Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Functionality: Provide Feedback Here!

theriverissinging March 31st, 2022

Hello, everyone!

As you might be aware, there are some on-going forum changes taking place. You can use this thread to provide any feedback, suggestions on forum functionality (functions, features, utility, any technical aspects only) or bugs that you encounter.

This is mainly being done to help keep things organized as it can be hard to gather it from various places/people and ease up the process for everyone to pass on feedback further to the 7 Cups team.

We encourage everyone to use this thread for its purpose anytime and use it for only that. Kindly review this post for any other feedback/behavior reports that don't involve forum functionality.

AffyAvo December 8th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie I'm not a fan of how General works either. For the disability support community I actually put in a request to a) merge any threads that were in general into get support b) have get support as the default (and the ability to still filter to see it just like the other topics)/

MistyMagic December 9th, 2022

@AffyAvo I tried creating a 'General' topic on the side, waited a day till it showed up and then started moving those default posts into it but guess what, the General topic on the side disappeared so I am back to square one. You are right the default shouldn't just be General it should be linked in the list of topics on the side.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

RarelyCharlie December 9th, 2022

@MistyMagic How were you able to you identify those default posts?

Charlie

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 9th, 2022

I think the upvote notifications have started working for me. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

If not the exact post still (and with lots of buffering/ time being taken to load/ page getting stuck) the upvote notice takes me to the page where might be my comment/post/reply was upvoted, 6/10 times, there's wiggle room still.

This is really exciting, halfway there haha, thanks so much, team. โค

RarelyCharlie December 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Me too ๐Ÿ˜ Just now I got one that linked to the exact post!

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie Yay! And hopefully another now lol? ๐Ÿ˜„

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou and one for you to test rofl! Hehehe ooh the novelty mine links direct to the post too so a hugeโค๏ธ thank-you to Techies โญ๏ธ

@MistyMagic lol thanks Misty xD I think it did, or there's only two comments on this page so far lol, so it worked with the page again, I'm more than happy with this alone haha! ๐Ÿคงโค Yasss, thankyou Techiees!

Although, I now notice that the upvote notifications are a bit pesky haha, they don't auto-remove when I click on them to open the post it was from, and I have to click on the (X) to remove it. Is this the same for you? (And others coming across?)๐Ÿ‘€

Umm not working on the app now?

mytwistedsoul December 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I did too! I almost fell off my chair! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

@mytwistedsoul LoL Soul, same, this is probably Christmas gift to us hahaha! ๐Ÿคง

Woo *hugs* we waited for it!

mse102 December 13th, 2022

I have just joined this App and Im facing issues of not being able to send replies to certain threads:(

I always get an ERROR message in red saying

โ€œt is not an Objectโ€

As if it was some coding language.

Very annoying:(

RarelyCharlie December 13th, 2022

@mse102 You're right ๐Ÿ˜‰ The coding is in a language called JavaScript. You are seeing the result of two bugs. Bug 1 is something to do with t being the wrong kind of data. Bug 2 is displaying that error message to you, an ordinary user.

I agree. This kind of thing is very annoying. I hope both bugs have been fixed by now.

Charlie

mytwistedsoul December 13th, 2022

Having trouble with the notices again and posting gives a something went wrong message but it still posts

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 13th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Same boat ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

canoe-kids.gif

MistyMagic December 13th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Yep I just had to remove a few dozen duplicates, I hope this gets fixed soon!

@MistyMagic Same! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ We keep rowing! ๐Ÿ›ถ

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Lol! Good thing we got life preservers on! Row row! We're allmost to shore! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll see if I can bale some water out!

Sorry for the late ish reply too - I'm just now getting notices but had no tag for it ๐Ÿ˜•

agua-water.gif

@mytwistedsoul Hahah love it! ๐Ÿ˜† All help is good help! Yay! (Super okay about the replyโค)

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I got your tag ok but the others - Idk seems hit or miss
๐Ÿ˜• work in progress

*continues baling* ๐Ÿ˜

CheeryMango December 13th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Which notices are you referring to? We have the tech team looking into the duplicate error right now.

@CheeryMango The tag notifications were rusty too today!

