Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Amphios March 1st, 2018

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

Amphios March 2nd, 2018

lovelyWhisper66 March 2nd, 2018

Amphios March 3rd, 2018

"It always seems impossible until, it's done" ~Nelson Mandela

Robunzel March 3rd, 2018

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall."

~Confucius

Amphios March 4th, 2018

"And why do we fall, Bruce?" "So we can learn to pick ourselves up" ~Thomas Wayne

lovelyWhisper66 March 4th, 2018

"Great leaders inspire greatness in others" Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Robunzel March 4th, 2018

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."

~Winston Churchill.

Amphios March 5th, 2018

"Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitable bring about right results."

James Allen

lovelyWhisper66 March 5th, 2018

Amphios March 6th, 2018

Amphios March 7th, 2018

lovelyWhisper66 March 7th, 2018

PhoenixRises12345 May 8th, 2018

Sometimes life is like this tunnel.

You cant always see the light at the end of the tunnel,

but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place.

—Iroh from Avatar the Last Airbender

xxSensitiveSoulxx March 8th, 2018

One kind word can change someone

SEndicottLPCC March 8th, 2018

lovelyWhisper66 March 8th, 2018

"We cannot choose the history we inherit. But we can choose what lessons we draw from it, and use those lessons to chart our own future."
Barack Obama

Robunzel March 8th, 2018

"Obstacles do not have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Fight until you find a way to either climb it, break through it, or perhaps work around it altogether."

~Michael Jordan.

lovelyWhisper66 March 9th, 2018

Robunzel March 10th, 2018

"You can determine how confident people are by listening to what they don't say about themselves."

~Brian G. Jett.

lovelyWhisper66 March 11th, 2018

Avaray March 17th, 2018

@lovelyWhisper66

Robunzel March 11th, 2018

"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, yet fighting when you know you can lose."

~Thomas Krause.

operationfreedom March 11th, 2018

Your true expertise will probably be in an area where you are most troubled. Your mission is to learn how to deal with your struggles so you can be a light for others.

Start learning about the things you are most interested in, instead of what others have said you should be interested in.

Start getting to know yourself now.

Start looking for answers to your big questions.

Start separating yourself from the crowd, instead of trying to impress others.

Dont let a lack of appreciation for what you have and a lack of mindfulness for the present moment cause you to be too focused on the future and the things other people have that you dont. Dont let the stress of what you dont have destroy what you do have.

Remember to do what brings you peace.

Dont chase after what other people want, no matter how good they make it sound. Do what is important to you, even if others dont understand it. No matter what it is, you wont be alone, youll eventually find others who are like you and who will support you.

Dan Pedersen

ColorSplash March 11th, 2018

CitizenErazed March 12th, 2018

An Eye for eye makes whole world blind

- Mahatma Ghandhi -

Amphios March 12th, 2018

Robunzel March 12th, 2018

"Canine companions are an incredible source of inspiration. It is time we share their qualities of devotion, loyalty, selflessness, optimism and unconditional Love."

GuardianAngel247 March 15th, 2018

@Robunzel I love this quote! So true!

operationfreedom March 12th, 2018

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. — Eleanor Roosevelt

ColorSplash March 12th, 2018

Robunzel March 13th, 2018

"You are not defined by your Past. You are Prepared by your past."

~Joel Osteen.

Amphios March 13th, 2018

Robunzel March 14th, 2018

"Obstacles are barriers we see upon taking our eyes off our goal."

~E. Joseph Cossman.

fullm00n March 16th, 2018

Heal first, or else, you will destroy everything in your way.

lovelyWhisper66 March 17th, 2018

Avaray March 17th, 2018

@lovelyWhisper66

diligentPapaya7821 March 18th, 2018

Heres a rough paraphrase of a quote that really helped me:

The sooner you realize its never gonna be like it used to be, the better it is/the faster you move on.

Also, just remember: it could have been a lot worse.

I was really depressed because everything had gone downhill in almost every aspect of my life but then, the next year, I moved somewhere else and everything changed and everything was even worse than before. Thats when it hit me, I was depressed last year because everything was bad and I thought it couldnt be any worse, yet this year is even worse. So if I knew earlier that it could have been worse, I wouldnt have been that depressed. Idk if Im able to convey what I mean clearly but I tried. This has worked for me. I decided to be happy because well,it could have been worse so lets just be grateful about that. I made a choice, I chose to be happy. Its a choice you make, really. Being grateful really helps too. Be grateful about the smallest things you have in life. It really changes everything.

Winter700 March 18th, 2018

lovelyWhisper66 March 19th, 2018