Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Taking Care of Each Other - Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done today/recently to prevent burnout in a fellow community user?

This can look like:

• Encouraging self-care

• Reminding someone of the importance of boundaries

• Covering for someone so they can take a self-care break

NewYorker11 January 10th

@Hope

What have you done today/recently to prevent burnout in a fellow community user?

most recently, i had a chat with a member who was just coming off of a relationship break up and loss of work

i encouraged the member to remember that in time, this member will be able to overcome their stress and anxiety

i suggested to the member to practice good hygienics, exercise, reading, going outside for a walk now and again, keeping a journal, etc etc

Countrygirl095 February 19th

@Hope I love this path and I just wanna say I encourage everyone

sunnyKoala8176 February 20th

@Hope

I asked a friend how they were doing

4Jasmine February 24th

@Hope

There will be a time as my schedule permits, that I am happy to cover for someone else. 

TheOnlyChresser February 26th

Helping someone with setting boundaries.

ShadowFaerie April 16th

I reminded someone that self care is not selfish and is necessary for their well being and their ability to be there for others 

AskTara June 14th

@Hope I taught someone that it is okay to say no to more work when they are not feeling good and/or can't handle more tasks. 

positivelyLuna333 June 16th

@AskTara Setting boundaries is key!

positivelyLuna333 June 16th

@Hope I am honest with those around me on how I struggle with addiction to work, and how I overcome it and therefore prevent burnout. I think honesty invites relation, and planting seeds of healing and health can sprout in others. 

wannatalkaboutit June 19th

@Hope 

I have told another listener to reach out on the member account when they were feeling burnt out!

NeonDragon September 2nd

@Hope I've broke down the things I have to do into a list, and I started doing it little by little instead all at once, when I felt I'm getting a burnout, I took a break and continued later. Loving this thread, thank you!

WillingToHelpU Tuesday

I talked with a member about self-care and asked them what they found to be helpful and what actually helps them feel better