Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2024: Finish the sentence...

Heather225 December 19th, 2023

hello-alphabet-letter-space-copy-wooden-background-hello-alphabet-letter-space-copy-wooden-background-189289739_1703009255.jpeg

As we close out 2023, I wanted to do a mini-reflection exercise with you just to get you thinking ahead. Finish the sentences! What's the first thing that comes to mind? That may be what you want to focus on. If you're the type who prefers to really think about it, that's good too! At the end of the sentences, you should have an idea of what you want to work on this year.

⭐ In 2024 I would like to...

⭐ To do this, I need to...

My tip is to focus on wellness over resolutions. What do you want to work on and how do you plan to get there?

Revisit your reply to this post often to make sure you're still going in the right direction. Monitoring your progress is key to creating lasting change!

Heather225 OP December 19th, 2023

Some of you may remember this challenge from last year. Here it is if you wanna revisit your answers! I'm curious to see who hit their mark and what you learned from this past year. 

RealisticVision December 26th, 2023

@Heather225

Thanks for the post!

In 2024, I would like to lose at least 10lbs by March or April 2024. 

Each day I will choose to:

- Log my calories electronically

- Walk inside or outside for at least 10 minutes

- Keep at least 2-3 hours between meals 

All the best for 2024 :) 

AnnaSilverberg December 19th, 2023
@Heather225

Ouh! H! 🎅
💙I love this! What a fun idea💙

Here are my replies:

In 2024 I would like to...

Grow more as a person and explore new places to take photos of. 
I would also like to do more art, because it brings me so much joy! 

I need to continue keeping an open mind to feedback, 
take every opportunity I get and to grow from it. 
On the photos part, I will need to go out of my comfort zone and 
travel further away from home than I've done before. 
And hopefully find interesting and accessible places for me to photograph! 
On the art part, I want to buy a better drawing app and I would also like 
to practice more by going out of my comfort zone, which I am already doing, 
but we can always learn and improve more. 

💙 Thank you so much for making this Forum Post 💙
✨💙✨
✨ 

Tinywhisper11 December 20th, 2023

@AnnaSilverberg yaaaaay! I love doing art and craft 😁 ❤ and photography and exloring are dreams for me ❤ I would love to see your photos oneday. Gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤❤

FeureVox December 19th, 2023

In 2024, I would like to:

Find a deeper sense of balance and fulfillment in my life.

I want to grow not just in my professional field but also as a person, a father, and a member of my community.

I'm looking to explore more of what brings joy and peace to my life, whether that's through music, connecting with my family, or contributing to the well-being of others.

To do this, I need to:

Dedicate regular time for self-reflection and mindfulness, to stay in tune with my inner needs and aspirations.

Create meaningful moments with my family, nurturing our relationships, and creating lasting memories.

Engage more with my community, perhaps through volunteer work or local events, to feel more connected and grounded.

Explore my passion for music further, as it provides me with a sense of relaxation and happiness.

@FeureVox ❤❤ aww! You really are a great person ❤❤ merry Christmas to you and your family ❤

FeureVox December 20th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 

I can tell that your message comes from the heart, and I genuinely appreciate your kindness.merry-christmas-christmas.gif

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas celebration with your loved ones, filled with warmth, love, and joy.

Best wishes to you and your family during this "special time" of the year.

HealingTalk December 19th, 2023

@Heather225

Great thought-provoking activity!

Wellness is of the utmost importance. We have to protect ourselves as the valuable persons we are, and at the same time, to preserve our ability to help others. 

In this line:

In 2024 I would like to...use my energy wisely to give my best in all areas of my life in and out of Cups, while at the same time enjoying the ride and avoiding burnout.

To do this, I need to...monitor my “gasoline tank”. Reflect often on how I am using my energy - Prioritize and postpone or even say “no” to tasks beyond what I can reasonably do using that priority ranking [this is by far the hardest part] - Take a weekly 1-day break - Establish a stress control routine including exercise, me-time and enough sleep.

@HealingTalk gasoline tank😕!?! You run on gas/petrol????😮😮😮😂😂😂😂😂 have a great xmas ❤❤ gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤

HealingTalk December 20th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

Only when I run out of food and the fridge is empty 😀

Sending you lots of love  💜 💜 💜 

powerfulPerson9856 December 20th, 2023

In 2024 I would like to be in a better mental heath state.

to do this, I need to find a therapist and support.

@powerfulPerson9856 aww good luck sweetie ❤ remember you always have our support ❤ gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤

Trinity369 December 20th, 2023

In 2024, I would like to:

•Do meditation as a practice every day

•Keep my mind calm during anger provoking times

•Complete my goals without procastination

•Have an attractive personality

•Do my work with with love in my heart.

@Trinity369

Wonderful, wise goals, Trinity!

Trinity369 December 20th, 2023

Thanks 😊

@healingtalk

@Trinity369

You are welcome!

@Trinity369 awsome ❤ gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤ merry Christmas ❤ I hope your goals work out 

Tryinghardnottofallapart680 December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

In 2024, I would like to be more patient.

I must slow down, learn to distract myself, calm myself, and breathe deeply to do this. 

