Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

considerateParadise6717 March 23rd, 2021

@Hope

I didn't take a member chat today and focused on school work.

gentleLight37 October 26th, 2021

@considerateParadise6717 Nice job! :) Sometimes we have to decide what our priority is right now.

InquireWithin March 26th, 2021

@Hope

I have reduced my hosting of Sharing Circle to a more reasonable frequency and I am sticking to it. :)

@InquireWithin That's awesome that you've figured out what your limits are and what you can reasonable stick to. :)

fairyava April 3rd, 2021

Today I took a break from my 7cups roles to take care of real life issues. It was nice taking care of my IRL needs and being able to accept that I needed a break!

@fairyava It's important to take care of your own needs! :) Good for you!

SupportCat101 April 3rd, 2021

I didn’t take on any member chats so I can focus on coursework and my business

@SupportCat101 Nice job :)

FlourishingDimensions April 30th, 2021

@Hope

FlourishingDimensions April 30th, 2021

@FlourishingDimensions Sorry! I hit the enter button too quickly :D I took today as a personal growth day and concentrated on reading and other types of personal training.

IceCream4IceCream May 3rd, 2021

@Hope

Set boundaries on how much work I will do today: i.e. what tasks I'll be doing and how much time I'll spend on each.

kindLemonade June 17th, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752
Again, thank you for introducing this growth path. This Burnt out preventation path is really helping me to have a clearer perspective.

IceCream4IceCream June 17th, 2021

@kindLemonade
heart

kindLemonade June 17th, 2021

@Hope

These are what I have done over the past few days:

• Write down all of my current roles + time commiment + evaluate my roles using the given form.
• Make clear to all my members and leaders that I'm having a self-care weekends break.
• Asked to reduce my current workload
• Seek help from peer supporter
• Log onto my member account for further supports.
• Encourage other listener peers to self-care together such as reminding each other to meditate, drink water.
• Taking part in self-care activities such yoga, drawing, eating healthy.

How about you? @Star996 @
theriverissinging @richuyulin

theriverissinging June 17th, 2021

@kindLemonade thanks for tagging me, kind!

Something I have tried to do is to note down what I'm supposed to do on here. It really helps me stay on track and not let myself sink in too much and zone out xD (it's because I love being here!) Thanks! ❤️

theriverissinging June 17th, 2021

@kindLemonade those are so many lovely ways to prevent burnout! ❤️ You're awesome 😊

June 17th, 2021

@kindLemonade Thank you for tagging me in this. For me, I've backed away from all my optional hosting sessions for focus on my two sessions for 24 hour support marathon event. And probably will take it easy on hosting this weekend as I need to get LDP course 5 done. :)

NinaBee July 20th, 2021

@Hope I've taken frequent breaks and narrowed down my tasks to only the most necessary!

kindLemonade July 20th, 2021

@NinaBee

yay to self care 👌

onlylove00 October 11th, 2021

@Hope

To prevent burnout today, I cut myself short on my time talking to members and focussed on school work.

@Hope Today I plan to go to sleep instead of taking chats tonight or instead of doing another Guide. I really like the guides though! So much that I want to do, so little time when I have the energy for it... :( But I think that makes it even more important for me to get good sleep, so that I will have the energy to continue tomorrow. :)

gentleLight37 November 3rd, 2021

I have not been on 7 cups for several days. It was good to get a break.

gentleLight37 November 4th, 2021

I think I have spent a lot of time on 7 cups today. To be honest, I have been stressed about completing the internship requirements. I only recently realized that I had to decide on my electives by today! It was good for me to get some support in the listener sharing circle, though. That felt like good self care. It filled my cup back up. :)

love1717 November 9th, 2021

Today I took the day off from 7 cups and enjoyed my free time!

gentleLight37 February 17th, 2022

@love1717 Nice! :)

Katkat11 November 9th, 2021

What I have done is taken some time to re-charge after a hectic week.

Katkat11 November 9th, 2021

I have watched a couple episodes from my favorite show on my day off.

@Katkat11 That sounds like a great way to unwind. :) I like to do that to destress and take a break, too

Katkat11 November 16th, 2021

Today to prevent burnout I have given myself a day of self care! I am excited to do a hair mask later on today as a reward for doing everything I needed to do.

love1717 November 21st, 2021

Today I have given myself a break from member chats so I can work on my electives!

love1717 November 29th, 2021

To prevent from burnout, today I am taking one on one chats with breaks in between!

@love1717 Breaks are so important!

love1717 December 2nd, 2021

Today I prevented burn out by saying no to a task I didn’t want to do today bc of how busy I am.

@love1717 It's good to know your limits

Margiewm December 6th, 2021

Hi everyone. Decided this morning to make another cup of tea and just sit and look out my window at the trees for 15 min. Reminded myself everything I needed to do would still be there and I am worth 15 min of calm. I hope you are all having a good day.

@Margiewm That sounds beautiful <3 You are worth spending time on!

rrretsuko January 15th, 2022

@Hope today, i've prevented burnout by taking a break from the site when i needed to do something very important to take care of myself <3 i did not take anymore chats even if i felt the urge to :)

@rrretsuko Wow, good for you! :) I know that that urge to take on more chats can be quite strong sometimes... nice job taking care of yourself and maintaining your boundaries.

spongbobishappy January 25th, 2022

@Hope

I have reduced the number of times per day that host the sharing circle for more than an hour.

rosebeinghappy18 January 29th, 2022

@Hope

I have done a little bit of meditation, tried to talk in a community, and tried to understand that I struggle to talk and make friends and that in maximum times I turn out to be a people-pleaser and so get ignored.