Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

Clarinet01 April 17th, 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've never thought to write to an online community before but I'd really appreciate some advice and support.

My Mum and her partner of 5 years broke up recently, and it's been really challenging. He wasn't my Dad.. he didn't have a title but he helped me learn how to cook, took an interest in what mattered to me and just listened sometimes.

My Mum has always been busy so it was nice to have an adult who cared. Mum cares too she's just had a lot on her plate with my brother, etc.

My problem is I don't know what normal is, and I fear my own partner will get sick of me because of my triggers. I'm constantly on edge and it's not him. He's lovely, most caring guy I know but it's still hard. I'm overwhelmed with emotions at the moment, work and school is stressful, I'm trying to look after Mum, and cope myself. It's a lot.

It's also sad because it felt like the first time in such a long time that I got to know what it was like to be in a family. I'm only 21 and I just feel weighted down and tired. There have been so many sad things over thr years and I just want it to stop, I want space to think, calm and not have life feel as hard as it has been

JessiePS April 18th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Hello i am new here but looking to talk to people and get a little help for myself too

Stressedtay April 18th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

hi my name is Taylor I have had a lot of relationships but still struggle how to navigate conflict

EchoicEternity April 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Hello! I’m new here. I’m trying to find a way to not mess up the way I always do with friendships and relationships. To not push away and distance myself from people who care. :)

ASilentObserver OP April 19th, 2023

@EchoicEternity Welcome to 7Cups Echo, I am Obs. Nice to meet you. It's wonderful that you want to build stronger connections. Focusing on listening, understanding others, and communicating openly can help. What do meaningful friendships look like for you?

Please know you are not alone here and we are all here with you to listen to and support

EchoicEternity April 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

For me, meaningful friendships look like two people who can trust each other, rely on the other person, and be honest with one another. I think meaningful friendships are like a symbiotic relationship, each person contributing something for the benefit of the other.

modestAvocado3109 April 19th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Hi I'm new looking for relationship advice.

Karisal April 22nd, 2023

Hello

Karisal April 22nd, 2023

Hi . Anyone here has ROCD with jealous issues ?

enthusiasticTriangle6009 April 24th, 2023

Hey, I'm Jen and I'm new to 7cups. I'm not extremely comfortable sharing my feelings and struggles, but I'm looking forward to trying.

lightVillage4319 April 25th, 2023

@ASilentObserver❤️

gentleheartlamb April 27th, 2023

gentleheartlamb here 40 year young in a struggling relationship

tidyCity7390 April 28th, 2023

Hey I’m new, and I’m just trying to understand how I can better myself for my relationship. I get mad so easily and it’s really ruining our communication.

Angelcatcat April 29th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

hey all call me angel r call me cat. Go through hard times with friends and just like to have other ppl to bounce stuff off of. Always willing to listen to others as well

decisivePear5343 April 29th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

princeminty April 29th, 2023

Hello im new here and just dont know what to do anymore with relationships

Sphumi08 April 30th, 2023

Hey guys.

I'm new this side and I can't wait to explore with everyone 💜

exuberantSky2669 May 3rd, 2023

Hi, I’m new here. I guess I’m just looking for advice or feedback.

Kiblii May 3rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver

limeBranch4279 May 3rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver

I am middle age, divorced abused, and cancer survivor. My ex is diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder. It's been four years since I left and I am finally in a position to look inward and without rancor address my own faults within the marriage. Determine my own boundaries - and lack of them for decades - and my lack of self-confidence.

I am - or will be in a few months - considering dating again. But now, I would like to think about what healthy relationships look like - how to address codependency - and shore up my confidence. I hope this community provides some insight. Thank you.

jetm0t0 May 4th, 2023

@ASilentObserverNew here. I have have been single for a very long time and I'm getting tired. My doctor says not to analyze my life right now, but it's hard. I just hate the dating system overall.

sympatheticWriter417 May 16th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Hello! I am new here. I am hoping to gain tools & understanding on how to deal with my husband's mental health disorders. We have been together 35 years. Half of those dealing with schizo-affective, depression, and a recent suicide attempt. Thank you for giving me a safe place to share.

ASilentObserver OP May 17th, 2023

@sympatheticWriter417 Welcome to 7Cups, Writer. Glad to have you here with us. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing. Coping with a loved one's mental health struggles can be very challenging. We are all here with you to listen to and support.

J822R May 23rd, 2023

New on here, trying anything, and feeling hopeless..... Hoping I'm wrong.

thefriendyouneverhad May 23rd, 2023

Hey everyone! I am new here. I look forward getting to know you all and I hope we can be of some help to each other.

