Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Bobthedolphin January 9th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to always treat others with kindness and compassion, and to lend a hand to those who need help. I pledge to also treat myself with kindness and focus on what I need in order to live better and be a better person. I pledge to follow the comments guidelines and accept everyone. I pledge to be a good member of 7 cups.

ElectrolytesSmell January 9th, 2020

I, Electrolyte, do hereby solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the orders of Glen Charles Moriarty, first of his name, Creator of the site, Locker of rooms, Head of the cult and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the right of powertripping mods and site admins.

I hereby pronounce myself as a soldier and a property of this glorious cult, for now and forever

AM2Wondering January 9th, 2020

I swear to do my best to follow the community guidelines and do what is right and good in my time here.

-Am2wandering

CheerySandi January 9th, 2020

@Laura I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes.

Klemen

Lmarie1217 January 9th, 2020

@Laura I pledge to adhere to the 7 cups guidelines and show compassion and support to everyone I encounter here like those that have done the same for me.

signed: //Lmarie1217

Date: 1/9/2020

Blackbird222 January 9th, 2020

@Laura. I agree to 7 cups community guidelines and commit to interacting in ways that reflect the guidelines and the values of 7 cups.

Black bird

01/09/2020

Kibs January 9th, 2020

@Laura. I take this Member Oath to act and interact in line with the community guidelines and the values of 7 cups.

Kibs

09/01/2020

66666Emerald January 9th, 2020

@laura yes

NervousSystem January 9th, 2020

@Laura I take the oath

NervousSystem

01/09/20

courageousSugar4849 January 9th, 2020

I take the Member Oath in accordance with the values of 7 Cups.

signed

@corageousSugar4849

lonelykitten24 January 9th, 2020

I take the Menber oath

I plege to follow the community guidelines and stay kind and friendly to the people I interact with. I pledge to keep my faith and hope no matter what happens in my future, because I now one day it will be better.

Lonelykitten24

(1- 9- 20)

Cambion January 9th, 2020

@Laura I will be The best member as i can

Signed: Cambion
Date: 11/9/2014

Reaper111975 January 9th, 2020

I solemnly how to a adhere to all guidelines set forth by the 7 cups community and treat all members with dignity and respect. I shall do my best to help others in any way I am able offering any knowledge and advise I may have to help them achieve their goals.

Signed//reaper1975//

Vershteam1 January 9th, 2020

@Laura

Thank you,

Signed: //Vershteam1//

01/09/2020

tealSugar7262 January 9th, 2020

Two days ago, members and listeners were notified of an announcement about how to join group support rooms explaining that the vision of the change was to ensure more members could join the rooms.

We were told to ensure to follow the chat rooms guidelines, otherwise our access to the rooms would be revoked.

The changes would go live soon for a trial phase and we would be reached out to seek our feedback and thoughts after two weeks of trial.

Then, through this link: https://www.7cups.com/forum/GroupSupport_168/ObsDesk_2008/AnnouncementNewCriteriatojoingroupsupportroomsgoinglive_215525 we were notified that the changes of the new criteria to join group support rooms would be launched on January 9, 2020 at 3 pm ET.

Thats why I promise to make use of critical thinking in relation to the community guidelines and values while being in 7 cups. I only take this oath to be able to remain in the group chat.

Signed: //tealSugar7262//
Date: 01/09/2020

kitkat349 January 9th, 2020

i take the pledge and promise to be supprotive of my fellow members

1/9/2020

crimsonLime6525 January 9th, 2020

I pledge to follow guidelines

Goldcherry2113 January 9th, 2020

You have my word

azureSummer1142 January 9th, 2020

I pledge to follow the 7 cups guidelines and to be kind in the community :)

//AzureSummer1142//

09/01/2020

brittsnowuh24 January 9th, 2020

I, @brittsnowuh24 pledge to take this oath. Cool beans.

Lychee31 January 9th, 2020

I promise to show kindness and support to all those I interact with here.

Signed: Lychee31, 01/09/2020

RevanentOfTriquetra January 9th, 2020

we vow to help those in need and to help ourselves, to hopefully give others a better understanding and to preferibly help people to be as understanding as nice as can be. this place is way better than most but it could still use some work

DJJAVIPRODUCTIONS January 9th, 2020

I promise to show kindness and compassion. I will be respectful and show support to others and I hope I will be able to help other people. I also promise to abide by the rules of 7 cups.

Signed: DJJAVIPRODUCTIONS

Date: 1-9-2020

empatheticStrings3599 January 9th, 2020

I promise to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Donjim January 9th, 2020

@Laura I promise to take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired rules

kayos3 January 9th, 2020

we promise to show kindness, and try to help, in whatever ways we can, to anybody we encounter here. this website has had its ups and downs, but ultimately it's the people here, helping each other, that keep it together.

Chaos2

08/01/20

Frostyseal5667 January 9th, 2020

@Laura I hereby pledge to always stick to the guidelines and boundaries set by the moderators on 7cups. I will additionally always try my utmost to be wise, kind, and insightful in all my conversations on 7cups. And to try and bring more joy to others and be at peace with myself. @Laura

Persephone329 January 9th, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Persephone329

1/9/2020

PrinceLoki January 9th, 2020

@Laura i pledge that i will uphold the values of 7 cups and follow the rules

cassieeeeeeeeeee January 9th, 2020

@LauraI swear that I will be Excepting To all members and loving to everybody who comes on the site and helpful

disandat777 January 9th, 2020

@Laura yo to the oath

brightHickory7725 January 9th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to always follow the rules of the member oath.

SageVera January 9th, 2020

@Laura
I hereby pledge to follow all of 7cups guidelines to the best of my ability, and to additionally be kind, respectful, compassionate, and encouraging to anyone i meet!

Signed SageVera

GoodTrouble19 January 9th, 2020

@Laura I take the pledge

s12 January 9th, 2020

My Member Oath:

I, s12, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

s12

Date: 1-9-2020

AzaniaZuri January 9th, 2020

@Laura I promise to show kindness and support to all those i

interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

ethnicel January 9th, 2020

@Laura

I hereby swear on this oath and I'll adhere to all the terms and conditions and respect all my fellow buddyboyos.

Signed: Ethnicel
Date: 09/01/2020

azurejaguaress January 9th, 2020

i take the 7cups member oath to try to uphold and adhere to the requirements of 7cups

Someone221 January 9th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to give positive responses to those I listen to. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can help, I will help. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make the world a better place to all the best of my ability.

//LexiS//

Date: 11/9//2020

Angelshealtranquilityprevails January 9th, 2020

I take an oath to adhere to all the seven cups goals and values as a room supporter.