Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

BrownieYve1149 November 25th, 2020

I,@BrownieYve1149, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed//BrownieYve1149//

Date: 11/24/2020

Impy1015 November 25th, 2020

I totally agree to adhere to the 7 cups values and solidify my commitment in this oath

DarkPiT23 November 26th, 2020

I, _DarkPiT23___, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. �

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. �

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. �

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. �

AubeQuinn November 26th, 2020

I am a member and I take oath to following community guidelines

unassumingKiwi2753 November 27th, 2020

i agree

jill333 November 30th, 2020

I, Jillian, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: jill333
Date: November, 29th 2020

bigBlanket63 November 30th, 2020

I promise.

Signed: Bigblanket63

Nov. 30, 2020

JemmyX0X0 November 30th, 2020

I, JanelleINFP, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //JanelleINFP//

Date: 11/30/2020

December 1st, 2020

Yes to all

hopeforfuture12

7avlaliasS December 1st, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfil to the best of my ability and judgment this covenant and undertaking.

I must first do no harm. � �

I will promote healing and well-being in my members and place the member�s interests above my own at all times.

I will not violate the physical boundaries of the client and will always provide a safe and trusting haven for healing.

I will respect the integrity of the members with whom I am working, and I will remain objective in my relationships with members.

I will be silent and honor the confidentiality of my members.

I will treat my fellow listeners with honor and respect. I recognize that my behavior impacts them individually and influences the entire community.

I will provide only those services for which I have had the appropriate training and experience and will keep my technical competency at the highest level in order to uphold best listening practices.

I will recognize when I don't know something, asking for help when I need it. I will know my own abilities and limitations.

I commit to growing in knowledge, understanding, and skill, to work collaboratively with listeners and other colleagues in the health professions, and to promote the highest quality of member care.

I will keep this promise as a person of integrity and as an active listener, and I will do everything in my power to facilitate health, healing, and wholeness within myself, my fellow listeners, members and my world.

scarletFig5651 December 2nd, 2020

I,@scarlet pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Meforexample December 5th, 2020

I, Meforexample pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Meforexample

PSparkletts77 December 6th, 2020

I,@PSparkletts77, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: PSparkletts77

Date: 12/15/2020

t0xictears December 6th, 2020

I, t0xictears, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. �

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. �

Signed: //t0xictears//
Date: 12/06/2020

Aurora24Ten December 6th, 2020

@laura

i promise to uphold the oath and not break it.

We're ALLL in this together...#SurvivorsInSync

💪💪💪

bebeyu December 6th, 2020

I,@bebeyu, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

bebeyu

I, bebeyu, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //bebeyu//

0Reply

I, Brenda Nwosu, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Brenda Nwosu//

0Reply

Fred20 December 7th, 2020

I, Ugochukwu Oranu, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Ugochukwu Oranu//

Date: 12/07/2020

I, Ugochukwu Oranu, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Ugochukwu Oranu//

Signed: Ugochukwu Oranu

optimisticBerry1489 December 7th, 2020

I, optimisticBerry1489, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed:

I, __dvlsbb____, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: optimisticBerry1489

optimisticBerry1489 December 7th, 2020

I, optimisticBerry1489, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: optimisticBerry1489

KittyTheDog94 December 7th, 2020

I promise to adhere to the guidelines set by 7 cups.

I, Fred20, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Fred20

Edobre399 December 8th, 2020

I, Edobre399, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Edobre399/
Date: 12/8/2020

Introvertk December 10th, 2020

I, Introvert k, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Introvert k//
Date: 10/12/2020

ForestFern12 December 12th, 2020

I, Fern, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the cummonuty guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing me during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a comunity together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand that how I will react to any situation is my choice.

Signed: //ForestFern12//
Date: 12/11/2020

healingLion2021 December 19th, 2020

@ForestFern12 very good oath

Doglovercward December 12th, 2020

I, Doglovercward, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the cummonuty guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing me during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a comunity together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand that how I will react to any situation is my choice.

I will welcome any constructive critism and feedback and will consistently try to adjust my attitude, reactions and behavior accordingly.

Mellifluus03 December 16th, 2020

I, Mellifluus_03, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Mellifluus_03//
Date: 16/12/2020

GoldenStrawberry7100 December 16th, 2020

I , Straw, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Straw

Date: 12/16/2020

Smokescrunch December 17th, 2020

I promise to pledge the oath by 7 cups

Sensitivebanana4920 December 18th, 2020

I am a member and I agree to adhere to all of the goals and values of 7 cups!

Nessa22 December 19th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to adhere to the guidelines set by 7cups.

xXxSunFlowerxXxSunixXx December 21st, 2020

I, Sunflower orga, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Sunflower orga//

Date: 21/12/20

DaisyDiva1 December 21st, 2020

I follow the Golden Rule of treating others the way that I want to be treated. I will do my best to be a good listener to those that want/need to be heard.

miraculousPeace5466 December 21st, 2020

I, miraculousPeace5466, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed by //miraculousPeace5466// on 12/21/20

NicoNightingale December 21st, 2020

I, Nico Nightingale, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Nico Nightingale
Date: 21/12/2020

11820Read December 29th, 2020

I, 11820Read, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //11820Read//
Date: 29/12/2020