OnlyDarkness May 23rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver Hey Silent, been married 23 years in October My wife tells me the other day that she was only happy for the first 3 years .And wanted a divorce but didn’t because of our 2 year old son. And that she was just a substitute teacher at the time.I’m going through a lot of medical issues and not working now .I found out a few days ago they denied my disability calm.So I’m pretty much useless and have no money or options to go anywhere else.

YourSafeSpace1 June 28th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Hi Friends, I'm here for almost a month now, and my journey so far has been good. It has been a rollercoaster transitioning from a member to listener back and forth. But so far it has overall been a positive journey. Thanks for making me a part of your large community and family. It seems like a very caring and compassionate community of kind hearted people. I would love to grow on here in my journey towards helping people and receiving help myself whenever needed.

thanks a lot for letting me be part of this big family!

RogueOne1983 July 11th, 2023

@ASilentObserver hi so surviving my 2nd marriage now I am sociopath expert on Quora???

Ran for my life two marriages. Happily married third is the best!!!

forcefulPeach4022 July 17th, 2023

@ASilentObserver hi I'm new here been with my boyfriend 2 years and he's stressing me out so much lately :(

RogueOne1983 July 17th, 2023

Hello Rogue here and my 2nd marriage in particular has gained me the dubious distinction of "sociopath expert" on Quora.

I survived he did not. Third and last marriage is the best!!

FinalGirl July 19th, 2023

0 Replies

Hi this is long fyi. Thank you in advance to anyone who is listening.

I am a two time domestic violence survivor raising my two boys with a loving and supportive partner (usually). The stress of a recent move to a new house has all my symptoms coming back in full force. I feel so dejected and hopeless. I also have been seeing more and more verbally aggressive (mean comments) and disrespectful behavior from my partner. I know it's related to the changes in my behavior, but honestly I don't think my behavior is that bad. I am terrified that his behavior will get worse. More and more he seems unable to empathize (or take seriously maybe? Or remember?) how serious the triggers are for me. A red flag is that he is also taking it personally. My triggers are causing him to become angry and hurt, saying things like, "I am not an abuser" or "I am not 'J or K'... you need to stop treating me like I am." Ironically, he has also yelled these things followed by door slamming, or yelling at me in front of the kids or with an open door where neighbors can hear. He has also been following me into rooms I have locked and expressly told him I need to be alone. He has said "NO" to this many times. What is going on. What do I do. I am very upset. This is a good man and great father and partner of four years, and these things are becoming more frequent. He is starting to look openly resentful of me at times, but I don't think he can tell the difference between me and my triggers. He has a history of intense verbal arguments with his ex, but I will not participate in "fights" like this. When I do get roped in, I feel sick (literally sick) for days afterwards sometimes. I'm pretty sure he resents this, too. Only when I end up breaking down crying does he show empathy (or maybe realize how bad it really is). This pattern is killing me. I have begged him to get individual therapy also for his increasingly intense reactions. I know they are linked to his past experiences and trauma dealing with his (definitely abusive and overbearing and loud) ex, and his mother, and his insecurities. He doesn't seem interested. He is focused on the problems emerging in the relationship. I think he believes that problem is me. He also is much kinder to me when I fall into depression. That worries me tremendously, causing more panic, withdrawal, and depression. One therapist, one time, told me she thought I was dysregulated (true at the time of the session, where I had not felt seen or heard on a specific topic and was very angry at the misrepresentation of facts). She observed that I was "elevated" (also true, but I am not the one screaming and slamming doors). Now he is using buzzwords to say that I am "elevated" or "dysregulated" when it is he that is. I do not feel that he can tell or is willing/able to tell the difference between garden variety gentle criticism or simple frustration and when I actually am scared or elevated. It has to do with the behavior he engages in. I want him to be able to understand that. Of course, that is another criticism. I feel like this is really bad. Yes, we are going to therapy again soon.

Am I doomed to repeat this pattern? Am I causing him to display this stuff? I am no angel, but I do not say or do the things he does. It is so sad. He is focused on my tendency to interrupt him (usually to correct facts, which are important) and now becomes FURIOUS when I do it. This was another thing the first therapist pointed out. He doesn't seem to be aware that he interrupts me constantly. Recently, he actually ORDERED me to do something. He wanted me to get in the car "immediately" to talk. This was after I had left from being yelled at unkindly, was followed into a room, he refused to leave, and threatened to end the relationship. In front of our kids. I told him calmly that I would not be able to do that. He repeated, but with "get in the car, NOW." I told him calmly never to speak to me again that way again. Im in full panic attack by now, holding back tears, trying to remain calm, which probably looks like indifference (it's extreme self protection, I fawn or freeze as it was usually the best tactic in the past).

