Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

adventurousBranch3786 January 7th, 2020

@Laura I agree to take the member oath and show kindness and support to others at 7cups.

decepticonstarscream26 January 7th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Signed: @sweetCakes25

Date: 07/01/2020

ExtremelyTroubled January 7th, 2020

I take a member oath

~ExtremelyTroubled~

1/7/2020

Avocado6486 January 7th, 2020

I take the member's oath.

Disneywoman January 7th, 2020

I take the member's oath

AffyAvo January 7th, 2020

I posted here a long time ago already, but trying to get the badge now.

TheResilientDancer January 7th, 2020

I promise to follow all of the guidelines and give respect, compassion and support to every user that I come across. I also promise to not Cups in class.

Signed: KaylaDances

Date: 7th January 2020

LivieQuinn January 7th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to show kindness and support to all those I interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

littlePapaya2167 January 7th, 2020

@Laura I promise to show kindness and empathy towards others on here and to help support others. 1/7/20

TeaHee January 7th, 2020

@Laura

I hereby take the 7 Cups Member Oath.

I agree to repect and follow the 7 Cups community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

By completing this oath, I am promising to show kindness and support to all those I interact with in the 7 Cups community. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Signed: //TeaHee//
Date: 1/7/2020

anekodailypotato January 7th, 2020

I promise to always be kind and compassionate on this site, and to always be respectful to others. I promise to adhere to all the guidelines and maintain the safe environment.

Signed - anekodailypotato

7/1/2020

FairMindedCheese January 7th, 2020

@Laura I would like to take an honest memeber path to be able to connect with others, to share, give and seek support

floraM13 January 7th, 2020

@Laura

I hereby pledge to show respect and compassion to all others and I pledge to follow all the guidelines of 7 cups.

jessie777 January 7th, 2020

I promise to be kind and compassionate on this site, and to be respectful and adhere to all the guidelines and maintain a safe enviroment. Jessie 777

Galacticcoffee January 8th, 2020

I pledge to be supportive and respectful of all people on cups.

SgrAsystem

1/7/2020

MrClutch43 January 8th, 2020

I pledge to be the best I can be. I pledge to be the light in someones life by being there for them with support and respect.

mutter3 January 8th, 2020

Oath taken again to be sure

Mutter3

7 Jan 2020

Wonderfloofie January 8th, 2020

I pledge to adhere to the site rules and be kind and compassionate to everyone in the community!

Signed,

Wonderfloofie (01-08-2020)

KitaroKurayami January 8th, 2020

I promise to be as kind and supportive as i can be. To not bring harm but instead bring peace and joy.

Lina1519 January 8th, 2020

I promise to adhere to the 7cups guidelines and values, honoring everyone and myself with the respect and care that we all deserve.

Signed,

Lina
1/7/2020

Domae January 8th, 2020

@Lina1519

I pledge to give back to the community all which has been given to me, and more. I pledge to do my best, even when my best isn't as good as yesterday's best.

Signed: domaex (1/7/20)

GettingUp January 8th, 2020

I pledge myself to always be helpful, kind and compassionate. I'll follow the guidelines and I'll help this community grow.

Signed: GettingUp

Date: 8th of January, 2020

energeticCircle9867 January 8th, 2020

@Laura

I take the oath

helloCup1819 January 8th, 2020

@Laura

I promise to give positive responses to those I listen to. I promise to maintain respect for every individual I come in contact with as a member of 7 Cups. I promise to give insight and thoughtfulness. I promise, where I can help, I will help. As in these promises, I take the oath to be a member adhereing to all rules, regulations and moral support that is required. I will help make the world a better place to all the best of my ability.

infinitas January 8th, 2020

I do take the oath, will adhere to the 7cups community guidelines, values and will stay supportive! Thank you.

fairmindedRaspberries1389 January 8th, 2020

I promise to stick to guidlines. I promise to show compassion and positivity to everyone in the 7 cups community.

Signed- Rasperry

1/8/20

CrematesNewborn January 8th, 2020

Jesus... I can't make a promise. It's too much. Lol.

sympatheticPeach9041 January 8th, 2020

@Laura I pledge my oath to be compassionate and supportive to the members of this community. I may not be a listener yet, but I'll do what I can to help make this a place where we all can feel safe and accepted.

adventurousBunny3121 January 8th, 2020

@Laura

I take an oath to always give back what I recieve from this amazing community. Thank you for letting me be a part of it

TreaureSeekers3 January 8th, 2020

I'm here to obey to the 7 cups site and the oath

modestOcean1286 January 8th, 2020

@Laura

As a member here on 7cups I hereby agree to take the oath and adhere to all 7cups goals and values. I agree to be kind and compassionate and create a safe, confidential environment for all. I will remain responsible and respectful and will not spread rumors about others.

Signed: //modestocean1286//

Date: 1/8/20

decisiveDrum5084 January 8th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to always be supportive and kind on 7cups no matter what. I am here as a friend without judment, and someone who anyone can talk to. I pledge to always give respect and give as much love as I can. I pledge to be the best member I can, and eventually, the best listener I can be as well.

Signed,

Decisive Drum, 1-8-2020

AlphaPheonix4720 January 8th, 2020

@Laura I vow, as a member, to follow the 7 cups principles and to always help someone in need.

reliableMoon26 January 8th, 2020

I take the member oath and promise to adhere to all the values of 7 cups and support others to the best of my ability

helloitismeee January 8th, 2020

@Laura i will be a helpful happy member :D x

helloitismeee January 9th, 2020

I pledge to be a fun and welcome member! I love people and talking about life

CarefulPlum56 January 9th, 2020

I solemnly hereby pledge to remain positive, kind and compassionate to any other member, listener, commod or anyone on the forum. I'll try my best to help and sulport others in group support chats and never let anyone hurt because of me.

DangerMaus January 9th, 2020

I take the Member Oath in accordance with the values of 7 Cups.

FairMindedCheese January 9th, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that i will fulfill to the best of my ablilty this covenant and undertaking

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with

I will work towards bettering my health everytime I log on

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners

I will take ownership of my mental health and fourth coming to build supportive relationships which encoutage this endeavor

I will respect thw time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 cups of tea everyday

I will use the resources provided to help me to continue to learn and grow

I will believe in myself and understand that everyones personal journey is unique

I will take every interaction I have on 7 cups of tea as an opportunity to grow and learn

I will honour the challenges presented to me in my life believing in my soul that no matter how challenging I can over come

I lean on the commuitny in my time of need and will let others lean on me in their time of need

I recognize that my behaviour is a reflection of me, I take ownership of my action and will be thoughtful in all my interactions

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that i am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 cup of tea community

Flowingstreams January 9th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to do my part in keeping 7cups a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, understanding, presence, love and support. And to always do my best and to stay mindful of my actions and words and behavior. I agree to uphold the community guidelines and to follow the values of 7cups.

I hereby take the 7 Cup member oath this 8th day of January 2020. I promise to show respect, kindness, to all I interact with here whether in forums, with listeners in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Signed: //flowingstreams//

date: jan 8, 2020