Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

Margiewm January 29th, 2022

Was online less today to give myself a little break and just focus on me

discreetNickel1759 February 3rd, 2022

I have done self care activiites consistently this week

LittleBirdie30 March 7th, 2022

@Hope I took a long rest today <3

Nightfrost March 20th, 2022

@Hope

I take a walk outside for a rest. And I share my feelings in Sharing Circle.

Jolajide March 20th, 2022

Crying

colourfulVision12 April 4th, 2022

I did some mindfulness and decided to disconnect to practice self care activities @Hope

ListeningLala April 13th, 2022

@Hope

Focusing on taking care of my body today. Will practice yoga later and also taking most of the afternoon off from 7 cups.

gratefulalive April 13th, 2022

@Hope Today I took a coloring break. It's something I loved as a child and decided to do it again as an adult. It is so fun and relaxing.

_1649886395.IMG_9688.JPG

joyousHeart1642 June 15th, 2022

I have decided to take a self-care break today from replying to member after spending 5 days consecutively in doing so😊

SirenOfSerenity June 23rd, 2022

@Hope

I spent less time speaking with members today once I see they have reached their own mental resolution

rae723 June 23rd, 2022

@Hope

I watched some of my favourite anime under a cozy blanket! :)

Marie7cups June 27th, 2022

@Hope

I made sure to spend some time out of the house. I also got plenty of sleep and worked on a few crafts .

BrightandGentleHand August 9th, 2022

Pinning down an issue is a bit of a struggle for me. Sometimes I don't really realize that a member is already abusive until about 30 minutes or so later. Realizing this, I tried to apply what was recommended in the forums and I think I am doing better.

Mercutio7 August 11th, 2022

@Hope

I completed my listener verification today so I am now going to take a break to do my hobbies before I do any other chatstoday.

Mercutio7 August 13th, 2022

@Hope

I have continued my break from chats today and focused on completing other areas of my internship for 7 cups.

Anxin August 13th, 2022

@Hope

I chat and help people on 7 cups if I'm exhausted by school work or just don't wanna do it

TheAlchemist1111 September 17th, 2022

@Hope

I take chats for a certain amount of time each and if the time exceeds i schedule it for next day or say them to connect to other listeners.I take breaks after chats.

I do take one to two days off each week.

versatileLily7902 November 7th, 2022

@Hope

To prevent burnout I went to bed earlier and woke up refreshed the next day and finished the task I needed to do for school

versatileLily7902 November 7th, 2022

@Hope. I took care of myself and went for a drive to take a break from never ending amounts of school work

Overthinker13579TU November 7th, 2022

@Hope

Reduced my time for requests to focus on my online course

serenity4ever1987 December 13th, 2022

I politely referred member to znkghet listener since I was triggered by his issues. It wasn't easy

serenity4ever1987 December 13th, 2022

I politely referred a member to znkghet listener since I was triggered by his issues. It wasn't easy

resourcefulMirage2502 December 24th, 2022

@Hope I’m going to finish this post, then I’m going to take a break from 7 Cups for the day. I’m gonna drink water and get ready to sleep.

TheFantasticPengua January 3rd, 2023

@Hope I've been working on my math all day today and putting 7 Cups 2nd.

CallumCares421 January 4th, 2023

I took some time this morning to walk to a coffee shop instead of being on cups as I usually do.

purplelady568 January 7th, 2023

@Hope

What have you done to prevent burnout today?

Today, I made myself slow down. I turned off my computer and did not reply to any messages until the afternoon, because I had other priorities in the morning.I have learned that it is perfectly acceptable to say "no".

Last month, I took a 10-day break around the holidays, in order to relax and spend extra time with relatives. I let long-term members know the dates I would be away, and posted on my profile that I was unavailable until XX date.

janewayalpha1 January 13th, 2023

I've started taking multiple self-care breaks from 7 Cups. I feel this is needed for myself because I was once very hooked to this platform and sort of made it my personal mission to be as helpful and dedicated as I could. But now I need to take time for me and make sure that I'm okay before I ever give myself fully to anyone else's needs. I need to nurture my own and this is my time to do that.

miraculousSnow1503 February 6th, 2023

@Hope Pet therapy! Specifically dogs!

miraculousSnow1503 February 6th, 2023

@Hope Looked out the window of the train instead of working.

purplelady568 February 6th, 2023

I stopped answering emails as soon as I left work today!

And I ate a yummy dessert after dinner.

greatfulArtlover7425 February 7th, 2023

@Hope I only take a very few chats at a time now, and learn more after each chat. Keeps it mellow for me.

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 8th, 2023

I am retired I have lots of balance in my life in regard to 7 cups. It’s important to enjoy your time here and not get overwhelmed . 💕

SunShineAlwaysGrateful February 8th, 2023

Balance always here on cups and self care .. I am retired so I do have time for all . 💕

calmingsun111 March 5th, 2023

@Hope I did yoga and meditation, I am doing my duties in a slow pace today since it is weekend.

:)

FeureVox March 13th, 2023

@Hope

I spent more time getting to know more about the causes of Burnouts, avoiding them positively and staying healthy mentally.

Imperfect6 March 18th, 2023

I use to chewing a chewing gum haha

vivelespatates March 18th, 2023

Limit the frequency and duration of chats,

Select topics i take or not.

Being aware of my limits and boundaries and enforce them

Take time for self care, and being outside of 7cups

vivelespatates March 18th, 2023

self care

gentleWater9634 March 23rd, 2023

I cut my task I needed to do in half today. Time to relax between task.

RainbowRosie March 30th, 2023

I took some time for myself today. This morning I took my dogs out for a nice walk at a local beauty spot and then later met a friend for lunch. 🌹