Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Melly718 April 28th, 2015

?People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.?
― Carlos Ruiz Zaf, The Shadow of the Wind

?Hiding how you really feel and trying to make everyone happy doesn't make you nice, it just makes you a liar.?
― Jenny O'Connell, The Book of Luke

?It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.?
― Anonymous, The Bhagavad Gita

?Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you get for it, but what you become for it. Shake things up today! Be You...Be Free...Share.?
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

?Certain things in life simply have to be experienced -and never explained. Love is such a thing.?
― Paulo Coelho, Maktub

?Be comforted, dear soul! There is always light behind the clouds.?
― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

??Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning... Anyone can start over and make a new ending.?
― Chico Xavier

?Life is choosing whom and what you love. Everything else follows.?
― Todd Johnson

?You will never know what you are doing until and unless you have done it.?
― Santosh Kalwar

?Our eyes tell us what we want to believe, but our heart tells us only the simple truth?
Karla M. Nashar, Bellamore A Beautiful Love To Remember

?Depression exist without you knowing it, even denying it. It is not an illusion. You don't even know you're in it. It takes awhile before you realize it. If you deny it, it means your still in there or else you won't talk about your misery and the dramas in your life.?
― Ann Marie Aguilar

?I won't cry because it came to an end, but I will smile because it happened?
― Karla M. Nashar, Bellamore A Beautiful Love To Remember

?Fall in love.. that is fine, but just make sure you fall deep enough to stay there forever.?
― Ram Mohan

?Every game is winnable if you change your mind about what the prize should be and your perspective about the players at the table.?
― Shannon L. Alder

?Life is just mirrors and misunderstandings.?
― Caedem Marquez

?The world is before you, and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in.?
― James Baldwin

?If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself.?
― Charles M. Schulz

?You have to live your life and not count on things being there tomorrow or the next day.?
― Tere Michaels, Love & Loyalty

?It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...?
― Solange nicole

halcyonSea12 April 28th, 2015

If you love yourself, chances are others will love you also.

SilentGirl2438 April 29th, 2015

I don't have friends, I have family~ The Fast and the Furious (Vin Diesel a.k.a Dom)

Melly718 April 29th, 2015

?Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.?
― Albert Einstein

?Be the change that you wish to see in the world.?
― Mahatma Gandhi

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.?
― Margaret Mead

?We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.?
― May Sarton

?May you live every day of your life.?
― Jonathan Swift

?A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.?
― Albert Einstein

?Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.?
― Isaac Asimov, Foundation

?Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.?
― Frank Zappa

?Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.?
― Benjamin Spock

?The trouble is you can shut your eyes but you can?t shut your mind.?
― Terry Pratchett, Wintersmith

?Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here.?
― Leo Tolstoy

?Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still.?
― David Foster Wallace, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men

?I am my world.?
Ludwig Wittgenstein

?One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, and compassion?
Simone de Beauvoir

?Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.?
RenDescartes

?The man who alters his way of thinking to suit others is a fool.?
― Marquis de Sade, Justine, Philosophy in the Bedroom, and Other Writings

?Reality is harsh. It can be cruel and ugly. Yet no matter how much we grieve over our environment and circumstances nothing will change. What is important is not to be defeated, to forge ahead bravely. If we do this, a path will open before us.?
― Daisaku Ikeda

April 29th, 2015

There are things you would love to hear that you would never hearfrom the personyou would like to hear it from. But don't be so deaf as not to hear it from the one who says it from their heart.

?You have to salvage what you can, even if you're the one who buried it in the first place.?
― Kelly Link, Pretty Monsters: Stories