Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

TransSammy February 3rd, 2018

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkst of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Xtina2121 February 4th, 2018

"Do what you have to do, until you can do what you want to do" - Oprah

February 4th, 2018

RideaRainbow February 18th, 2018

@essdee

So true...

GrahamBarroneICHP February 5th, 2018

Do not wait: the time will never be 'just right'. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along.

Napoleon Hill

This quote is a classic in the personal development world but it has always resonated with me. Instead of action, anxiety and fear will often keep us safely dreaming of our goals without setting one foot towards them. And whilst dreaming of our goals is no bad thing, not taking action to achieve them, is.

"The time will never be just right" Next week will not be a better time, tomorrow will not be a better time. Now is the only moment we will only ever have and the opportunity to heal is ever present.

"Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along. Baby step or hop, skip and jump your way into your goals. Yet make your goals realistic so that you can taste success. Hourly, Daily, weekly, monthly or yearly, make them realisitc and build a history of tiny success stories behind you. No matter how tiny they may appear to be each success will strengthen you and give you skills to develop new strengths and new skills. Onwards and forwards.

g

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Xtina2121 February 6th, 2018

"Depression and anxiety can't fit in your head if you're cultivating feelings of joy and inspiration."

-Austin Butler

cartoonsleeves February 8th, 2018

I sit before flowers

Hoping they will train me in the art

Of opening up

I stand on mountain tops believing

That avalanches will teach me

to let go

I know nothing,

But I am here to learn

-shane koyczan

Spacegrey February 12th, 2018

The sweet is never as sweet without the sour. -Brian (Vanilla sky)

SilentMoon1089 February 13th, 2018

I have this tattooed on my hand. Read it regularly to remind myself:

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

-samuel beckett

Also love this one:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we our powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

<3

funfettifrosting February 13th, 2018

just when the caterpillar thought it was over he became a butterfly

whats chaos for the fly is normal for the spider

wake up with determination go to bed with satisfaction

wonderingsoul95 February 15th, 2018

The only way out is through.

Zeraphim February 15th, 2018

The skills you learn as you cope with various symptoms of mental health disorders will stay with you and strengthen you throughout your life, the more you practice them. You're building yourself up for the long term when you choose in this moment to practice a healthy coping method or use a therapeutic skill you've learned.

Robunzel February 16th, 2018

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

~Gandhi

Robunzel February 16th, 2018

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

~Albert Einstein.

amethystfeather0207 February 17th, 2018

Amphios February 17th, 2018

Be the reason someone believe in goodness of people. heart

Amphios February 18th, 2018

Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Amphios February 19th, 2018

heavenlyEnergy33 February 19th, 2018

heartYou can mimic results.....

But you can never mimic creativity...

Be you... be original...heart

TheZu February 19th, 2018

"If you want to be a rebel, be kind." ~ Pancho Ramos Stierle

Let's all be rebellious towards our dark sides =]

secretForest2780 February 19th, 2018

lovelyWhisper66 February 19th, 2018

plumField5702 February 19th, 2018

For what its worth... its never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. Theres no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things youve never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life youre proud of, and if youre not, I hope you have the courage to start over again. -F. Scott Fitzgerald

intellectualCake2979 February 23rd, 2018

@plumField5702,

Wow,great quote!

plumField5702 February 23rd, 2018

@intellectualCake2979 Thank you. That's my favorite one.

Robunzel February 20th, 2018

"Nothing destroys self-worth, self acceptance and self-love faster than denying what you feel. Without feelings, you would not know where you are in life. Nor would you know what areas you need to work on. Honor your feelings. Allow yourself to feel them."

~Iyanla Vanzant.

Amphios February 20th, 2018

Amphios February 21st, 2018

SadyaKarni22 February 21st, 2018

Once it may even be beyond your imagination.

But never your capacity.

-Sadya Karni

#TrustYourself #BelieveInYou #BeyondYourImaginations #WillPower #YouCanDoIt #SadyaKarni

Amphios February 22nd, 2018

The Only Limit To Our Realization Of Tomorrow Will Be Our Doubts Of Today.- Franklin D. Roosevelt

rebecca947 February 22nd, 2018

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day, you'll look back and realise they were the big things."

RobynAllardLMFT February 22nd, 2018

For the past few days I've been really captivated by the life of Fred Rogers aka Mr. Rogers. I came across this quote the other day and it felt appropriate to share here with this lovely community, especially in light of all the scary news that surrounds us these days:

"When I was a boy and would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'"

Amphios February 23rd, 2018

@RobynAllardLMFT Nice, thank you for sharing with us heart

Amphios February 23rd, 2018

Amphios February 24th, 2018

The worst words you can say are, "I just wish I had..." Push yourself to do what you hope to do so you will never have to regret not having tried.

Amphios February 25th, 2018

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.Frank Herbert, Dune

Amphios February 26th, 2018

Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you

orangeDime1609 February 26th, 2018

"I'm my closest friend, I remind myself again;

Better treat her well, cause she's with me till the end "

Amphios February 27th, 2018

You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. ~Rabindranath Tagore

Amphios February 28th, 2018

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity ~Albert Einstein