Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

kindHoney36 December 8th, 2017

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have the right to be here

-Sylvia Plath

greenSea8391 December 8th, 2017

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations".

amusingShade1270 December 9th, 2017

"happiness can be found even in the darkest of times only if one remembers to turn on the light"

~Jk Rowling

wonderousBlueberry4 December 11th, 2017

Fear only makes the wolf stronger.

savethebees40 December 13th, 2017

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. ~ Maya Angelou

MidnightSerendipity December 14th, 2017

She conquered all her demons and wore her scars like wings.

-Atticus

sincereEast4964 December 17th, 2017

I am what I think

My life is shaped and formed

By what I tell myself

Who I am in the world

Is who I think I am

What I have in the world

Is what I think I can have

The contents of my mind

Are what I choose

I discard, cut out, drop

That which doesn

greenSea8391 December 17th, 2017

"Stars can't shine without darkness."

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday."

"Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it."

-Mahatma Gandhi-

amazingApple61 January 2nd, 2018

@greenSea8391

"Strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

-Mahatma Gandhi-

KingAaron84 December 17th, 2017

The greatest pleasure in life is knowing that your blessed beyond measure and can be a blessing just the same way your blessed.

Spacegrey December 18th, 2017

People will believe anything as long as it's a compliment. -Phoebe Buffay

December 27th, 2017

Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise ~ Sigmund Freud

MindyLove December 31st, 2017
BellaBG January 1st, 2018

Not sure if it necessarily counts as positive but it always stays with me in relationships, work etc (though I don't always act on it!)

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results' - Albert Einstein

Sunshine8293 January 6th, 2018

Just like any project, you have to tear it down to its core then rebuild. The same goes for you. You are being brought to your core so you can become even more beautiful, stronger, and truly amazing.

PerfectStorm426 January 8th, 2018

@CrazyMoyashi good one moyashi. Except when i dance in the storm, i always get hit by lightning lol

softstrawberry January 13th, 2018

"stay afraid, but do it anyway. what's important is the action. you don't have to wait to be confident. just do it and eventually the confidence will follow." - carrie fisher

Kickingkaas January 15th, 2018

Everybody's a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life thinking that it is stupid

joyousTime89 January 15th, 2018

The word appreciate has two meanings. The first meaning is ‘to be thankful, the second meaning is ‘to increase in value. Combined, these two meanings point to a truth that has been proved repeatedly in research on gratitude: when we appreciate the good in our lives, the good grows and we have more of it. The opposite, sadly, is also true: when we fail to appreciate the good—when we take the good in our lives for granted—the good depreciates.

~ Tal Ben-Shahar smiley

BellaCuddles20 January 18th, 2018

"Your Mental Health is more important than the test, the meeting, the interview, the date, the family reunion, the game, the recital, the grocery-run. Take Care of Yourself."

~Your well wisher

Jennifer164 January 18th, 2018

My favorite one so far:Image result for uplifting quotes

CareNow January 25th, 2018

Learning or experiencing something new maybe intimidating at first. But take it one layer at a time. Eventually the layers of learning will stack up thick and huge. That is what learning is. Always take one small step at a time.

SylvanGrantaire January 25th, 2018

"You are a human Being, not a human Doing."

Oftentimes, we judge ourselves based on what we can do - external markers of success. When in reality, we sometimes just need to sit back and rest knowing our worth is inherent. God loves everyone regardless of what we do. You are loved for you yourself. :)

impartialBirch1435 January 25th, 2018

Glass half empty, glass half full, either way you won't be going thirsty.

-Lauren Aquilina

CareNow January 26th, 2018

Never feel intimidated to learn something new. Grab a very thin layer of information. Stack them up ever so slowly. One day you realized you have built a mountain.

azureStrawberries7863 January 27th, 2018

We are all kintsuge - things that have been broken or damaged, but the ‘scars

guptalord January 31st, 2018

the begining of a thousand miles begins with a single ste-

-Lao Tzu

brightMelon7624 January 31st, 2018

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

-JK Rowling, Order of the Phoenix

(I think it's OoTP but I'm not sure don't yell at me if I'm wrong ok)

Why blend in when you were born to stand out?

- Dr. Seuss

"Your pants are never too tight if you don't wear any"

- anonymous

Hopeful82 February 4th, 2018

@brightMelon7624

Love it, lol.

I have no special talent I am only passionately curious.

- Albert Einstein

February 1st, 2018

JayMichele56 February 1st, 2018

Self-care is so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.

~Eleanor Brown

SpruceRaven February 2nd, 2018

@JayMichele56 very true. Here's to all tthe empty cups out there! May you replenish yourselves soon!

guptalord February 2nd, 2018

those who win are not always strongest but the ones who never give up when they lose

guptalord February 2nd, 2018

love yourself then only you can love others