Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Movie genre

ScholarsticaChioma January 30th

What's your favorite movie genre ❤️

Nagandrzlvn January 31st

@ScholarsticaChioma Bye the way, i like to watch K-Drama because it's also find and i love it so much. The film that are meaningfull for me also talk about mental health is a Daily Dose of Sunshine. The film it's give us an insight of mental disorder and gentle reminder for us if we are in difficult condition. There is from me!

Antonio7Cups March 3rd

@Nagandrzlvn 

That's awesome! K-Dramas have gained immense popularity for their unique storytelling, engaging plots, and fantastic character development. 

Do you have any favorite K-Dramas or specific genres you enjoy the most? I'd love to hear your recommendations or discuss any recent shows you've been watching!

Nagandrzlvn March 6th

@Antonio7Cups I like to watch k-drama love too. LMAO

Antonio7Cups March 6th

@Nagandrzlvn 

🤣

Riddlebot February 6th

I like psychological dramas and comedies, separately and together 

Antonio7Cups March 3rd

@Riddlebot 

That's fantastic! Psychological dramas and comedies offer such a diverse range of storytelling. The intensity of psychological dramas and the light-heartedness of comedies create a unique blend of entertainment. Do you have any favorite psychological dramas or comedies that you'd recommend? I'm always on the lookout for great suggestions!

Riddlebot June 15th

@Antonio7Cups

sorry for the late reply but I recommend Swiss army man, it's a psychological but not in the way a psychological thriller/drama is, it's more dark comedy, it's really strange/surreal but very underrated and I find it good enough to be one of my favourites

i have to warn you though, it's not everyone's cup of tea because it's wacky with the way it addresses the subjects it brings up, not gonna spoil anything though ^^

Antonio7Cups June 15th

@Riddlebot 

Thank you so much! I'll watch it 📽️

JollyRacher February 7th

@ScholarsticaChioma

I want to say mystery. Thriller if done right and maybe sci-fi. Sprinkle in some K-dramas here and there for fun. 

highwithoutdrugs February 14th

Mystery thriller are downright my favourite

JollyRacher February 15th

@highwithoutdrugs

That is a great combo.

Gettingbettertoday February 15th

@ScholarsticaChioma

Action Adventure...

Antonio7Cups February 23rd

@Gettingbettertoday 

Action and adventure is amazing, what is the most film/serie you like of these genres?

Gettingbettertoday February 23rd

@Reggaeton

Most are one ups. There is one series, The Transporter that i like all of them. There are only three so far.

shyLand2160 February 16th

@ScholarsticaChioma

horror and romance

daydreammemories February 18th

@ScholarsticaChioma

mystery, thriller 😁

@daydreammemories 

Oh yeah, that one is so cool. 😎

daydreammemories February 23rd

@Reggaeton

😁

AnglesNight February 18th

@ScholarsticaChioma I like mystery 

Angelswish February 18th

@ScholarsticaChioma psychology.

@ScholarsticaChioma 

At least for me, it's a difficult choice, but I'd say that is the action thriller. What about you? 

mickey-mouse-chilling.gif

communicativePond1728 February 24th

@ScholarsticaChioma

I don't know. Tbh I think the vast, vast, vast majority of movies are trash and the way society operates makes it exponentially harder every day to find or watch anything exceptional.

Saddest of all I can't even gatekeep the good movies I've seen lol because I can't even remember the maybe five movies I've watched in my life that were worth my time due to whatever stupid panic or other disorder or mix of disorders that's taken over and held hostage my memory banks.

All that being said perhaps my favourite movie genre may be magical realism or neo-noir. Who knows. It could just be a dark desire to rebell against and rectify my mom's shyness and her and the families destruction under mental weight, my parents divorce and how that and so much more shattered my own life and relationships for all my days thus far. 

aml_1708763693.jpeg

Whatever. It could also be docs. Love a good skateboard, surf or snowboard, nature or music doc because I'm obsessed and madly passionate about those things.

Third contender is a blend of mystery, comedy and action like 'See How They Run'. 

shtr_1708761668.jpeg

Maybe randomly and illegally to the list of blended genres I include Top Gun: Maverick, and Jurassic Park: World Dominion - we all know any sequel or prequel excluding the original Star Wars (but only because they were made first) are gross. So I'm not sure what happened with these two movies, but it did.

jpwd_1708761693.jpeg

Horrifying to like a sequel.