@Tryinghardnottofallapart680 good luck ❤ merry Christmas ❤

frankWheel1972 December 20th, 2023

@Tryinghardnottofallapart680

I think we all have this issue from time to time. I tend to blame myself when i become flustered even though that I work above the level of expectation. I am my own worst critic. We need to slow down and keep the cool and realize that we are not the only ones responsible for what happens.

Positron2 December 20th, 2023

⭐ In 2024 I would like to...make new friends

⭐ To do this, I need to...leave the house and go where the people meet

@Positron2 yaaaay! That's good posi ❤❤ you should definitely go out more. You like your remote control cars and gadgets🤔🤔🤔 perhaps you could meet people through that🤔🤔 start your own posi club😁 merry Christmas ❤

@Heather225 um the first thing that popped into my head when answering the questions. Was to eat and how to do it eat more😕

@Heather225

@Heather225

I would like to focus on making more conversations with others. I am discovering that through the years my depression has mostly centered around me being by myself and not opening myself up to others. I too can be a likeable person I just need to be approachable and be ready to help others as they help me.

SkyToOcean December 20th, 2023

🌟 In 2024 I would like to

* be emotionally more stronger.

* be able to channalize my worries towards positive productivity.

🌟 To do this i need to

* Expose myself more towards awareness and knowledge.

* criticize myself less.

PiaKyasaurus December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

In 2024 I would like to join another band and play the cello.

To do this I need to practice like there is no tomorrow

Fuechsin December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

Wonderful idea, H!

In 2024 I would like to...

... grow more comfortable in my role as Listener Room Supporter

... learn to set aside more time for activities I care about

... develop a whole (tiny) video game on my own

... appreciate the people I care more

... gain more experience as a listener on here
... host more listener discussions to gain confidence
... complete more trainings on the training page

... remind myself constantly what the activities that I truly care about are (listening, learning to play the guitar, learning to develop video games, bouldering)
... say "no" more often to events I don't care about
... practice more self-care

... be brave in making mistakes at first
... getting better at managing my time and finding motivation
... believing in myself and my abilities more (even without the need for external validation)

... spend quality time with the people I care about
... suggest adventures to the people I care about (instead of only getting invited all the time)
... gain confidence in being curious about their life by asking more questions
... be bold in reaching out to them even if I haven't heard from them in a long time

KatePersephone December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

⭐ In 2024 I would like to creating better habits

⭐ To do this, I need to prioritize myself more

SparkyGizmo December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

Hi H! 😊 ❤️ Many thanks for this thought provoking forum post! 

In 2024 I would like to remain centered, remain feeling peaceful and happy.😊

To do this, I need to stay the course. Continue to plan my work and work my plan while practicing mindfulness.

Self...continue to pace yourself and enjoy each part of the process for attaining your goals. Take it slow, enjoy each step of the way and celebrate the small victories 🥳 while doing pieces to execute the larger plans. 

Remember to play a little, sing a little and dance a little each day. Remember that "you got this"!

Much of what it is that you need was inside of you all along, continue to tap into that. Continue to listen to yourself and trust your intuition. For the rest, continue to trust in the universe, the powers that be.

When the universe speaks, listen too. The universe hasn't forgotten about you and will give to you what it is that you need. 

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️ to self also! 

neatBlueberry5213 December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

In 2024, I would like to visit B.C.

To do this, I will need to budget well, plan details, and pack the right things.

Heather225 OP December 20th, 2023

@neatBlueberry5213

nice!! i am rooting for you!

Jenna December 20th, 2023

@Heather225

I would like to achieve personal and professional growth, explore new opportunities, foster meaningful connections with others, be kinder to myself, have less stress, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Additionally, I aim to learn new skills, pursue my passions, and contribute positively to this community.

I can achieve my goals by setting clear objectives, managing my time effectively, learning new things, working hard, being open to new opportunities, prioritizing important tasks, improving my communication skills, showing kindness to others, taking care of myself, and contributing to the community as much as possible.

Faljabiry1019 December 21st, 2023

In 2024 I would like to be more appreciative of everything I have.

To do this I need to be happy with everything I have.

Creamyyy December 21st, 2023

In 2024 I need to lose weight.

For this I need to eat less and work out more.

4Jasmine December 21st, 2023

@Heather225

In 2024 I would like to meet some new people, make some new friends and improve my relationships with my children. I need to get out of the house more and begin to get involved in things I enjoy. I also want to recover/restore my health to full capacity since having major spinal surgery this past summer. I need to avoid getting caught up in, and/or responding to my distress by being gaslighted. I want to remove its power over my life as much as possible by recognizing it and avoiding responding to it. I need to have a really positive, happy, and fulfilled New Year! No if, and, or buts!😊

walkalot December 21st, 2023

Read more books.

Take the time. Sit down and do it.

JustMeAlways December 22nd, 2023

Ok....

I would like to...

Feel like I matter to my loved ones as more than just support to them. 

I will do this...

By setting boundaries and standing by them. 

I hope both happen. 

warmheartedBunny4 December 22nd, 2023

I would like to be just happy... and made peace with my life....

No more mourning over the past that is forever gone...No more regret about what happened in the past...No more worries about the future...

For that I need to master my fears....

And I'm going to master my fears!

Sending healing vibes 😇

YOUKNOWWW420 December 22nd, 2023

Find coping skills to help me manage all the negativity I have about life… 🤐