Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Misty's Hobby Journal!

MistyMagic August 16th, 2022

Misty's Adventures in HobbyLand!

⭐️ Hey Everyone! ⭐️

Misty Here!

I thought it might be nice if we all started a 'Hobby Journal' thread and wrote about our hobbies and what we are doing, creating, growing, designing etc.

So please start your own thread and lets journal our hobbies together! Here's the sub-forum link

I am going to try and keep a 'Hobby Journal' thread here, and share with you all about my hobbies and how they are going!

First off is my painting. 🎨

I recently was gifted some Inktense paints- these are permanent watercolor paints and once on the paper they are there forever! The colors are so bright and pretty and they are great for adding depth to normal watercolor paintings. I'm getting better at painting slowly, but I find it really soothes me and makes me focus on the paint and water.

I sent in a watercolor painting birthday card of seven daisies for the 7 Cups 7th Birthday party, so here is that.

_1660650519.The 7th Daisy.jpg

I used some metallic paints too and it was great fun to make it glow.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

MistyMagic OP August 16th, 2022

I also wrote a poem to go with it. I like poetry but not sure if it is a hobby although I used to write a lot!

Username283 August 28th, 2022

Oh woww I also do poetry it's my hobby also. Can you post your poetry I will love to read 🌸. I know you will do just great like your painting it's amazing 🌸🙌

MistyMagic OP August 16th, 2022

@NoneTheWiser Thanks so much, but I am really just learning and fascinated by the effects some techniques that watercolor can achieve.

So Are you going to start a Hobby Journal then?

MistyMagic OP August 17th, 2022

@NoneTheWiser ooooh sketching, now that is something I am working on. I find that when I am still thinking about work I can't read, but I can sketch and it is actually something that can be learnt!

What did you sketch?

EmbStitcher33 August 17th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Beautiful!!!

August 17th, 2022

I really like your art! 👌

MistyMagic OP August 21st, 2022

QJOuihK.jpg

this is the next project I want to paint but it is so hard to paint such a pale color in watercolor, and its very hard to paint such a dark background too, so a real challenge!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 21st, 2022

@MistyMagic You got thissss❤

SparkyGizmo August 21st, 2022

@MistyMagic

What about being brave and changing mediums? Go for it! You got this! Oil on canvas could achieve your desired results with rich color. 😊 Also, what about creating it out of clay and then painting your 3D creation? It could turn out beautifully? If so, you could purchase a glass cloche' to cover it with and proudly display it in your home.

MistyMagic OP August 23rd, 2022

@SparkyGizmo Thanks for the ideas, I have used acrylics that easily take this task but the beauty is watercolor and the way the pigment moves. Would love to see you start a Hobby Journal here and share with us?

SparkyGizmo August 23rd, 2022

@MistyMagic

Wow! Thank you for the invitation! That was very kind of you to include me 😊❤️ I just bookmarked this page with the link you provided above to try to figure out how to do it. I'll definitely think about it!

Some of my hobbies are interior design, cooking, organization for the home (lots of tips and tricks for that/life "hacks"). I also enjoy finding pieces of furniture, history.....transforming them, elevating them, re- purposing them, etc. to create unique show pieces for the home that could also have a dual purpose for organizing. I also like music, most people do. Nothing earth shattering about that one, lol.

Again, thank you for the invitation. *high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

@SparkyGizmo Let me know if you want any help? I could always start one for you, and link it so you can find it? or go through how to?

SparkyGizmo August 23rd, 2022

@MistyMagic

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you for offering to help me! I must say, navigating the forum area isn't my forte', even though I love being here and responding, supporting, interacting, connecting, etc. I love feeling a sense of community, community building and relationship building in this area of the platform as well as all of the others. If I can simply be helpful to others then I'm happy. 😊

I haven't quite mastered this area and likely may not ever do so. Having said that, I could use all of the help I can get, that's for sure! lol😊 Maybe it's something I can work on in the future.

I guess I'll first reach inside myself and really think about if what I would have to offer would be of an value to others?

*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

EmotionsListener August 26th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Definitely looks like you are challenging yourself, I hope you will enjoy the process as much as the product!