Actually maybe what happened is I'm just confuses due to the massive amount of flops coming out, the exponential growth of technology masquerading as a stand-in for great writing, engaging dialogue and authentic acting and my own high standards and expectations skewered by personal weakness and shortcomings.

Anyway. That's not going to be solved here and now. Moving on. I'm not a huge anime fan but sometimes they're actually alright too and I'd even consider a top contender. I have good memories of watching DragonBall Z (Of course until that became trash; I still haven't forgiven them for that.) but I refuse to watch the movie or movies in borderline rebellion.

Miyazaki movies are pretty solid though. They're sometimes downright disturbing which I find unnecessary and ngl some look just plain ridiculous. Nausicaa is probs my fave though, with Princess Mononoke and The Boy and the Heron tied for second. I haven't seen all him movies though, and some I'll most likely never see, so it's not a definitive ranking in terms of pure comparison and contrast.

bh_1708762457.jpeg

And while my attention span, like many others, has been whittled-down to gnat-like proportions, I WAS able to watch Nimona all the way through today, which is actually free on YouTube right now.

Here is the link https://youtu.be/i4CFWTYFRlw?si=yyQpfO4wKzKkfSlE 

Aaaaand scandal of scandals, I do have a bit of a hot take on movies.  The question is, do I expose it here and now...yep...I'm doing it...here we go...

some of the best movies ever made are horror

Wait, wait Wait, allow me to explain before all y'all go full exorcist.

They're like metal music; maybe super loud and intense conceptually, but conversely capable of being just as therapeutic - and when mixed with a great story and the aforementioned writing, acting and dialogue, I don't think anything else can compare in terms of a thrilling cinematic experience that touches the human condition the closest.

Of course I can't prove it due to the aforementioned hostage situation so, moving on before some cinemaBro pops a gasket. Lol

I guess that's about it. "My exposition on movies." If you see Nimona, tell me how it went. Made me cry like a *** baby. Could be because I survived a spontaneous suicide only a few weeks ago and because so many people in my life passed away from that in like the past year. 

PetiteSouris February 25th

@ScholarsticaChioma

I like Documentaries, Psychological thrillers, and South Indian films

Antonio7Cups March 3rd

@PetiteSouris 

I appreciate your preferences! It's fantastic that you enjoy documentaries, psychological thrillers, and South Indian films. The variety in these genres allows for a diverse and enriching viewing experience. If you have any specific recommendations or if there's a particular documentary, psychological thriller, or South Indian film you've enjoyed recently, I'd love to hear more about it!

wonderfulCupcake1464 February 27th

My favorite movie is comedy and adventure.

Antonio7Cups February 27th

@wonderfulCupcake1464 

sounds-good.gif

Trinityspaced245 February 28th

Teen romances and love stories

Antonio7Cups March 3rd

@Trinityspaced245 

I absolutely love teen romances and love stories! The emotions and experiences that come with first loves and relationships make for such captivating and relatable reads. Do you have any favorite titles in this genre?

shadowGREYYSON March 7th

@ScholarsticaChioma romance and drama 

shadowGREYYSON March 7th

@ScholarsticaChioma ROMANCE AND DRAMA

friendlyCat2006 March 10th

Well, I like horror, comedy, sci-fi and musicals all the same but sometimes I just want to return to the animated movies of Disney to remember my childhood lol

2611 March 11th

@ScholarsticaChioma I prefer psychological thrillers, mystery and crime.. 

sky2Ocean20 March 13th

@2611

All 3 my fav genres too. 

Chloe1367550 March 11th

@ScholarsticaChioma

Romance for sure lol

Sparrow555 March 12th

@ScholarsticaChioma I like all types of movies but my top three are:

• Sci-Fi
  • Thriller
  • Fantasy 
JollyRacher March 12th

@Sparrow555

I looked at your profile picture and my first thought was Elmo looks different. Then I really looked and I saw it. Apologies I do not know his name, but when I was younger that show scared the living daylights out of me. Don't hug me I'm scared, which my friend dared me to watch. I wasn't no chicken so I watched it and that profile just brought back some memories.

Sparrow555 March 13th

@JollyRacher

It's really not a kids show, but I kind of find it comforting with how unsettling it is. 

I love psychological drama or thrillers, kdramas, I’m also a hopeless romantic. Actually, I love every genre, I’m not picky😂

sky2Ocean20 March 13th

@ScholarsticaChioma

I like mystery, suspense thrillers, psychological movies or shows any day. Comedy too. 

sky2Ocean20 March 13th

@sky2Ocean20

Forgot to mention fantasy and animated movie genre. Heehee