Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

EmbStitcher33's Hobby Journal

EmbStitcher33 August 17th, 2022

Been thinking about this for a while. One of the hobbies I have is obvious. I love to embroider. For me now, it's machine embroidery. I have a Brother PE800 so I can make designs up to 5 x 7. There are many, many machines out there to choose from. This is the one I use. Yeah, I would love to get one that does bigger designs but they start at about $1200 or more. So, I'll stick with this one for now. My hope is maybe I can get into this a little more and go sell my designs at flea markets or local craft fairs. It's been just to hot to sit out in the sun these last couple of months. Don't want to make a lot of money, just want to make enough to buy a machine that will do 6 x 10 or bigger designs. NOPE, can't give you any ideas about who I am or where I sell. All you can do here is PUSH ME to keep going. [I like the anonymity. It protects us all.]

I have done some designs with lettering... here's one...

_1660732968.dirty dishes.jpg

I like the idea of accountability! I will post most of the designs that I finish here... well, at least the ones that turn out Then again, maybe even some of the flops to get ideas from any of you who might have some ideas.

One of my latest projects was for my little sister's wedding vow renewal ceremony coming up this next weekend. No, can't go but I absolutely let her know how much I love her and how happy I am for both of them with the things I made and sent her. All in all... I came pretty close to half a million stitches for them...lol 😜

Here's the first one I sent her:

_1660730672.Lon and Vickie sm.png

So proud of that one. Purple is my little sister's favorite color. And I sent her these...

_1660730741.IMG_9239.JPG

There were more like this... 6 in all. Plus I made her a wedding cake pincushion:

_1660731038.image.png

Yup, purple again... lol. When she opened up the last pkg I sent her, she let me watch her do it online. It was so cool to see her reaction.

My BIGGEST challenge with this hobby I must confess is making good on a huge investment that I'm making monthly payments on. I bought digitizing software. I bought all but the highest level of this software starting last year. A few months ago I decided to take the plunge and get the last/highest level. I've got 3 more monthly payments to go. It's a 600 dollar investment just for this level so I'm turning to you guys to make me stick with my original goal to make my own designs.

The funny thing is... I'm sitting here with this wonderful program, and I bought a good book, plus I have online tutorials also that I can do FREE. Darn if I'm not overwhelmed and sitting here like a deer in headlights... lmbo... 😭 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜œ

I have wonderful talent. I can do this. I just have to get OVER MYSELF and just DO IT!! So, I'm looking for some people here to help me stick to this wonderful hobby... I've done some wonderful things in the past. It will mean I will have to dust off my drawing skills, (I have some how to's for that too). In high school I made this awesome foot vase... I got an A-. When I asked the teacher why the minus, he said looking at it made him wonder where the rest of him was...lol. It was really a well done foot in white. Everybody in class loved it.

I have other hobbies too that I use to take a break from my machine embroidery. Photography is one. I have a super nice Canon 60D. I've had other SLRs but we got this one when the stimulus checks were being sent out. I also am an amateur radio operator. I can't give you my handle cause you can look up my exact location online with it. The reason behind that is because in a natural disaster, you can be called up to help out. I've done a lot of weather spotting in the past. Not sure how much I want to do now since we've moved, but it's something I can do if I want to.

I also have a Cricut and a Brother Scan n Cut. These are for paper crafts. My Cricut can cut fabric, leather and some thin wood. They've been on my shelf for about a year now. I could use them to cut out appliques for my embroidery. Will see. Here's a picture of some paper flowers that I made in 2020:

_1660732290.image.png

I also like to grow herbs and flowers... use to have 2 community garden plots when we lived in Wisconsin. I LOVED that garden. I'll post some pictures now and then to show you. I was proud of myself for the times I went there with our beach umbrella and spent hours weeding the paths for the garden. I made sure that the first path people saw coming into the garden was tidy. I miss it so much.

