Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

greenNectarine3734 February 17th, 2019

@Laura

i agree

prismatics February 18th, 2019

i pledge to follow the 7cups rules and guidelines, and to show kindness and compassion to everyone i interact with on 7cups!

Prisma

2/17/2019

Texasgirl83 March 23rd, 2019

I promise to treat everyone with respect, kindness and be supportive. heart

PurpleSnail April 8th, 2019

@Laura

I hereby pledge to always follow the community guidelines and act in a postive, kind, and helpful manner.

evrikka April 11th, 2019

I promise))

MangoTango155 April 15th, 2019

I will do my absolute best to respect this community and its guidelines.

amusingHuman6028 April 16th, 2019

I pledge an oath to use 7 cup s regularly. I will be kind to others.

Earthy55 April 16th, 2019

I take the 7 cups oath and promise to treat everyone here with positivity and support. I will help as much as I can and I care for everyone I talk to.

parisbts April 16th, 2019

@Laura

I, parisliangbts,�pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community�witness�that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. �

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.�

I will work towards�bettering my health every time I log on.�

I will show respect and never�violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.�

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.�

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.�

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.�

I will�believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.�

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.�

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.�

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.�

Signed:

parisliangbts

parissaiko April 22nd, 2019

@Laura

I,�parisaegyo,�pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community�witness�that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. �

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.�

I will work towards�bettering my health every time I log on.�

I will show respect and never�violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.�

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.�

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.�

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.�

I will�believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.�

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.�

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.�

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.�

Signed:

Parisaegyo

ItsReganingRain April 25th, 2019

I pledge to take care of myself and others and to help create a kind atmosphere on the website.

Signed: ItsReganingRain

Date: 26/04/2019

GrayscaleReverie April 27th, 2019

I pledge to do the best I can in helping everyone– including myself.

- Gray

04/27/19

May 3rd, 2019

@Laura

I am fully committed to show kindness, compassion and offert support as best as I can to all those I will interact with here.

//@admaiorasemper//

05/03/2019

Mackenzie822 May 3rd, 2019

@Laura I hereby agree to the rules and guidelines and pledge the member oath. My actions will add to the community and my interactions with others will be pleasant and kind.

Simplykkjj May 5th, 2019

@Laura I hereby pledge to this member oath to follow all of 7 Cups rules, be kind to everyone I encounter, and be helpful in any sub-communities I choose to join.

Signed: Simplykkjj

Date: 05/04/2019

exuberantMaple397 June 15th, 2019

@Laura

I pledge to be helpful to everyone I meet on 7 Cups and to adhere to the community guidelines.

Signed: exuberantMaple397

Date: 14 June 2019

PianoLover28 July 21st, 2019

@Laura I pledge to show kindness and support to all those I interact with on 7cups.

bluebutton24 July 24th, 2019

I pledge an oath to help as many members here on 7 Cups as I can

amusingLunch2500 February 6th, 2020

@PianoLover28 yes

jarv09 July 21st, 2019

I pledge to do mybest to help other.

GeriK July 22nd, 2019

I promise to follow 7 Cups values and goals and treat everyone with the respect and dignity that we all deserve.

GeriK

7/21/19

integrityblues July 24th, 2019

@Laura

I'll take an oath to be kind. It never hurts to be polite and respectful of others.

MIOshi August 8th, 2019

@Laura

I promise to treat everyone with respect and care and without judgemen.

MIOshi

8/8/2019

DestinedStar August 14th, 2019

I pledge to be helpful, honest and kind to everyone i meet on 7cups

SpursFan72 August 21st, 2019

I pledge this member oath, to follow the 7Cups guidelines and values, to be kind and polite both on the site and off, and to help any member in any way i am able

Signed: SpursFan72

Date: 21/08/19

PainedAndConfused August 21st, 2019

I pledge to follow the roles, be kind to everyone and help others as well as myself on the site yes

Signed: PainedAndConfused

Date: 21/08/19

limeLunch4947 August 22nd, 2019

An oath means nothing at all unless you feel the meaning deep inside you...othewise is just "procedure", hipocrisy...you don't need an oath to be a true good person...

Sunflowerlove31 August 22nd, 2019

I pledge to be the best person that I can be and help others by showing empathy, compassion, and understand others. ❤️

August 22nd, 2019

@Laura

I pledge my time and compassion to show support for members here on 7 Cups. I commit to being kind and adhere to the community guidelines.

secretBirch261 August 27th, 2019

I promise to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here :p

27/08/19

Birch

adventurousBranch3786 August 29th, 2019

@Laura I take the oath to to be a member adhering to all rules,regulations,and moral support that is required,

Ashoulder2leanon September 2nd, 2019

I pledge to put in my best to care and support members of 7cups.

AddictedTealover98 September 6th, 2019

I pledge to adherd to all the rules and guidelines of 7cups. And also show compassion and dedication within my ability to all who seek help from me and other listeners.

Signed /AddictedTeaLover98/Aria

Date: 07/09/19

adaptiveFern3251 September 16th, 2019

@Laura I hereby promise to show kindness and support to all those I interact with here whether it could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms. I also hereby promise to help as many people as I can by being there for them just by listening to them.

Signed: adaptiveFern

Date: 9/17/2019

AprylFools September 20th, 2019

I hereby pledge to do my utmost best in using all I have learnt in Psychology and Person-Centered Therapy to help others reach a state of acceptance and happiness.

Signed: AprylFools.

98seb September 27th, 2019

I hereby pledge as a member of this community to adhere to its guidelines and above all be compassionate and understanding to other members and listeners, as to create a safe space to everyone in need.

iGhosted September 30th, 2019

I hope I can help others feel there is somebody here to listen to them, even if I cannot help every single person I come accross, I promise to try! <3

KrystalLeeisme October 1st, 2019

I pledge to keep pushing forward no matter how hard the struggle.

feelitinyourbones October 1st, 2019

I pledge not to make hypocritical pledges...

Annieliese October 7th, 2019

I, Annieliese, pledge to obey and uphold all the clauses in this oath,

signed

Annielies