Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

Quietone8717 February 9th, 2019

Hi, So I've never been in a true relationship in my life when it comes to the 'romantic' type, mostly because of my own emotional damage and fears, but I want to one day, but I know I need to get in a better place for that. I am hoping to find support in this because right now I am two halves battling, one side saying "forget ever meeting the right person so don't even try" and the other half saying, "You are worth more than you think, don't worry so much on the future and being hurt is apart of life"

I have cared for people but either wouldn't say anything until it was too late or would push them away until one or the other get hurt, but I also don't attract the best guys either and I think it's because of how I view myself. So yeah, I'm working on it, haven't had the best examples of healthy and positive relationships so I'm hoping someone out there has had them and give me some hope that I can have that too one day

ASilentObserver OP February 12th, 2019

@Quietone8717 I hear you Quiet. It makes sense and I appreciate you to join us and share your thoughts.

We all are here to support and listen to you. You are welcome to message me or any listener if there is anything you want to talk or discuss.

Fed80it February 9th, 2019

Hi everyone

I had few bad experiences and now I'm sure woman want relationship not for real love but for something in exchange in my cases:

Economic security

Successful sex

I'm feel so bad

Quietone8717 February 9th, 2019

@Fed80it

I am so sorry you have gone through such things, i really hope that you find the right person and happiness <3 we aren't all like that i promise

Fed80it February 12th, 2019

@Quietone8717

Thanks for kind words and support, I hope

I've nearly lost my faith in that

@Fed80it I am sorry to hear it Fed. We all are here to support and listen to you. You are welcome to message me or any listener if there is anything you want to talk or discuss.

Zombiekittykate February 11th, 2019

Hey there.

My names Kaitlin Im 21 years old and I just recently got broken up with my boyfriend of 3 years. My friends and family tell me he was abusive and that I should move on however he wants to be friends and possibly have a relationship in the future. He dumped me on Christmas because he said my mental health was too much to handle and that when I got better maybe hed be with me. The confusing thing is he still acts like my boyfriend and wants every privelage of being my boyfriend without having the commitment of being my boyfriend. He lies and changes stories all the time. He told me for those years I was crazy and making it up so I started writing down everything he said to me and referencing it later on and I could physically see the proof of him lying to me constantly. Now that I dont live with him anymore I feel depressed and confused and like I dont know who I am anymore.

@Zombiekittykate I am sorry to hear it Kaitlin. That was a lot to deal with. I think you made a good decision to separate as when someone cannot support you and accept who you are. There is no point in staying with them once you get better.

We all are here to support and listen to you. You are welcome to message me or any listener if there is anything you want to talk or discuss.

WishfulCrow February 12th, 2019

Hello, everyone. I'm WishfulCrow, I just signed up today.

I've got a handfull of good friends, but we've all moved away from eachother over the last few years so I no longer have any local ones, so it gets lonely at times.

Also as much as I'm looking forward to the day, I haven't found a romantic partner yet... I'm non-binary and asexual, as well as introverted, so that makes it hard. I haven't even had my first date yet, at 23.

Also, I have an online friend that I've been feeling lately might be bad for my mental and emotional health, but I'm not sure what to do about it... I'm very confused. I try to always be there for someone when they need me, but this is becoming too much.

I suppose I'm here to clear my head, maybe hear if anyone has any advice, and to meet some nice people. :3

@WishfulCrow We appreciate your presence in the community Wishful. Glad to have you here. We all are here to support and listen to you. You are welcome to message me or any listener if there is anything you want to talk or discuss.

peachymeech February 12th, 2019

Hey everyone!

i joined 7cups on February 11 2019 because I decided it was time to take control of my life again. With my dads passing in September 2018 I have unresolved emotions about our relationship. Growing up in foster care for 10 years I still feel the abandonment daily and struggle because I crave stability in every part of my life. These issues from the past affect my current life and relationships with my boyfriend , friends , and family. Hoping to find some healthy tools on this site to find some clarity and hope.

tommyasia2019 February 15th, 2019

Hi everyone. My name is ana.

saikiran7 February 17th, 2019

@tommyasia2019 Hi. im Tyson

tommyasia2019 February 21st, 2019

How are you

@saikiran7

AveryLove February 21st, 2019

@tommyasia2019 hey ana. welcome to our community. glad to have you!

tealPapaya2834 March 9th, 2019

@tommyasia2019

Hi I'm Skypony. How is everyone? I hope alright.

mija123 April 27th, 2019

@tommyasia2019 Hello ana :)

peachymeech February 19th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Hey everyone! New here! Looking forward to connecting and sharing useful tools to use in everyday life to help strengthen and build positive relationships in my life.

