Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

paininpills February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, ______Rosie Pelissero_____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

RainyUnicorn February 10th, 2020

I, RainyUnicorn, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: RainyUnicorn
Date: February 10 2020

selfdisciplinedAcres7495 February 10th, 2020

i take the oath

thulaniAM February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I Thulani pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

striderdave February 10th, 2020

I, striderdave, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: striderdave
Date: 10/02/2020

Leon1990 February 10th, 2020

I,Leon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Leon1990

confusingmaybe February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, K, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and be non-judgmental.

I will use proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

Signed// confusingmaybe, K.

date: 2/10/2020

SilverWolf172 February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, Justin personally certify that i dont really care.

artisticspirit February 10th, 2020

With this vow, I, Sarah, pledge to uphold the values of 7 cups, honor the guidelines and treat every member of this community with kindness and respect.

I vow to be considerate and understanding, supportive rather than critical and open to the unknown.

I vow to help others if I can and to be mindful, to not harm anyone, no matter the circumstances.

This I swear and this I will do.

Ethann25 February 10th, 2020

I, Ethan, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Ethan
Date: 2/10/2020

lightBirch4745 February 10th, 2020

I, lightBirch, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: lightBirch
Date: 10 Feb 2020

glennnn February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, glennnn, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //glennnn//

ShadesOfGrace February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, _ShadesOfGrace_, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns faced during my stay in the community.

Signed: ShadesOfGrace
Date: 2/10/20

BrightShine01 February 10th, 2020

I, BrightShine01, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BrightShine01//
Date: 11/9/2014

helloShip6835 February 10th, 2020

@Laura i accept the pledge

Leanna33 February 10th, 2020

@Laura im sorry but i am confused as to what i do

sociableBanana5927 February 10th, 2020

@

I, socialablebanana, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Aries94 February 10th, 2020

I, Aries94, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Aries94

Lalaby February 10th, 2020

I _____LALA______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: LalaB

sullivanfaith04 February 10th, 2020

I, sullivanfaith04 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

MissPen February 10th, 2020

I, MissPen, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: MissPen
Date: 02/10/2020

Dracoddity February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, Dracoddity, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Dracoddity//

leticiamilan February 10th, 2020

I, Letícia Portella Milan, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

person27 February 10th, 2020

I, Person27, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Person27

Date: 02/10/2020

Chocoberries February 10th, 2020

I, Chocoberries, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone and try to supply as much choc to the community as no one had before.

Signed: //Chocoberries/

logankind7916 February 10th, 2020

I, Logan, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 Cups.

Maria88meladxo February 10th, 2020

@Laura

fiercegrace777 February 10th, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: fiercegrace777

BeeBee1992 February 10th, 2020

I will be the best member I can possibly be.

NoSpin February 10th, 2020

@Laura

Oath accepted.

sensibleLime9508 February 10th, 2020

I, sensibleLime, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed,

sensibleLime

2/10/20

sensibleLime9508 February 10th, 2020

@sensibleLime9508

signed, //sensibleLime9508//

Sylwind February 10th, 2020

I kickingmonster, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, kickingmonster

KeiAllen February 10th, 2020

@Laura

I, ________KeiAllen___________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

ZodiacLeo2753 February 10th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: ZodiacLeo2753

qinglong February 10th, 2020

I, @qinglong, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

DestinyMikey February 10th, 2020

I, DestinyMikey, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //DestinyMikey//
Date: 10/2/2020

moonlitgarden February 10th, 2020

heya i pledge the oath to the community

Carcharodon93 February 10th, 2020

I, Carcharodon93, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Carcharodon93

bea200 February 10th, 2020

@Laura i did it!