@CheeryMango The tag notices

calmMango9611 January 10th, 2023

@CheeryMango Just wanted to let you know, there are posts showing up twice, on the home page, of the same title.

I cannot flag them, because I get an API Error Message it is in red, when I do try to flag them.

7cups.com/forum/home/

Please let your dev team know this.

Thanks,

calmMango9611

calmMango9611 January 16th, 2023

@CheeryMango Just wanted to give you heads up, I cannot flag a post, I have tried several times, to flag it, and I keep getting an API error message in read.

There is cussing in the title

Here is the link to the home page https://www.7cups.com/home/

I hope someone can take a look at it and then, either edit it, if you can or take it down.

I am so sorry about this.

I am able to flag posts when needed, with no problems, but not now.

They also bye passed the censors, somehow.

I do not know, how they did that, but they did.

Just wanted to let you know, all this.

AffyAvo January 16th, 2023

@calmMango9611 Dealt with, although sometimes edits don't appear ASAP.

We never used to have a censor for swears in the forums, as it's allowed (but not in titles). I'm not sure how the censor currently functions.

calmMango9611 January 16th, 2023

@AffyAvo Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for your quick response.

Hey everyone! I believe someone here mentioned that they were not able to hover over users' profile pictures in the forums and see whether they were an adult or teen. The issue should be fixed now. When you hover over a profile picture, you should see a yellow/gold circle with a lowercase 't' in black that signifies that the user is a teen member/ listener (Example here: _1670949614.teen.png). For adults, the username and account details will just be displayed here_1670949811.adult.png

@CheeryMango Yes, I can confirm that the issue is partly fixed. But if a teen hovers over an ATL's profile picture, I suspect the popup still doesn't tell them they can message the listener. I can't test this because, obviously, I don't have a teen account.

Previously there was a button in the popup to send a message if sending a message was allowed. This functionality seems to have been lost. There's no need for a button, but there is still a need for some indication.

Charlie

Let me test it and see.

@RarelyCharlie

Here's the view from a teen account. The lowercase 'a' denotes that the listener or member is an adult and the message button only appears on Adult-Teen Listeners profiles.

_1670951491.adultlo.png

@CheeryMango Ah! There's a message button again! I wasn't getting it for some reason. Thanks for checking ๐Ÿ˜€

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

You're welcome, Charlie!

RarelyCharlie December 24th, 2022

@CheeryMango About that Message button, I've realized that I can see it but I can't click it! As soon as I move my mouse pointer away from the person's name, the entire user card popover disappears. I guess a delay before dismissing the popover could be one way to fix this. The documentation suggests, "Use the focus trigger to dismiss popovers on the userโ€™s next click of a different element than the toggle element."

Charlie

Sorry, I can't find the right place in this thread to comment on "Your Post was Voted Up" notifications.

First, thank you to whoever put the post link on the end, so when you click the notification you go to the post that was hearted.

But two bugs remain. After clicking the notification, the notification is still there and I have to clear it manually. And the notification still says "Voted Up" long after upvotes were changed to hearts. If the word "hearted" is considered ugly, it could say something like "๐Ÿ’™ for your post" (as the current fashion is blue hearts).

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie

Will pass these along!

I feel like all I'm doing is complaining ๐Ÿ˜ฌ But is there going to be more added with the my forum threads part? Because I have nothing there. If I want my threads I have to put the name in and search. If I want a thread I subscribed to - I'm guessing I need to do the same? Problem is - I don't remember the titles

IsayUncle December 13th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

I totally agree with you. My seniments exactly. I wish they could have left our chronological list of posts "AND" added the search feature. Or give us the location or access to our chronological list so we can refer to it if we want to. (Is this in the works or possible?)

@IsayUncle It helped alot being able to access that! Especially if you're like me and have a long list of things you're subscribed to with the intention of getting back to it later

*nice to see you ๐Ÿ˜Š- I'm afraid I may never find your threads again* ๐Ÿ˜ž

IsayUncle December 13th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Good to see you too. I always like running across your posts too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Did you see they got it fixed. A SUPER JOB of it they did too!

_1670968973.image.png I'm on cloud 9 about it. LOL!