@peachymeech hey peach, glad to see you here and were happy to have you as part of our community!

tealPapaya2834 March 9th, 2019

@peachymeech ok

mija123 April 27th, 2019

@peachymeech Me too! I hope we get some good ideas:)

limeMoon6081 February 20th, 2019

Hello, Learning my way around this site. 40 something single parent, dealing with trust/forgiveness issues in my current relationship. Looking to connect with others that can offer support.

@limeMoon6081 hey lime. welcome to our community, glad to have you. were here to support you!

intuitiveJet138 February 21st, 2019

Hey everyone, Im new here and just checking it all out lol. Hoping to find some support, and offer it to others, as Im going through a rough time right now.

@intuitiveJet138 hey jet, welcome to our community, we are glad to have you heart we are here to support you through your ups and downs anytime.

oliveKite9728 February 21st, 2019

Hey, I

@oliveKite9728 heya ben! happy to have you in our community heart

fairmindedPineapple9693 February 26th, 2019

Hello. I'm Delise.

sunnyDay333 February 26th, 2019

Hi everyone. I'm new to 7cups and I'm already so grateful I've found this place.
I feel so scatterbrained and I'm not sure which forum(s) to start ..
I'm hopeful and optimistic that I can start on my path towards feeling better now that I'm here.. at the very least, it helps to know that I'm not alone..
Thanks, everyone!

ASilentObserver OP March 1st, 2019

@sunnyDay333 Glad to hear Sunny. Welcome to 7cups.

emotionalKiitten78 February 27th, 2019

Hi, is my first time in this app.

I live with my boyfriend and the relationship is so bad, we talk in a bad way, we shout, we insult...I know this have to end, but talking a about this with him after arguing is so complicated. We live in a horrible loop.

Im in the worse moment of my life. Besides, Im that type of person that doesnt know how to speak problems with my family or even with my friends, so they think that my relationship is so good, what gives me more fear.

Im really lost in this moment. Im living all this completely alone, in despite of the fact that im who decides to live it alone. On the other hand, i wish going to the psico

emotionalKiitten78 February 27th, 2019

Hello, it's my first time here.

I currently live with my boyfriend, but our relationship is very broken. We argue almost every day, we speak badly, we shout, we insult each other...I spend my days crying at the impotence of not seeing a solution and living the same situation every day.

I know it's not healthy and we should leave the relationship, but talking about it with him is very complicated, he is surprised about me wanting to leave the relationship and I end up looking like the bad girl of the movie: "He screwed up his life coming to live with me and I ended up throwing him out of the house .." so we never take the step.

Also, I am the type of person who hates to tell people their problems, I feel uncomfortable, as if I were going to tell them something they do not care about or something they can laugh at me about. Consequently, my family and friends believe that our relationship is good, and obviously, I am going through this completely alone.

I know I should stay with my friends, but it costs me a lot ... Although I would love going to the psychologist, because many times my mind exceeds the limit and I imagine a thousand horrible possibilities to end this situation , but it's too expensive (psychology)...

I know I'm going crazy, and I'm also afraid because the future will be worse .

inventiveBeechwood2605 February 27th, 2019

Hello everyone I

@inventiveBeechwood2605 I am sorry to hear it and I can understand how hard it is. We all are here to support you.

PurpleFairy7 February 28th, 2019

Hello :)

New here and on 7 Cups in general

@PurpleFairy7 Welcome Fairy, Glad to see you joined us. I am Obs, Nice to meet you <3

fairmindedZebra873 March 9th, 2019

@PurpleFairy7 hello, I am also new here.

AbbyHarris1976 March 18th, 2019

@bountifulHand44

I would like to welcome @bountifulHand44 to the Relationship and Friendship Support forum. smiley He is a listener here on 7 Cups and is a very kind, caring person who takes the listener role seriously, which I think is extremely important. He has been a very supportive friend to me also when I had been feeling depressed and helped to brighten my days again to get out of that depression.

As one of his listener categories, he listed breakups and since breakups are an end result of relationship stress, I think he will be a great contributor to this discussion board. yes

Let's give it up and hear it for bountifulHand44! smileyyes

bountifulHand44 March 18th, 2019

@AbbyHarris1976 😘💞💞💕💕💕💕💕

AbbyHarris1976 March 18th, 2019

@bountifulHand44

Yay! We got bountifulHand44 in the house! 🥳🥳🥳

Thank you so much for joining! 🙂😊