! I feel like I didn't contribute oh my god ;-;

goldenFig9322 March 4th, 2017

I feel like I break down even more before therapy session as if I'm creating something big to talk about. Any experience with this and solutions? Thank you.

ShadlokVance March 6th, 2017

I, ShadlokVance, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfil to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Maddz4Christ March 7th, 2017

I pledge to use 7 Cups in way it is intended to be used! I will use it for the benefit of myself and others.

Signed: Maddz4Christ

03/07/2017

March 10th, 2017

I will be nice, helpful to all the people.

I will not do anything bad,

I wil say welcome to people.

DouglasOtto March 13th, 2017

I, DouglasOtto, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Doug

Date: 13-03-2017

LuckyCloverX March 14th, 2017

@Laura I promise to adhere to the 7cups rules and show support to everyone!

Bumblebee16 March 24th, 2017

@Laura

I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

Cookies271 April 2nd, 2017

I pledge to show compassion and help myself at the same time. I want to get better, that's why I'm here, and I want to return to this community as much as it is giving me.

I pledge to follow the rules, even when it feels pointless, because it isn't and I know it.

calmmelody22 April 3rd, 2017

I, calmmelody22, pledge to show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will be patient and listen without judging. I will refrain from giving much advice and do my best to help spread love and happiness.

BlakeMac April 5th, 2017

emmataylor April 10th, 2017

warmheartedCity8277 April 11th, 2017

I pledge to be strong and interact in the ways that reflet the values and the guidelines of 7Cups. I will show kindness to everyone I meet on 7Cups no matter where it be.

Signed: warmheartedCity8277
Date: 4/11/2017

lgrndvll April 23rd, 2017

I pledge to do my best to help others and to try and be better.