Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Amibehindthescence February 6th, 2020

I, Ami , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

honestBeach5089 February 6th, 2020

I, Becca, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed:
Date: 02/05/2020

tallTree6055 February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I Akos pledge

before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

lightbutterfly February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I take a moral oath to be compassionate and kind to all those on 7Cups and be a respectful listener. i will offer gentle advice to anyone who would like and everything I say will be filled with love and thought

signed lightbutterfly

Everythingwentwrong February 6th, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Everythingwentwrong

arubunny123 February 6th, 2020

@Laura I pledge

impartialLake1154 February 6th, 2020

I, _______________lisa____, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: lisa

Vacuousness February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, Vacuousness, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Hopefully I will be able to help others and find myself while here as well.

Signed: //vacuousness//

lightMango3108 February 6th, 2020

I, Mya or lightMango3108, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //lightMango3108//

ArkwrightIV February 6th, 2020

I, Arkwright, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Arkwright
Date: 06/02/2020

DisneyHufflepuff4562 February 6th, 2020

I, __Ariel (DisneyMermaid)__, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: // Ariel (DisneyMermaid) //
Date: 02/06/2020

SquaredTaco February 6th, 2020

I, SquaredTaco, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //SquaredTaco//
Date: 2020/02/06

WittleTaco February 6th, 2020

@Laura

Signed: //WittleTaco//
Date: 06/02/2020 (2020-02-06T14:54:00)

sunnysquirrel February 6th, 2020

what is the oath?

esimpson20 February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, Eilidh Simpson , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Eilidh Simpson

pluckyScarf9427 February 6th, 2020

I, pluckyscarf9427 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: pluckyscarf9427
Date: 13th Jan 2020

thousandtears February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, AC, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: AC (thousandtears)
Date: 06/02/20

Ex0dus February 6th, 2020

I, Exodus, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Ex0dus//

VCB28 February 6th, 2020

Signed: VCB28
Date: 02/06/2020

noirr February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, Remmawii Fanai, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I will be thoughtful and passionate in my conversations.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I eill react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: //noirr//

Date: 6/2/2020

GradSchoolFeels February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, ________GradSchoolFeels___________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //GradSchoolFeels//
Date: 2020/02/06

Suzyyyyyy February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, Suzy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Suzy

moodlamp February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, moodlamp, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

signed. moodlamp

PleadingMooses February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, ____Pleading Mooses___, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //PleadingMooses//
Date: 07/02/2020

Dazeddd February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, ____Dazeddd___, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Dazeddd//
Date: 07/02/2020

pallas23athene February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, pallas23athene, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //pallas23athene//
Date: 6/2/2020

blyjette February 6th, 2020

I agree to the pledge.

Justme7323 February 6th, 2020

I, Shuhyun, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Shuhyun//
Date: 2/7/2020

LillibetR February 6th, 2020

I, Rose, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LillibetR//
Date: 6Feb2020

Nobody1989 February 6th, 2020

I, Nobody1989, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Nobody1989//

MekaTheMeka February 6th, 2020

@Laura

i am completely new here, but i will do my best!

i, MekaTheMeka, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that i read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

i will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

i will stay respectful of everyone i encounter in the community.

i understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

i will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

i will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

i will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

i will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how i will react to any situation that is my choice.

i will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

katiey5 February 6th, 2020

I, Katie Younger, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Katiey5//
Date: 2/6/2020

charmingcherry201289 February 6th, 2020

@Laura

Signed: //A.A.A.E.A//
Date: 06/02/2020

ivoryTiger7146 February 6th, 2020

@Laura I, Sugarrush,

I, Sugarrush, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Ivory Tiger//

Date: 06/02/20

enorah February 6th, 2020

I, enorah, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: enorah - 02/06/20

OceanSupernova February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, Ocean, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Oceansupernova//
Date: 2/6/2020

thanks to 7 cups

kasilee February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I,Kasidy pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

HeartbrokenGirl9831 February 6th, 2020

@Laura

I, K, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

//HeartbrokenGirl909//

Biglights123 February 6th, 2020

I agree to take the pledge and one day be a listener.

silenceismyfavouritesound February 6th, 2020

I swear this oathsies