Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Misty's Hobby Journal!

MistyMagic August 16th, 2022

Misty's Adventures in HobbyLand!

⭐️ Hey Everyone! ⭐️

Misty Here!

I thought it might be nice if we all started a 'Hobby Journal' thread and wrote about our hobbies and what we are doing, creating, growing, designing etc.

So please start your own thread and lets journal our hobbies together! Here's the sub-forum link

I am going to try and keep a 'Hobby Journal' thread here, and share with you all about my hobbies and how they are going!

First off is my painting. 🎨

I recently was gifted some Inktense paints- these are permanent watercolor paints and once on the paper they are there forever! The colors are so bright and pretty and they are great for adding depth to normal watercolor paintings. I'm getting better at painting slowly, but I find it really soothes me and makes me focus on the paint and water.

I sent in a watercolor painting birthday card of seven daisies for the 7 Cups 7th Birthday party, so here is that.

_1660650519.The 7th Daisy.jpg

I used some metallic paints too and it was great fun to make it glow.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

MistyMagic OP December 13th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 my holiday got cancelled at the last minute so all my preparations went to waste, but hopefully next year I can plan again :) Hope you are well!

MistyMagic OP December 13th, 2022

So we are having heavy frost and ice here and I left one of my spider plant pots outside and half of it froze, I have brought it inside and trimmed it back but does anyone have any ideas on how to save it?

mytwistedsoul December 19th, 2022

@MistyMagic Sorry to intrude. It should be ok and bounce back as long as it didn't freeze the whole way :)

MistyMagic OP December 19th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul no intrusion at all, it's lovely to have your post here, thanks so much for that, there are a few small leaves that are recovering now too :)

mytwistedsoul December 19th, 2022

@MistyMagic Hey that's great! I'm glad it's making a come back :) They're pretty resilient plants

MistyMagic OP December 15th, 2022

Using toned paper instead of plain white?
Have you tried using toned beige or grey paper instead of white?

I just got my first grey-toned sketchbook.

Oh My! It is a treasure!

I am in love and can't figure out why I never got one before!

I opted for a thicker paper so 200gsm and not the 150 I usually have for small sketchbooks and 300 I paint on, it is so smooth and my pencils glide over it with a smile as if they are happy too! So far I have only tried doodles and swatches and blends to see how things will work but I am so pleased with the result.

<~~~~~~~ Happy Misty!

EmbStitcher33 December 18th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Where did you get it. I'm starting a program online to start sketching. I'm doing it mainly to help me make designs for embroidery. I think a gray toned paper would be easier on my eyes. I think I'd like to get a pad of this. So let me know where you found yours. 😊

Share what you're doing if you feel comfortable doing that. Might inspire me. ☺️

MistyMagic OP December 18th, 2022

I found it at the amazin ! online store , dearcg grey toned sketchbook, and then gecko bur there are many, 200gsm grey toned smooth

MistyMagic OP January 15th, 2023

So January hits and hobbies have slowed down, but I was lucky to get some new hobby supplies and have been trying them out.

What have you been doing hobby-wise? I have been trying to paint some really interesting orchids of a very delicate pink, very hard to do.

My sketching has improved massively with using the grey toned paper and now I have a whole set of paper burnishers.

_1673807252.pe.jpg

YourCaringConfidant January 25th, 2023

@MistyMagic Wow! This is phenomenal!!! ♡

MistyMagic OP January 25th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant Thanks for visiting, do you have a hobby, do you paint or draw?

YourCaringConfidant January 25th, 2023

@MistyMagic I have plenty of hobbies. :) I like making crafts using my cricut. I love to color in my adult coloring books, make cute shadowboxes, journal, play with stickers, etc. I used to draw when I was a kid/teen but do not draw anymore and I have tried painting but it is just for fun with the kids. Lol.

MistyMagic OP January 26th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant Sounds to me like you might like to create your own Hobby Journal?

sheanemone January 26th, 2023

@MistyMagic

love the painting misty !!!

@sheanemone Thank-you!

purplelady568 January 26th, 2023

@MistyMagic Oh, what a beautiful painting! I wish I could view it IRL so that I can see it shimmer and shine. Thank you for sharing it with us!

@purplelady568 Yes it does shine a lot especially in the sun as if the daisies love the light lol!