Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Functionality: Provide Feedback Here!

theriverissinging March 31st, 2022

Hello, everyone!

As you might be aware, there are some on-going forum changes taking place. You can use this thread to provide any feedback, suggestions on forum functionality (functions, features, utility, any technical aspects only) or bugs that you encounter.

This is mainly being done to help keep things organized as it can be hard to gather it from various places/people and ease up the process for everyone to pass on feedback further to the 7 Cups team.

We encourage everyone to use this thread for its purpose anytime and use it for only that. Kindly review this post for any other feedback/behavior reports that don't involve forum functionality.

Iamwhoiamwhoami December 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul so I messed it up.. I guess delete all of it solve the problems

CalmRosebud December 22nd, 2022

Hey Iamwhoiamwhoami, itโ€™s not you! Itโ€™s the program! You be you! The tekkies here will fix the bugs!!!!โ™ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ๐ŸŒธ

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 22nd, 2022

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

I was able to heart/ upvote your posts in the thread. :D

It's a beautiful thread, and definitely not something from your end. ๐Ÿ˜Š

It seems to be a glitch/ bug in forums, when the hearts don't register at times.

Hopefully the tech team fixes it for everyone soon!

@mytwistedsoul bug spray is needed hehe, I've had this come up too often also in different threads. :') I am persistent xD I come back to try and heart again haha!

Meanie forum bugs-0 Persistent Sun- 1 ๐Ÿค“

I am under the impression that something with my tree dedication has caused some glitches. If so please remove all posts related to that so functionality can resume. I am sorry everyone.

mytwistedsoul December 22nd, 2022

@Iamwhoiamwhoami It's just a bug but it's not a bug caused by anything you did. You have my word on that. This has happened before. Its just a glitch in the code somewhere

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

Oh no no no my friend. This is a site bug. Not anything you did. Please don't delete all you did!

@mytwistedsoul

if there is any chance that something is wrong with them they should be removed.

I am not tech savvy so there is a good chance that something I did was done wrong.

@Iamwhoiamwhoami I'm not very tech savvy myself but I do know this isn't something you caused. Please believe me on that

@Iamwhoiamwhoami

Aww really what Soul said^ Please be assured, it is no mistake or anything wrong on your part, while making the post. I'm sure many people who saw your thread felt your gratitude and warmth through it for the community, so a big thanks for sharing with us. โค

@mytwistedsoul I donโ€™t know how to delete them. I am at the mercy of others for that to happen.

This community is more important than any of my threads.

@Iamwhoiamwhoami Please don't. I'm begging you. You did a beautiful thing Iam. You didn't break the site or cause the bug or glitch. They'll fix it. Its ok. You're ok ok?

@mytwistedsoul

I canโ€™t delete them. That is up to others here to decide. I am just saying that if it is something in there that is causing it I am ok with whoeverโ€™s decision to delete them to fix it.

@Iamwhoiamwhoami I know. I just don't want to see it deleted. Because it's just a wonderful thing You did for the community. And I know you worked hard to put it all together and finish it. I just want to reassure you that it's not - absolutely not - anything you did or caused โค๏ธ

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you . Your kindness and concern I truly appreciate and a grateful for. Maybe my negativity overshadows even the words I write. I apologize for that.

@Iamwhoiamwhoami No thank you's necessary. And no apologies needed. I'll get Sun to *nom* your apology ๐Ÿ˜Š I know how it can seem like maybe we caused the issue or problem but you didn't cause this one. I hope you can put it out of your mind that this was something you did โค๏ธ

MistyMagic December 29th, 2022

I am finding problems with deletions now. I delete a post or thread and then I find that they don't disappear completely. One thread I removed was coming up for me as 'Item Removed' when I clicked on the heading. I noticed that it was getting replies and upvotes too! Now I have removed the post again and this time it has disappeared from my view. Also other posts that I have removed seem to be reappearing all over too? Almost as if my 'delete' is acting as a personal mute or something?

@CheeryMango

Listening - One Step At A Time!

RarelyCharlie December 29th, 2022

@MistyMagic Hmmmโ€ฆ"personal mute" rings a bell for some reason. Wasn't there an announcement about a personal mute feature coming soon? I can't find it, though. Maybe I imagined it.

Charlie

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 29th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie

Lol, nope, I don't think you imagined. xD

I never saw any post about it, but it was mentioned in one of the forum restructure meetings, about some kinda personal mute for forums also, it was mentioned more like "we are thinking of having one..." and not anything planned/ concrete. Some update on this would be great definitely! ๐Ÿ˜…

RarelyCharlie December 29th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Ah, so it's possible that a developer might have been testing a future personal mute feature, and it got mixed up with the existing delete function. Possible but unlikely. Developers shouldn't be testing things in the production site ๐Ÿคช

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

Haha yes for real!

