Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Skunkrol January 10th, 2020

@LauraI,

I, Skunkrol, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

I will also bring all da cookies :P

Skunkrol January 10th, 2020

@Skunkrol

10/1/2020

Mucc January 10th, 2020

I, mucc, pledge a moral oath that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and help in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Mucc//
Date: 10/1/2020

GADgal January 10th, 2020

Taken oath!!

timetravelingJedi January 10th, 2020

I, timetravelingJedi, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understand the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences with them to grow as a community together.

Signed: //timetravelingJedi//

electra76 January 10th, 2020

I, electra76, pledge before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

toxxic2317 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

sunnyPark732 January 10th, 2020

@Laura Read always did and will in the future as well yes

Swrapphire January 10th, 2020

@Laura

hey

Lauren63 January 10th, 2020

I, lauren63, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses,that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion,patience,open-mindedness,and being nonjudgmental.

I stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

i understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns during my stay in the community.

Iwill follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Lauren63//

Date: 1/10/2020

SleepyHeart1 January 10th, 2020

I,SleepyHeart1, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

forcefulComputer4144 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I take the oath to be supportive, open and available. I believe that people need these connections and I want to be part of the positive things this site can do.

yellowTurtle9445 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

yellowTurtle9445 January 10th, 2020

@Laura I take the oath to comply. Thank you

anonyField2224 January 10th, 2020

I, AnonyField224, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //DeclanQ//

selfconfidentMelon5824 January 10th, 2020

I hereby take the & Cups Pledge to be kind and respectful to all members and listeneres.

I will be polite, thought ful and open. I will not be judgemental but just talk and listen . I will follow the rules of 7 Cups .

starr67 January 10th, 2020

I, _Sierra D_, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Sierra D
Date: 01/10/20

selfconfidentMelon5824 January 10th, 2020

I plede to support the 7 cups community. I will always be respectful and patient and uphold the values of the community. I will do my best too help and to support every other member I talk to.

I understand we all are here to support each other and I will do this by listening carefully, being kind and by being non-judgemental and open.

I will follow all the chat room rules and will not tolerate ttowelling or bullying.

I hereby take this oath,

Swan

WithinMyself January 10th, 2020

I, Franklin Rossi, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //FranklinRossi//

12345678aabbccc January 10th, 2020

Does removing the bookmark, remove the updates, for when Everytime someone replies? I hope so! Lol! Thank you all! :-)

Lifer January 10th, 2020

I, @Lifer, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. (though I'm not always too sure where to find the proper channels)

Signed: @Lifer
Date: 01/10/2020

latchico January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, Latchico, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //John M. (Latchico) //
Date: 1/10/2019

greenOrange2403 January 10th, 2020

I, greenOrange2403, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: greenOrange2403

desireee12 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, _____________directsunlight______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

misskendra January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, ___Kendra________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed : //misskendra//

Date: 11/1/2020

Kiwi16 January 10th, 2020

@Laura I take this oath because I agree with it :)

avonleydream January 10th, 2020

I, avonleydream, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

Signed: //avonleydream//

Prpllily1982 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, Andi B, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AndiB
Date: 1/10/20

FrankMoody January 10th, 2020

Taking my outh to make everyone feel safe and solid

Clytemenestra January 10th, 2020

I, __________clytemenestra_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Clytemnestra

10-01-2020

@Laura

Paulabow January 10th, 2020

I agree to these terms :)

RoxieGail77 January 10th, 2020

@Laura i agree

RoxieGail77 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

i take this oath

Vams33 January 10th, 2020

I, VAMS, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed VAMS

Misssmilingangel January 10th, 2020

smileyI, smiling pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

@laura

enthusiasticCat9907 January 10th, 2020

I do.

tallWatermelon5287 January 10th, 2020

I, tallWatermelon5287, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

Signed: tallWatermelon5287

EvilRegalsReadToo January 10th, 2020

I, EvilRegalReadToo, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: EvilRegalReadToo
Date: 10/01/2020

katylist January 10th, 2020

@Laura

This makes me feel very uncomfortable. Not because I have any issue adhering to guidelines, but because I don't want to be on blast to a bazillion people on here. But since you're forcing it in order to be active on a group thread, I'll take your oath. :/ I think you should delete this entire feed and let us take a quiz related to the rules/guidelines that we don't have to share with everyone.

January 10th, 2020

I, troy110, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //troy110//
Date: 11/01/2020