Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Personthatisonearth February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, Apersonthatisonearth, pledge to be non-judgmental to members and listeners alike. We all deserve someone and the support and I promise not to break the good support of 7 cups. I pledge to not disregard other people's problems and to be kind.

Signed//Apersonthatisonearth //

Metta1998 February 8th, 2020

I,Metta______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: Metta
Date: 2/8/2020

riceandbeans February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, Amelia, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //riceandbeans//

Rubylita February 8th, 2020

How long until our oath is received?

xNightDemon February 8th, 2020

I, xNightDemon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //xNightDemon//
Date: 8/2/2020

Abigail7772 February 8th, 2020

I abi, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Sincerely, abu

BlissfulSpitfire February 8th, 2020

^.^

kindMango5252 February 8th, 2020

@Laura took the oath

kindnessngrace February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, @gracehh2021 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //GraceH//

P4Panther February 8th, 2020

I, Liam, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Sage2000 February 8th, 2020

I, Sage2000, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Sage2000//

I know I copied and pasted but I've read through it multiple times and am so happy to be here :)

AnomalousTeen February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, AnomalousTeen, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

valleyrabbit123 February 8th, 2020

I, valleyrabbit, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understand the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 cups.I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and be nonjudgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.
I understand is a community we are here to provide and seek support.
I will use the proper channels to express any concerns Im facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.
I will take ownership of my behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation is my choice.
I will follow the community guidelines and support others in building a community better for everyone.

Lemon7638 February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, ________lemon___________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: lemon

WistfulDaisy3157 February 8th, 2020

I, Ella, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I pledge to be respectfula nd to be kins and loving.

//Ella//

honestApricot313 February 8th, 2020

I, Michael, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: honestApricot313

TheAngloSlav February 8th, 2020

I promise to follow all of the guidelines and give respect, compassion and support to every user that I come across. I will be cordial and kind, even if I don't agree with what they're saying

Signed: TheAngloslav 2020

Contessa613 February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, Contessa, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Contessa//
Date: 02/9/2020

bryanj212 February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, Bryan Jensen, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

redBeechwood5422 February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I, Red , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Paigeistrash2 February 8th, 2020

I take the members oath

hamster1997 February 8th, 2020

I, hamster1997 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //hamster1997//

sjkdaksjdfzk February 8th, 2020

I, sjkdaksjdfzk, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //sjkdaksjdfzk//
Date: 02/08/2020

goldenBookworm February 8th, 2020

I pledge i might not be a listener yet but I pledge

goldenBookworm February 8th, 2020

I pledge i might not be a listener yet but I pledge

DestineeValencia February 8th, 2020

@Laura

I am not a listener. But I do pledge to the oath and swear to honor it. -Dest 2/8/20

brokenwings777 February 9th, 2020

I, Elie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

CXavier February 9th, 2020

I, Carl Xavier, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //CXavier//
Date: 09/02/2020

@Laura

Obito February 9th, 2020

I, Obito, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Obito
Date: 02/09/2020

houseofsticks February 9th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //houseofsticks//

lds39346 February 9th, 2020

@Laura

taking the oath to help those in the community and hope to receive in return.

Rosemebe February 9th, 2020

I take the members oath to be kind and supportive to everyone here.

mollymoxi2017 February 9th, 2020

@Laura

I, Molly Martins, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Molly//

HappyIsa291125 February 9th, 2020

I, Lili, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: HappyLili291125

2020/02/08

IvyEnd February 9th, 2020

I, IvyEnd, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //IvyEnd//

itsyapartychick February 9th, 2020

@Laura

bfh613 February 9th, 2020

@Laura

I, BFH613, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Dreamer3240 February 9th, 2020

I, Dreamer pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed Dreamer

thestolenuwu February 9th, 2020

I, Maggie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non judgemental.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversation.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community better.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in this community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: Maggie (thestolenuwu)

Date: 8 February 2020

deunara22 February 9th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge as @deunara22 to follow these community guidelines.