Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

happySoul20 July 23rd, 2017

Image result for uplifting quotes chalk

Image result for uplifting quotes chalk

Image result for uplifting quotes

Image result for uplifting quotes

ShawnWilsonLCSW July 23rd, 2017

If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.

- Colin Powell

ShawnWilsonLCSW July 23rd, 2017

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

- Colin Powell

July 24th, 2017

ASilentObserver July 25th, 2017

SonicFox July 25th, 2017

Everybody wants happiness. Nobody wants pain. But you can never have a rainbow, without a little rain. (:

talktome610 July 27th, 2017

This is one of my favourites :-)

"For what it

MissCarla July 30th, 2017

This too shall pass.

When im going through a hard time I reflect that everything ends, as will this.

OrangeYouGlad68 July 31st, 2017

"A flower does not think of competing to a flower next to it, it just blooms."

himynameisadora August 7th, 2017

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

NourrirVotreAme August 7th, 2017

8Moonlight August 9th, 2017

PurpleSnowflake2310 August 9th, 2017

@8Moonlight

These are wonderful and meaningful life goals indeed. yes

OrangeYouGlad68 August 10th, 2017

"What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me."

Helen Keller

friendlyOcean26 August 18th, 2017

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

Eleanor Roosevelt

terrytee August 20th, 2017

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone." - Dumbledore

Selflove2 August 21st, 2017

You can't always be the smartest person in the room, but you can always be the most hardworking.

Selflove2 August 21st, 2017

Healing doesnt mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our life."

MinaCup August 21st, 2017

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade wink

LaniFlower11 August 28th, 2017

Never give up until life gives you reasons to.

Shine until you overshine the sun .

Reach the light in the darkest time.

ItsjustDenisse September 1st, 2017

IT WILL GET BETTER, BE PATIENT, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU

Darrah September 4th, 2017
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
plushJewel20 September 8th, 2017

Even when I fall and hurt, I keep running towards my dream

sparklyseaweed September 8th, 2017

Remember when it comes to healing there is no finishing line. Tonight we should allow ourselves time to heal at our own pace. A finishing line only inhibits us futher by forcing our healing as quick as possible. We need to understand that there is no quick fix. Each and every one of us heals in our own time. The textbooks can help guide, but never let yourself rush into things and sell your comfort. Healing should not be pressured. It's okay if it takes more than a year, half of a lifetime, the most important thing is that you are trying. Even when it feels like you're doing so little, even if somedays you do feel yourself falling back down into one of the darkest places, this doesn't mean you have lost, this doesn't mean you have failed, remember this. heart

MusicCandy September 9th, 2017

Here's a true story. Coming and going from the hospital where I work, I met a man who lives on the street with his dog. He is middle aged and the dog, Amanda rides in a doggie cart that he pulls with his bike. The man can't go to a shelter because of Amanda, no dogs - so he made the choice to get by with the help of strangers. One night it was cold and the man was outside the door of the hospital and I invited him into the lobby for a bowl of hot soup. He said he was about to go to a sheltered spot in the alley and curl up under cardboard and blankets, and that they would be OK. As he accepted the soup and crackers, he bowed his head and prayed silently. I still see the 2 every now and then but often it is just driving by and passing. Here comes the good part.

My daughter, 27 also lives in the neighborhood and she helps the man sometimes too. He is the gentlest, kindest person you would ever want to meet. My daughter saw him tonight and politely asked " What can I do for you?" He said"I need 13 dollars for a bus ride. she said, I'll do you one better. She went to the ATM, got a 20 and gave it to him and said " My Mom, (she mentions my name) would want you to have this, its her birthday." He started crying then and said "Please tell --- ( my name) that I remember her and tell her Happy Birthday for me. You are just like your mother. " It is a warm night here and the weather will be OK for sleeping outside. I pray no harm comes to him and Amanda as they occupy the same earth we all walk on, in different ways.

DeborahUK September 13th, 2017

@MusicCandy

This is lovely. Your daughter sounds like a credit to you. Belated happy birthday wishes 🎉

aluminum1azalea September 9th, 2017

"tthis the part where you find out who you are"

Panther2 September 11th, 2017

For those who are sad may they find happiness. For those who are depressed may they find hope. For those who are in the dark may they find light. For those who are angry may they find peace. For those who are hurt may they find love. And for those who are lost may they be found and guided

exquisiteWind75 September 12th, 2017

Everything happens for a reason!

exquisiteWind75 September 12th, 2017

Every storm has to pass

MorsVicta September 12th, 2017

"Life is hard, it does not pamper anybody, and for every time it strokes you it gives you ten blows. Become accustomed to that soon, but don't let it defeat you. Decide to fight. Have courage and clear goals and you will win over life."

Milada Horáková - http://chnm.gmu.edu/wwh/p/230.html

Hopefully somebody didn't post this one already.

bubbleChestnut3363 September 13th, 2017

"I gave myself permission to feel and experience all of my emotions. In order to do that, I had to stop being afraid to feel. In order to do that, I taught myself to believe that no matter what I felt or what happened when I felt it, I would be okay." Iyanla Vanzan

"In an ideal world no would talk before 10:00 AM, everyone would just hug, because waking up is really hard." ~Zoey Deschanel

PolyPanPanda September 13th, 2017

Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game. ~A Cinderella Story (Movie)

SammyLouise September 13th, 2017

RideaRainbow September 13th, 2017

" Be the change u want to bring about in the world ", Gandhi

I have many favorites but this one is my all time favorite and the one I practice the most in my life !

Elle789 September 13th, 2017

You could do anything. You could rattle the stars. If only you dare

No one is your master. But you might be master of everything. If you dare.

comfortableMoment03 September 13th, 2017

A tired bird landed on a branch. The bird rested, enjoying the view from the branch and the protection it offered from dangerous animals. Just as the bird became used to the branch and the support and safety it offered, a strong wind started blowing, and the tree swayed with such intensity that it seemed the branch would snap in half.

But the bird was not worried for it knew two important truths. The first truth – even without the branch it was able to fly, and thus remain safe through the power of its own two wings. The second truth – it also knew that there are many other branches upon which it can temporarily rest.

This small story tells us a lot about our own self-confidence and courage. We are capable of so much more than we realize in everyday life, and when we can just release our grasp on the physical structures that hold us to the ground, then we start to understand just how far we can fly under our own power.

Throughout the forests of our own lives there are many so-called branches and trees on which we rely on. And while sometimes we do need recovery and shelter, we can also learn as we grow that these sources of safety do not always last – what is really lasting and permanent rests within us, in the form of positive self esteem and belief in our own unique abilities.

http://inspiringshortstories.org/believe-in-yourself/