Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Amphios April 10th, 2018

Tinycupcake April 18th, 2018

@PolarLight I really like this one <3

Amphios April 18th, 2018

@Tinycupcake thank you!

virgo91200 April 10th, 2018

you already know the truth about who you are trust yourself

Amphios April 11th, 2018

empatheticrachel April 11th, 2018

Your mind is the heart and soul of our being

Amphios April 12th, 2018

Sometimes it's not the strength but gentleness that cracks the hardest shells. ~Richard Paul Evans

lovelyWhisper66 April 12th, 2018

Amphios April 14th, 2018

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone. - Ronald Reagan

GoalieAlicia April 23rd, 2018

@PolarLight

yes! That

incognitoknight0101 April 14th, 2018

we grow fearless when we do the things we fear - Robin Sharma

incognitoknight0101 April 14th, 2018

"There are no extra people alive today. Every single one of us is here for a reason, a special purpose—a mission. Yes, build a beautiful life for yourself and those you love. Yes, be happy and have a lot of fun. And yes, become successful, on your own terms rather than on those suggested to you by society. But—above all else—be significant. Make your life matter. Be of use. And be of service to as many people as possible. This is how each of us can shift from the realm of the ordinary into the heights of the extraordinary. And walk among the best who have ever lived." - Robin Sharma

lovelyWhisper66 April 14th, 2018

intellectualCake2979 April 22nd, 2018

@lovelyWhisper66,

Doesn't hurt to put an effort into achieving a goal,not just wait to be taken there,so agree totally!:)

MeaningfulSilence April 15th, 2018

Amphios April 16th, 2018

incognitoknight0101 April 16th, 2018

All you have to do is to pay attention; lessons always arrive when you are ready, and if you can read the signs, you will learn everything you need to know in order to take the next step -- Paolo Coelho

Amphios April 18th, 2018

Were all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love. —Robert Fulghum

IndecisiveClementine186 April 18th, 2018

Life isn

Tinycupcake April 18th, 2018

Once you choose hope, anything is possible.

Christopher Reeve

lovelyWhisper66 April 22nd, 2018

"Take pride in doing good deeds-even if they go unseen"

Noctis Lucis Caelum, Final Fantasy XV: Assassin's Festival

Amphios April 23rd, 2018

piercetheaiden April 28th, 2018

@PolarLight

I love these quotes!heart

GoalieAlicia April 23rd, 2018

MollyxD April 25th, 2018

"Always believe in yourself, no matter what."

Amphios April 25th, 2018

Your mental illness is lying to you! You are not ugly, you are not stupid, you are not weak and you are not alone. You are worthy of recovery!

Amphios April 26th, 2018

"The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long."

Amphios April 27th, 2018

Amphios April 27th, 2018

Amphios April 29th, 2018

NavyGrapes9755 April 30th, 2018

I collect quotes, but this one's my absolute favorite. The Man in the Arena

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

Amphios May 1st, 2018

I am thankful for my struggle, because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled upon my strength -Alexandra Elle

Amphios May 1st, 2018

No more sitting around fantasizing, its time to go after the dream and make it happen.

— Affirmation of the day.

Selfcareandhardwork1000 May 8th, 2018

@PolarLight thanks

Amphios May 2nd, 2018

H.O.P.E.= Hold On Pain Ends

Amphios May 3rd, 2018

heart

CasperMom731 May 4th, 2018

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. -Audrey Hepburn

CasperMom731 May 4th, 2018

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. -Audrey Hepburn

Reader0807 May 4th, 2018

This one always reminds me to stay in the moment. He's talking about one of his psychothapy clients:

... Sooner or later she had to give up the hope for a better past.

Irvin D. Yalom, Staring at the Sun: Overcoming the Terror of Death

Amphios May 6th, 2018

Change is a good thing