Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Melly718 April 24th, 2015

?It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.?
― Lou Holtz

?It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.?
― Vincent van Gogh

?Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.?
― Thomas Jefferson

?You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.?
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

?Love is the absence of judgment.?
― Dalai Lama XIV

Amazing235 April 28th, 2015

THANK YOU FOR POSTING ALL THESE GREAT QUOTES :) YOU ARE AWESOME

?The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.?
― Vince Lombardi

?Instead of focusing on how much you can accomplish, focus on how much you can absolutely love what you?re doing.?
Leo Babauta

?stand often in the company of dreamers: they tickle your common sense & believe you can achieve things which are impossible.?
― Mary Anne Radmacher

DianaPrince April 24th, 2015

Inhale the future, exhale the past 😘

?The trouble is if you don?t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.?
― Peter Shaffer, Five Finger Exercise: A Play

?People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.?
― Carlos Ruiz Zaf, The Shadow of the Wind

?Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them.?
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

?Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you get for it, but what you become for it. Shake things up today! Be You...Be Free...Share.?
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

?Friends are the family you choose (~ Nin/Ithilnin, Elven rogue).?
― Jess C. Scott, The Other Side of Life

?Do the kind of things that come from the heart, When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious, you won't be longing for somebody else's things. On the contrary, you'll be overhelmed with what comes back?
― Morrie Schwartz

?Live the moment. Cherish the present. Anticipate the future. Frame the yesteryear?
― Hlovate, Contengan Jalanan

"Just because things hadn't gone the way I had planned didn't necessarily mean they had gone wrong.?
― Ann Patchett, What now?

rn2011 April 24th, 2015

Love this

?In breaking away from the familiar and the expected, you'll be forced and privileged to face greater challenges, learn harder lessons, and really get to know yourself.?
― Kelly Cutrone, If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You

?... I discovered life sometimes has a way of giving you what you need, but not in the form you expect.?
― Lisa Kleypas, Sugar Daddy

?Enjoy every bit of your life to the fullest. Your compromises and sacrifices will be rewarded.?
Santosh Kalwar

?The formula of life is simple. It is the formula of giving - giving courage, attention, peace, love and comfort to yourself and the society.?
― Amit Ray, Nonviolence: The Transforming Power

?It is a huge danger to pretend that awful things do not happen. But you need enough hope to keep going. I am trying to make hope. Flowers grow out of darkness.?
― Corita Kent

?Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there?
― Zig Ziglar

RavenousSoul April 25th, 2015

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

This quote is very special to me, as it was the opening to my college valedictorian speech.

Bluejellybeans April 25th, 2015

With out music life would be a mistake

thefallenONE April 26th, 2015

Faith is like WiFi, it's invisible, but it has the power to connect you to what you need. - Anon.

DianaPrince April 26th, 2015

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations ❤️ just keep swimming xoxo

erydia April 26th, 2015

?I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.?
―Thomas A. Edison

erydia April 26th, 2015

?This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.?
―Marilyn Monroe

halcyonSea12 April 26th, 2015

"Regret hurts far worse than fear."

Blabla06 April 26th, 2015

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

nina50 April 26th, 2015

You cannot appreciate happiness if you have never known pain

Jenna April 27th, 2015

We should give as we would receive, cheerfully, quickly, and without hesitation; for there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers.-Seneca

Sherl April 27th, 2015

" the bravest are the tenderest. The loving are the daring." Henry wads worth Longfellow

CarryOn99 April 27th, 2015

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

Mogie April 28th, 2015

We do what we must, because we can.

Melly718 April 28th, 2015

"The trouble is if you don?t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.?
― Peter Shaffer, Five Finger Exercise: A Play

Melly718 April 28th, 2015

?We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.?
― Santosh Kalwar, Quote Me Everyday