Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

colorfulVision19 December 30th, 2017

I pledge an oath that I will hold a safe space for others and allow them to speak their truth

aquaLime8278 January 1st, 2018

I pledge to abide.

GlassMoon January 1st, 2018

I pledge to try to help others as I help myself. Here's to 2018.

XxAri27xX January 2nd, 2018

@Laura I hereby pledge to follow all of 7 cups guidelines to the best of my ability, and to additionally be kind, respectful, compassionate and encouraging to anyone I meet.

FearlessQueen7 January 2nd, 2018

I pledge to help more ppl this year

quietBalsam6396 January 3rd, 2018

I pledge an oath to use seven cups regularly.

AMusicalSilence January 3rd, 2018

Ahh better late than never! cheeky

I, AMusicalSilence, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

AMusicalSilence

Date: 03/01/18

MusicCandy January 4th, 2018

I pledge

JesseDonnellan January 5th, 2018

I pledge to help as many people as I can

EnergySensitive January 6th, 2018

I pledge my oath to 7 cups.

ToriMB January 6th, 2018

I, Tori, pledge an oath to be compassionate, considerate, and nonjudgemental towards everyone in the 7 Cups community, and to do what I can to help others.

ToriMB January 6th, 2018

I, Tori, pledge an oath to be compassionate, considerate, and nonjudgemental towards everyone in the 7 Cups community, and to do what I can to help others.

MAT1965 January 7th, 2018

I pledge to do my best to honour the integrity of 7cups and all it stands for and to carry that forth into my world

Balaton January 7th, 2018

I pledge my oath to Seven Cups.

LisaPageLMHC January 8th, 2018

I also pledge my oath to 7 cups to provide the best therapeutic experience for all of my clients, and to respond to each individual as quickly as possible. I also pledge to encourage my fellow therapists and listeners, as well as seek feedback and support when needed.

magicalWind4 January 8th, 2018

I pledge an oath to be compassionate, considerate, and nonjudgemental towards everyone in the 7 Cups community, and to do what I can to help others.

Crystalskies15 January 8th, 2018

I pledge an oath to use seven cups regularly.

secretStrings8121 January 9th, 2018

I pledgge to try

shyCat6891 January 12th, 2018

@Laura

I pledge to abide by the seven cups rules.

//Shycat6891//

Date: 12/01/2018

Chewie January 12th, 2018

I pledge to follow the guidelines of 7 Cups and do my best to use the site regularly, being a positive face to the community.

6Aggy6 January 12th, 2018

I need to buy lemon pledge

IDoNotKnoDeWae January 12th, 2018

I pledge to abide by the rules

Maddz4Christ January 12th, 2018

@Laura

I promise to adhere to all of the 7 Cups guidlines and to go above and beyond for the sake of each person's path and healing.

oakhenge January 12th, 2018

Absolutely! Could this be called "The Be a Decent Person" pledge? laugh

kindfish114 January 12th, 2018

I take this oath online and in real life :)

MissMoodles January 12th, 2018

Laura, I , on oath, do solemnly swear to treat all thoseI chat with , with kindness, care, empathy, love and to treat everyone as an equal, and I will never judge anyone, as we all come with a background.

Miss Moodles

12/01/2018

turquoiseMelon3285 January 12th, 2018

I'm not a listener yet but I do post to the forums and try to support others too. I pledge to be kind and supportive to all 7 Cup members and I encourage others to do the same - you do not always know the positive impact your words and support can have on others.

Signed: //TurquoiseMelon/:

Date: 10/01/18

MusicCandy January 12th, 2018

I promise

Ivywater January 13th, 2018

@Laura I may not be a listener yet, but as a member of 7 Cups of Tea, I pledge to always follow the community guidelines and to stay true to the 7 Cups Values.

Signed: //Ivywater//

Date: 1/12/18

Rathernotsay1979 January 13th, 2018

I will do the best to my ability, to not let my disability, disable me.

energeticFarm4649 January 13th, 2018

I take an oath to adhere to community guidelines and values and to do my best to support a community of connection, compassion, love and support.

Mamabear9457 January 13th, 2018

@laura I promise to adhere to all 7-cups rules I also promise to be kind and compassionate as well as understanding to all here.

BlueSkyDay1911 January 13th, 2018

I promise to respect other

skyeema January 13th, 2018

I swear to always try my best to help and to stay on the right path, and never give up

Sign: skyeema

Date: 01/13/2018

reservedPlane4571 January 13th, 2018

I

Southernskyes January 13th, 2018

@laura I agree to the member oath.. thank you for having this chat page

patientVase6936 January 13th, 2018

I pledge an oath to use seven cups.

GingerSunshyne January 13th, 2018

I pleadge to do my best to adhere and uphold the spirit of the rules and regulations of 7 Cups. I will do my best to aways be encouraging to others and helpful in any way I can be. I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself.

GingerSunshyne

friendlyChestnut4964 January 13th, 2018

@Laura I promise to be kind and compassionate in all my interactions within the 7 Cups community. I will do my best to uphold the 7 Cups values and follow the guidelines.

@friendlyChestnut4964
01/13/2018

Greywolfm8 January 14th, 2018

As a Member of 7 cups I pledge to give the best feedback to others as if I were a child in need of help. It is of great pleasure to do such a good deed of helping others overcome their situations. I'm glad to be a part of the team who's making it come to life! ♥