Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

KevinQ85 April 24th, 2017

I pledge to use the knowledge and support found on SevenCups to help me growth in the healthy lifestyle I've always wanted, and to be an active listener for anyone who needs to be heard.

Derexbrown April 28th, 2017

@KevinQ85

you are so kind

LeoTheLlitteLionCub1 May 5th, 2017

hi i am a member here on 7 cups and i agree to the members plage

as a member i respect all members and listeners and modaraters in all the 7 cups support rooms

Chocoholic247 May 5th, 2017

I promise to strive to be the best I can be for every memeber and Listener I come across.I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with and promise to provide any amount of emotional siupport I can for a memeber in need of it. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and outlines of 7cups and hope to make the world a better place to all, to the best of my ability.

Chocoholic247

VanillaLatte91 May 7th, 2017

I pledge to show compassion, empathy and understanding to all. I pledge to use this platform to help those who seek it and to spread positivity and kindness. I pledge to follow all rules and guidelines to the best of my ability.

AliceInWanderland May 11th, 2017

@Laura I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

reconnect May 11th, 2017

My Member Oath:

I, Syzygy0512, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognise that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed: Syzygy0512

Date: May 11, 2017

May 12th, 2017

I pledge to show compassion, empathy and understanding to all. I pledge to use this platform to help those who seek it and to spread positivity and kindness. I pledge to do my best to follow all rules and guidelines.

-PrincessMidna

cozykitty May 13th, 2017

I pledge to use the knowledge and support found on SevenCups to help me growth in the healthy lifestyle I've always wanted, and to be an active listener for anyone who needs to be heard.

honestBranch5884 May 14th, 2017

Dear Community,

I am going to take baby steps. One step at a time. I pledge to invest in me and get me to an optimum state of mental health.

I will learn from others. I will grow from others. I will give to others. I will pray for others. I will listen to others.

I will accept that mindset and change is a process, a marathon, not a race. I will in a constant to of learning and acknowledging that I learn from my past. I learn from my mistakes and I move forward.

I will encourage others in the process.

I will continue to move my marker to healthy mental health and lifestyle.

I will and will need each of 7 cups community to assist me in my pledge.

Hugs and Growth to all

May 16th, 2017

I realized I never took the member's oath, even though I've been here awhile. Better late than never tho, so I do pledge to continue to stand by it

animator23 May 19th, 2017

I, animator23, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to be the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed: animator23

Date: May 19, 2017

SmileAtWill May 25th, 2017

The pledge:

✋ I promise to act with kindness, respect, and support to everyone on 7 cups, including myself. When I fail, I'll let others help me back onto the path of compassion.

heartsmiley

MsYvette May 28th, 2017

@Laura I do.

xoNicholexo June 4th, 2017

@Laura I hereby pledge to follow all of 7 Cups rules and guidelines to the best of my ability.

I'll be kind, understanding, and supportive to all users I meet.

7 Cups is a big help personally right now to me, so thank you 7 Cups! You're awesoms!

xoNicholexo

June 4th, 2017. - 12:04 a.m

scath3visi0n June 9th, 2017

My Member Oath:

I, scath3visi0n, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed:

scath3visi0n

Date: 6-9-17

euphonic June 12th, 2017

I, Euphonic, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed,

Euphonic

12/06/17

ClarinetPrincess June 17th, 2017

@Laura

I promise to help and support those who need it. I will be kind, helpful, compassionate, and caring. If someone needs me I will be there. I swear this.

Ps. As soon as I turn fifteen in a few days I'm going to become a listener.

Jaidan Ramsey *Clarinet Princess*

aquaBalloon1299 June 17th, 2017

I will be kind.

Zeraphim June 19th, 2017

I take the member oath to adhere to all of the 7cups goals and values, including trying my best to be kind and compassionate to all.

Zeraphim
6/19/2017

BeselfconfidentBike1626 June 19th, 2017

I pledge to uphold the 7 Cups values, guidelines and codes both on this site and in my daily life. I pledge to treat those who speak with me with compassion, kindness and openness. I pledge to treat myself the same and to meet my mental health goals.

happySoul20 June 20th, 2017

I pledge to use the knowledge and support found on 7 Cups to help me growth in the healthy lifestyle I've always wanted, and to be an active listener for anyone who needs to be heard.

~happySoul20

EnigmaForte June 24th, 2017

@Laura I'm not a listener on here yet, but I will be the moment I turn 15. I solemnly swear to abide by all 7cups rules and guidelines, and help people out in any way that I can. I will uphold the all the values that 7cups holds dear, and try to do my very best everyday.

brightLight35 June 25th, 2017

My Member Oath:

I, brightLight35, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed :

brightLight35

Date : 06/25/17

basomkojom June 28th, 2017

I am relatively new here as a listener, but I hereby would like to take my oath:

I will not give up and I will take all the resources to help me learn and grow as a person.

I will treat each member of this community with honor and respect.

I am aware that I'm responsible for the things said and mentioned.

I will accept the requests and understand that every person is going a long and unique journey of his.

I will not violate personal boundaries of a person.

I promise to act with kindness and take self-care if I'll ever feel burnt out.

<3

Signed: basomkojom

Date: 6/28/2017

wonderousMagic11 July 1st, 2017

I will do all I possibly can to give my support as a listener, to follow the rules and regulations here at 7 cups and make people feel better about themselves. I hope to make a difference.

BricksAndMortor August 25th, 2017

I just came across a cat fish pedophile who said he has been here for 2 years on the exact same account they were speaking to me on I looked they created the account yesterday 2017-08-25 when I called them on their lies and acused them of being a pedophile catfish fuck by the way they asked me if they could be my "girlfriend" after I called them on their shit they completely deleted their account I couldn't report them or anything couldn't leave an anonymous review or anything they might've just blocked me so watch the fuck out cunts don't share your personal shit on 7cups there are pedophiles here and they aren't being banned or muted or anything trying to take advantage of emotionally unstable teenagers.

lilsurvivor July 1st, 2017

I swear to be a positive element in this community, even when I feel negative or have negative thoughts.

DiogoFriendly July 3rd, 2017

@Laura I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

Diogo.

fantasticPanda81 July 4th, 2017

i like your confidence @DiogoFriendly

July 4th, 2017

@Laura

I take my oath, and will continue to support and show care to other members.

fantasticPanda81 July 4th, 2017

@laura i take the oath to serve every member here kindly and provide the best suggestions i can to be helpful.

Tir July 6th, 2017

I, Tir, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need, and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

Signed:

Tir

Date: 7-6-2017

Totheskyandbeyond July 12th, 2017

@Tir Nice oath! Very complete I must say. I, totheskyandbeyond, take the same oath as Tir.

CookiesandCrafts July 17th, 2017

@Tir This is a wonderful, complete, wholehearted oath and I'm thankful that people like you exist on 7cups.

Anika13 July 13th, 2017

I swear to have patience and show kindness. I swear to continue expressing my support even when I feel stuck. I swear to keep going when I feel like giving up. I swear to be the best listener that I can be!

Ylina July 14th, 2017

I promise to be supportiveand kind to 7 cup members, and if i cant find a good advice, to make a lame and obvious joke in an attempt to make them smile.

RegFromIreland July 16th, 2017

@Ylina

Well that made me smile! laugh

RegFromIreland July 16th, 2017

I will not judge.

I will not advise.

I will listen.

Even though I don't know you, know that I love you.

RegFromIreland

16 July 2017

daisyflower3 July 21st, 2017

I will do my best to bring positivity to this community.