August 27th, 2022

@MistyMagic

That's a pretty flower, Misty. Your post kind of reminds me of a certain scene in season 3 episode 8 of "Never Have I Ever" where Margot, the art tutor, tells Ben to give meaning to his art, to express himself through the fruit that was in front of him (a pear) and to connect emotionally with it.

_1661623504.Screenshot_20220828_020008.jpg

credits

EmbStitcher33 August 21st, 2022

you can do it Misty!! maybe paint the back first and let it completely dry....

@EmbStitcher33 yes maybe I will use masking gum over the flower first and then paint the background

EmbStitcher33 August 23rd, 2022

@MistyMagic

Sounds like a plan!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

calmsoulmeet August 27th, 2022

@MistyMagic

The painting is lovely , Misty !!!! .

I have got a new nickname for u :::

"Mistyionardo - Da - Vinci " !!!!

MistyMagic OP August 28th, 2022

@calmsoulmeet I love that! I am really honored! Thank-you!

GoldenNest2727 August 28th, 2022

Those daisies are beautiful and I love the colors. Will you share the poem?

MistyMagic OP September 1st, 2022

@GoldenNest2727 I can't find it! It is on your tube though on the 7 Cups 9th birthday video lol

persistentMaple8920 August 28th, 2022

@MistyMagic

nice art

@persistentMaple8920 thank-you so much for replying, that is very kind of you!

uohibrU.jpg

EmotionsListener September 1st, 2022

@MistyMagic

Yay! Thank you for sharing this here! If a pictures worth a thousand words, I wonder if it's fair to say a poem paints a thousand pictures.

EmbStitcher33 September 1st, 2022

@MistyMagic

I love your poem about daisies...made me think of the black eyed susans that we had growing here this summer season. Same thing would apply as daisies. Thank you so much for posting...very meaningful, appropriately symbolic.
🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼💙❤️💛

jasishereforallofu September 1st, 2022

I love it 😍❤️

MistyMagic OP September 25th, 2022

Trying to capture some of the beautiful colours of these leaves.
First 2 watercolour glazes nearly dry!

PnvGvFw.jpg

EmotionsListener September 25th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Fantastic foray into fall foliage!

MistyMagic OP September 29th, 2022

@EmotionsListener thanks, yes a truly topical tirade!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 25th, 2022

@MistyMagic Aww love this!🧡❤💛💚

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou ☀️🌞❤️

September 26th, 2022

@MistyMagic

It's beautiful! 😍

@Helpingheart23 Thank-you! It's a WIP, work in progress lol, I am up to 5 glazes now!

EmbStitcher33 October 1st, 2022

@MistyMagic

You've got the Fall colors well represented. I like how you've got the Sun still shining in.

The leaf on the bottom with more green is like the leaf is trying to hang on to summer a little bit longer.

Very nice Misty.

Clio9876 November 21st, 2022

@MistyMagic

Wow. This is so amazing. The colours are so luminescent. So eye catching. It's just how I always think, and want to remember, autumn leaves. Thank you.

You, and a few other posters here are inspiring me to think about picking up art again.

EmbStitcher33 October 7th, 2022

@MistyMagic

How's it going? Any new pictures?

Looking forward to seeing what you post next. 😊

MistyMagic OP November 5th, 2022

Well, I am getting ready for winter now. The garden is dropping leaves and wilting stems and needs a lot of clearing away. But the leaves I allow to mellow down into a mulch that I will hopefully use next year. The local wild flock of Canadian geese have flown away and what a sight they were all in a brilliant Vee and the noise was crazy, I wish them luck on their long journey. Maybe someone on here will have the geese for a warmer time.

Plans for a new greenhouse too! With raised beds so I don't have to bend down and so the plants get the best light too.

Lots more time for things like:-

Knitting WIP- a new bobble hat to cover my ears lol!

Sketching - I am practicing with matt graphite pencils

Watercolor - I am running out of paper!

What about all of you?

EmbStitcher33 November 20th, 2022

@MistyMagic

I saw you're taking a holiday. I hope you can take your hobbies with you. I'm working on holiday stitch outs and some others that are just plain fun to stitch. I'll have some new ones up on my thread in a few days or so.

Hope you have a good rest. You deserve it. Thank you for all you do here on 7Cups. 😊