Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

freyagreyson124 February 7th, 2020

I, Freya Greyson, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //FreyaGreyson//
Date: 07/02/2020

nameless17 February 7th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: nameless
Date: 2/7/2020

Aquaburn February 7th, 2020

AppleCrumbled February 7th, 2020

Gratitude612 February 7th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge to be compassionate, kind, and thoughtful. I will be ery sensitive and also adhere to the rules of the community.

Signed, Anita. 2020

rowanspeaks February 7th, 2020

I, Rowan, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: //rowanspeaks//

DGP97 February 7th, 2020

I, DPG, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

WildWaffles760 February 7th, 2020

I pledge

Bigsister2 February 7th, 2020

I, bigsister2, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

pinafore454 February 7th, 2020

I, Tina, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: pinafore454

TintedInker February 7th, 2020

I pledge to be open, compassionate, thoughtful and respectful in my interactions with fellow members of 7cups, with the understanding that this is a supportive and loving place, and adhere to the guidelines of the website to ensure that I deliver or share positive and mutually inclusive experiences with my fellow members.

TintedInker

07/02/20

(7th Feb, 2020)

Applemint09 February 7th, 2020

I, applemint , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: H

Purplypurple February 7th, 2020

@Laura

bluebird0303 February 7th, 2020

I, Catie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, Catie

hardworkingAcai5352 February 7th, 2020

I, hardworkingAcai5352, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

tidyCurrent3585 February 7th, 2020

@Laura

February 7th, 2020

@Laura

I, kindWalker8637, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //kindWalker8637//
Date: 02/07/2020

AlternativelySpeaking February 7th, 2020

I, AlternativelySpeaking, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understand the community guidelines and ensure my compliance with them during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and without judgement.

I will show respect to everyone that I encounter in the community.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns that I develop during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others, sharing my experiences and listening to theirs, as we grow together.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community, and understand that I must be held responsible for how my behaviour affects others.

I will follow the community guidelines and give my support in the effort to better this community for everyone.

Signed: //AlternativelySpeaking//

cameronhansen12 February 7th, 2020

I, camerinhansen12 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //cameron12//
Date: 2-7-20

impartialPlum1632 February 7th, 2020

i take the oath today

mlb2017 February 7th, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

communicativeLemon6405 February 7th, 2020

@Laura

I, CommunicativeLemon6405, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making themmy witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindednesas, and being non-judgmental.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support,

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations,

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community,

CommunicativeLemon6405

proactiveCranberry8864 February 7th, 2020

Not a listener, but I will definitely take this oath.

Signed: proactiveCranberry8864

DragonGirl116 February 7th, 2020

@Laura I agree to adhere to the goals and values

clori February 7th, 2020

I, clori , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

compassionateHouse6971 February 7th, 2020

I, Thomas, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Thomas//

Buggy0418 February 7th, 2020

I, bug0418!, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: bug0418!
Date: 2-7-20

EllieLundra February 7th, 2020

I, Ellie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Ellie. L.
Date: 2/7/2020

persistentKiwi7608 February 7th, 2020

@Lauraokay

Leftovermuffin February 7th, 2020

I, Leftover muffin, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Leftovermuffin//
Date: 02/7/2020

neonFriend7496 February 7th, 2020

@Laura

I, Josh , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Iwhite11 February 7th, 2020

@Laura I take the oath

HumorousSquare February 7th, 2020

I, ________HumorousSquare___________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Offmytrack February 7th, 2020

I, OffMyTrack, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Respectively

OffMyTrack

carefulBike3613 February 7th, 2020

@Laura

I, carefulbike, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: carefulbike
Date: 06/02/2020

londonviews February 7th, 2020

@Laura

signed,

//londonviews//

02/07/20

Crowfeathers28 February 7th, 2020

I, Crowfeathers28, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed,

Crowfeathers28

02/07/20

SManiac February 7th, 2020

@Laura

ottomanfootrest February 8th, 2020

I, Otto, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed: @ottomanfootrest

date: 2/7/20
@Laura

AlmightyJo February 8th, 2020

I, AlmightyJo, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //AlmightyJo//