Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

EpicListener321 February 11th, 2020

@Laura I will do my best as a listener and a member I just hope to make everyone feel better! :)

EpicListener321 February 11th, 2020

I just hope to make people feel better and that they can talk to me. I will do my best as a listener and a member.

helloClementine1018 February 11th, 2020

I oath to be a good member

catherrr February 11th, 2020

@Laura signed

willingApricot2972 February 11th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //KinzaS//
Date: 10/2/2020

krishnachaugule February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Krishna Chaugule, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

RiverRedd February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Redd, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Redd//
Date: 2/11/2020

KemADoodle February 11th, 2020

I ,Kem, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: KemADodle // Kem
Date: 2/10/20

achildwithstruggles February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, achildwithstruggles, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

//achildwithstruggles//

aecaputo2004 February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, ________Amy__________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //aecaputo2004//

0starbaby0 February 11th, 2020

I, Starbaby, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Starbaby

2-10-20

Uselessswheel February 11th, 2020

@Laura this is dumb

BraveMaple9355 February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, ____BraveMaple9355_______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BraveMaple9355//
Date: 02/10/2020

resourcefulPal119 February 11th, 2020

I, Taliesen Wendt, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed Taliesen

SIB29 February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I take the oath to be as helpful and respectful as I possibly can on 7 cups and adhere to every 7 cups policy and code.

SiennasConfused February 11th, 2020

@Laura I Daniel pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone. Signed: DannyTheManny Date: 2/11/2020

Legendaryball727 February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Keith, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Keith
Date: 2/10/20

hopelessyouth February 11th, 2020

i pledge

elytryka February 11th, 2020

I, Elytryka, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Elytryka
Date: 2/11/2020

kindBranch2315 February 11th, 2020

I, KindBranch2315, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: KindBranch2315
Date: 2/10/2020

Bicycle31 February 11th, 2020

I, bicycle31, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //bestwatermelon//
Date: 11/9/2014

ananyajackson February 11th, 2020

@Laura I pledge my full support to the 7 cups community and to make myself available for those in need

PurpleCabbage February 11th, 2020

I, purple cabbage, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

SuperAC February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Aidan, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //SuperAC//
Date: 11/2/2020

QueenDaffodil February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I Queendaffodil, pledge to follow all the rules that keeps this community safe and welcoming to all those seeking a space. I pledge to engage with members the respect and kindness that I myself am seeking 😁💙

enthusiasticHouse7636 February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, enthusiastichouse , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

kofukus February 11th, 2020

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

Kofukus

ShyArtist February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Shy Artist, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Webber235 February 11th, 2020

​​​​​​I, A.Webber , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

unknown2147 February 11th, 2020

@Laura @unknown2147

asmith61 February 11th, 2020

@Laura I will abide by the rules

nicePineapple9180 February 11th, 2020

I, Nicepineapple9180, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //NicePineapple9180//

lostinthepast00 February 11th, 2020

@Laura

I, Reem, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //lostinthepast00//
Date: 11/02/2020

scarletLunch2557 February 11th, 2020

_Scarlette Daisy_, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ScarletteD//

scarletLunch2557 February 11th, 2020

Oops I'm lunch xD

Pandoraa1104 February 11th, 2020

I, Pandoraa1104, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Pandoraa1104//

friendlyMaple3103 February 11th, 2020

I, Bouchra, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //friendlyMaple3103//
Date: 02/11/2020

BassetDoll February 11th, 2020

I, Amy Haynes, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AmyH//
Date: 11/02/2020

February 11th, 2020

@Laura

powerfulOwl9667 February 11th, 2020

I, Eva, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.