Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Workingonabetterme23 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to adhere to the guidelines set by 7cups.

Workingonabetterme23 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to adhere to the guidelines set by 7cups.

Screwedglitch January 10th, 2020

I make the oath

SkyForgedLex January 10th, 2020

I will abide by the 7Cups guidelines.

avianger January 10th, 2020

I take the oath to adhere to all rules and show compassion and respect to all members (and listeners)

avianger

1/10/2020

goodkite200 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

FuzzyWuzzyBear January 10th, 2020

I take my oath and will respect and follow all the rules, and respect all members and listeners

Lussier January 7th, 2021

I take the oath.

@Laura

I with my mind and soul adhere to the rules , guidelines of 7 cups to make this place more convenient and assessable for all of the members as a part of one family.

Hagane January 10th, 2020

I'm just here to talk to people

neonPark3897 January 10th, 2020

@Laura I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

faithfulFan4617 January 10th, 2020

i take the oath

I adhere with mind and body to involve all my fellow members of 7 cups and include new members and being more compassionate and convenient towards them to make this family from unknown to known people as a part of 7cups culture.

//@Goodkite800//

01/10/2020

@LauraI hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

@Laura I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

BeerReviewed January 10th, 2020

i take the oath

iamweird905 January 10th, 2020

ill try @Laura

dynamicStrings5060 January 10th, 2020

@Laura i take the oath

yummyaloe27 January 10th, 2020

@Laura I take an oath to adhere to all community guidelines, and particularly try to uphold support for other members as best i can without ever being disrespectful or intrusive.

Seachele January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to show kindness and support to everyone.

@Seachele

1/09/2020

January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I take this member oath to uphold the community values of compassion, understanding and respect.

Loganhowlett123 January 10th, 2020

@Laura I take an oath to adhere to all the seven cups goals and values.

Ivanov January 10th, 2020

@Laura I take an oath to welcome all the people in need of help as long as they dontdo harm to others and i welcome them with open arms, after 7cups has been my home for 5 years and i hope i dont disappoint anyone. I hope i can make someone smile even if they are feeling upset, a smile can save a life in many ways and many times. i know it saved my life talking to these wonderful and lovely people they made me proud of myself despite the stigma of mental health struggles i faced in my enitre life. And i hope if you need help i can talk to to you guys as well eventhough im not a listener i can at least be there for you guys. It is m and every other users responsibility to realize that people come here for help and support and our lack of responsibility can worsen their morale and make their less likely to reach out for help which we all deserve.

xAcidxx January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to always give respect to others in the chats and help whenever I can

JovialPanda January 10th, 2020

I pledge to follow rules to the best of my ability

dh14 January 10th, 2020

I pledge to follow every guideline, treat every member with compassion and empathy, and seek to further my understanding of the great diversity that exists on this lovely website.

psychocutie January 10th, 2020

i solemnly swear i am up to good!

Positron2 January 10th, 2020

I take my oath to obey the rules

Silverwillows8128 January 10th, 2020

@Laura

I take the member oath and promise to adhere to each and every rule

sympatheticCake9351 January 10th, 2020

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Ladylost49 January 10th, 2020

I agree too oath.

Georgie1323 January 10th, 2020

I agree to community guidelines.

pain1997 January 10th, 2020

I agree to community guidelines.

rubyinfushrite January 10th, 2020

My Member Oath:

I, Rubyinfushrite, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. �

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.�

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.�

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.�

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive

relationships which encourage this endeavor.�

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.�

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and group

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.�

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.�

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time�of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.�

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.�

Signed:

Rubyinfushrite

Date: 10/01/2020

Madaraismyspiritanimal January 10th, 2020

I promise to show kindness to all those I interact with

Madaraismyspiritanimal

Date: 01/10/2020

Nikkipuschak January 10th, 2020

Pledged

MistakesWhereMade January 10th, 2020

I promise to pretend that this pointless oath actually matters.

xxxHOWuglyXXX January 10th, 2020

@MistakesWhereMade

That's funny 😂

MistakesWhereMade January 10th, 2020

@xxxHOWuglyXXX I'm just saying what everyone is thinking.

xxxHOWuglyXXX January 10th, 2020

@MistakesWhereMade

I know and that's why it's funny