We can hope it's fixed soon! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

CalmRosebud December 29th, 2022

Charlie, it seems you have your mischievous side lol๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ€

AffyAvo December 29th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie It was brought up in a meeting I saw no update about it though. We should be getting information when it is actually implemented. Would hope the same for any testing on site!

@NoneTheWiser So wierd I swear I posted here yesterday linking to your thread!

@MistyMagic You did haha, I saw it too! ๐Ÿ˜ฎโค

The forums are a ghosty place now omigosh!๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘ป

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou and it's not even Spooky Week yet! ๐Ÿ‘ป

@MistyMagic Tell me about it haha!๐Ÿ˜†

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 30th, 2022

@NoneTheWiser Highly possible!๐Ÿ˜‚

MistyMagic January 5th, 2023

Is it just me or does the list of new subscribers on the left hand side column, chop off the end of long names? Even when I click the down arrow to get the full list I get dots ... cutting off the end of long names which makes it so much slower to collect new subscribers names.

RarelyCharlie January 5th, 2023

@MistyMagic It is not just you, it's a coding error. (However, it's not strictly speaking forum functionality, so it doesn't really belong in this thread.)

The normal, or correct, way to code this is to write, in the CSS language, text-overflow: ellipsis (that is, the three dots character, โ€ฆ). This displays the ellipsis when there is not enough room on the user's screen to display all the text. But someone coded it on the server in the PHP language by mistake, and the server doesn't know exactly how much room there is to display the text on each user's screen, so the server cuts the text short and displays the ellipsis when there is in fact room to display more of the text.

Charlie

AffyAvo January 5th, 2023

I keep getting an error when trying to flag a post.

RarelyCharlie January 9th, 2023

@AffyAvo I tried to flag a spam post just now, and got: "API Error:" So I looked for a hidden error message, and the hidden error message was: "Post previously flagged and approved."

So we have two bugs here. 1. The API Error message isn't displaying the reason for the error, even when the reason is available, and 2. when someone mistakenly approves a spam post, the post can never be re-flagged in order to correct the mistake.

Charlie

MistyMagic January 9th, 2023

@RarelyCharlie We have been having a few strange anomalies with flags recently. Point 2 could be to stop the same post being flagged over and over even after it has been approved. It could be the override from the flag list too. @CheeryMango will know so I am linking them here.

mytwistedsoul January 6th, 2023

Error code 064? An error was encountered saving your post?

AffyAvo January 8th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul Sorry I should have paid more attention to the message!

mytwistedsoul January 9th, 2023

@AffyAvo No worries :) it's the message I was getting trying to post a reply. It's pretty random it seems. At least for me anyway

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 11th, 2023

Quick thought here. Are comments/ posts magically being poofed for no reason at all? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Wondering if this is something technical, because otherwise I don't see any reason for someone with forum tools to remove them without any explanation/ intimation!

Similar to what happened with @MistyMagic in this thread!

MistyMagic January 11th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I am wondering if they are the 'duplicates' which aren't really duplicated but are shadows or echoes of the real post and then the 'duplicate' gets removed (because two show) but there are in fact only one? oooh Twilight Zone1

HealingTalk January 12th, 2023

@CheeryMango @MistyMagic

"Featured Thread" notification not working in DS and AS subcoms

Both in the Depression Support Subcommunity and the Anxiety Support Subcommunity, when we make a thread "Featured Thread" (by clicking the star on top of the thread) it does not trigger the "New Depression Support Subcommunity Featured Thread" notification to all the subcommunity, as it should do, and it does for all other subcommunities I am subscribed to.

For example, last Tuesday January 10, 2023 I made the last check-in "Featured Thread" and that did not make a "New Depression Support Community Featured Thread" notification to be sent to all DS subscribers.

Right now, I have just tested it by making another thread (Event post) "Featured Thread" and the notification did not work.

It has not been working since I entered both subcommunities mid 2022.

I have reported this issue many times since, and it was suggested that I post it on this thread as well.

I was told several times that the technical team had other priorities. I understand that it might not be first priority for the programmers (it might never become), but it is first priority for us on the frontline.

The lack of this tool results in a severe limitation in communicating with our community and letting them know of things we prepare for them, hampering engagement and limiting the impact and usefulness of the work done by the team.

We would be very, very grateful if this issue is fixed.
HealingTalk January 13th, 2023

@NoneTheWiser

Hi, Jess!

Sure!

So the issue is spreading...

I think I was receiving those notifications from the Trauma Subcommunity until a few months ago. My memory is so-so, though.

If we knew when your notifications stopped working, it might help in finding the cause I guess...