I feel disrespected, because I am. Actions matter. I am not a doormat type personality, but I am a people pleaser. I've noticed people aren't very pleased when I am not 100% accommodating or friendly. Well, sometimes I am not "pleased." It seems less and less that anyone is going out of their way to accommodate me.

May I please have advice about creating and navigating healthy relationships with C-PTSD. Especially when they start to insult you and become impatient and cross boundaries.

I am in love with this man, and I don't know what to do. Maybe I am just hard to live with, but I honestly don't think so. I am also usually the one to keep everyone calm and diffuse situations. Ironic, considering I only really have those skills due to years of accommodating insidious manipulative abusers.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for listening

ImperfectlyLou August 10th, 2023

@FinalGirl I'm sorry but I don't have any tips or advice, I'm dealing with similar situation. But I want you to know that I read what you had to say, and I'm hear to listen more if you need me to

DagmarP July 19th, 2023

Hello. Im here because I am in a toxic relationship of 5 years and dont know how to get out I find myself constantly falling for the lies and giving another chance when I know things will not change.

ImperfectlyLou August 10th, 2023

@ASilentObserver really new here, I just downloaded the app not even 30 mine ago. I'm not sure exactly how this app works, or were to share and/or listen.

blindCupcake8608 August 13th, 2023

@ASilentObserver Hi. So like I was committed to my ex and things when began was so nice. We used to talk to each other almost everyday. Text each other all day. His 'I love you' felt so assuring then. But after a few months, I got assaulted by one of my classmates and couldn't complaint legally against it because my relationship would have been ruined if I did. But I told my teachers and they took no actions against it.

But since that incident my ex started drifting away from me I guess. He continued spending time with me but something just felt off. But I still ignored everything and continued the relationship with him. He never mentioned anything to me about that incident so I thought he moved on. But since then he wanted to be physically attached more. And yeah I did things with him because everyone says those are kinda normal between couples. But I never knew he used me forever :(
And he manipulated me every now and then, and still I didn't realise. Maybe I love him too much.
Well I had faults too. I'm an insecure type of person. So I always doubted him of having another girl besides me. Because he was really close with girls and flirt with them which really made me uncomfortable. And I mentioned this to him as well but he never stopped :((
And since we stopped meeting and those physical things stopped, he changed forever. He was never the same person I knew. But at our last meeting, he even gave me a gift. And him changing, felt so unreal therefore. And things went bad to worse and to worst as days passed.
Since the beginning of this year, like for 7 months I cried almost everyday and begged him to stay with me. Well he stayed but it was clear that he didn't want to. But I still tried to adjust as couldn't bring myself to think a life....a second without him!
But at last he left me finally for another girl he said he had a relationship with for a long time. Well firstly I believed that was a lie but it turned out to be true. His new girl even humiliated me in every way possible :) and therefore I finally decided to walk away even though it broke my heart every second and it still breaks into pieces as I'm writing this.
I've no friends and really felt overwhelming so I shared this here, in this amazing community. Thanks for listening :)

quickwittedTiger5150 September 2nd, 2023

Hello im new here, trying to help others, myself and my significant other work through things and get the right help needed.

RogueOne1983 September 3rd, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Happily married third marriage first two were major clunkers!

Lots to share hello!

Saly33 September 3rd, 2023
Hello soul friends I went through a harsh experience, I got to know a man, we fell in love with each other, and we felt harmony and understanding, as if we were made for each other... He is from one country and I am from another country. We agreed to marry and he gave me a date, but a hurricane happened and he could not travel, and we postponed the matter, and for the second time I told him that if you did not come, I would not continue with you, but on the same day there was a problem with my mobile phone, a virus, and I lost contact with him, and I have not memorized numbers for 3 years I don't know anything about him and he's thinking now that I changed my number... I was really angry with him but I don't want our relationship to end because we love each other very much and I want to be with him... I feel lonely and miss him so much, and I know that he misses me, but he is shy and hides his feelings. I am very sad and cannot start another relationship. I still love him...
decisivePlace3786 September 3rd, 2023

Hi there, I’m new here. I’ve not really been in much relationships, I’ve had quite a few situationships, it doesn’t last, it’s just 2 weeks, and I’m tired. It doesn’t last afterall lol.

I get easily irritated, I have quite a temper, I get obsessed for a few weeks and I just lose interest easily. I haven’t had sex yet though, I really don’t want to yet.

I have always yearned for a great relationship

egrima729 September 3rd, 2023

Hi, I'm new here.