I also like to take my pictures and make graphics with quotes to bring a smile, encourage or support people. You'll see some of my graphics in the affirmation thread here somewhere. I know I've posted this one place before, but maybe for the purpose of showing it as one of my hobbies... you will indulge me... here's one of my most resents:

_1660732657.dreams in heart.jpg

I also crochet and for years I did cross-stitch. I have this one pattern I'm trying to conquer...lol. Yeah, that's how it feels. Maybe some of you can give me some tips on how to read this pattern. It's an amazing octopus I would love to make for my granddaughters. I'll post a picture of it later...

So, there you go. This is the start of my hobby journal. I'm looking forward to who I can share 'mutual inspiration' with!!

I'll leave you with one more design that I did that I hope will make you smile:

_1660733052.butt nuggets.jpg

August 17th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

Wow, you're really good at embroidery.

_1660735493.eb1.png

EmbStitcher33 OP August 17th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

Awe, thank you! Love the graphics too.

MistyMagic August 17th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 This is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing and I love your hobbies.

We will keep you inspired and look forwards to hearing more and more! And I've added it the the master post here

friends-phoebe.gif

Listening - One Step At A Time!

EmbStitcher33 OP August 17th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Thank you Misty!! Just visited and posted in the master thread too. People are coming up with the coolest ideas!! Appreciate your help and support so much β€οΈπŸŒ·πŸŒˆβ˜€οΈ

EmbStitcher33 OP August 19th, 2022

I was born 69 years ago today πŸŽˆβ˜€οΈβ­οΈπŸŒˆπŸπŸŒ²πŸŒΊπŸŒ»πŸŒΉπŸ€πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ°

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 19th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 Yay love your journal so far, Emb! ❀ Anddd-

happy-birthday.gif

mytwistedsoul August 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou This is so cool! πŸ™‚

@mytwistedsoul hehe thankyouu, I love this gif too. πŸ˜ƒ (I may or may not actually try to blow on my screen lollll)

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I think you have to time it juusst right lol

@mytwistedsoul

All about the timing, yasss, or we can always stay put in the "I'm blowing candles" face if it takes longer lol! πŸ˜†

@EmbStitcher33 You have awesome embroidery skills! And well -

love-you.gif

I hope you have an awesome day! May all your wishes come true!

@mytwistedsoul

thank-you.gif

MistyMagic August 19th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 Embbbbb! Happy Birthday!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWNns4lXEj8Sq8ZOwW0G_RMWRUYyRnJZt9_A&usqp=CAU

@MistyMagic thank-you-so-much-i-love-you.gif

August 19th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

Happy Birthday!!!

πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

May you be gifted with life's biggest joys and never - ending bliss!

_1660943313.69-years-292.jpg

credits

@Helpingheart23

Thank you Helpingheart πŸ’™

I just made this funny today πŸ˜€πŸ˜œπŸ˜…πŸ˜€πŸ˜œπŸ˜…πŸ˜€πŸ˜œπŸ˜…πŸ˜€πŸ˜œπŸ˜…

_1660928131.00 bday on moon.jpg

yes... that's one of my pictures...

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 20th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

That is a beautiful shot, Emb.πŸŒ• And lol hilarious! XD

slowdecline48 September 25th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 Not only that, but the place is dusty as hell & there's no place to get a drink anywhere...πŸ˜‰ If you're gonna throw a birthday party, it pays to pick a place with basic amenities.

butterlycow August 22nd, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 Wow this is so cool !!! I love your creations, you're so talented ✨😍🧡

EmbStitcher33 OP August 22nd, 2022

Okay... time for another entry... I did two more stitch-outs...

Just finished this one today:

_1661204796.barogue rose.jpg

It's a baroque rose. Hard to tell but it's on purple felt.

The one below is a baroque owl. Did this one yesterday.

_1661204875.Barogue owl.jpg

I like the detail in the face.

I like these designs because they make such beautiful patterns in
the stitching. These types of patterns use just one, or very few colors.
This one is just one color.

The rose above is 3 colors, 2 grays and white.

GoldenNest2727 August 22nd, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

What a beautiful owl; his face is so expressive!

mytwistedsoul August 22nd, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 They're both awesome :) the rose looks so intricate and the owl has amazing detail. Beautiful work!

MistyMagic August 26th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 the rose is my favourite, what will you do with them now?

August 27th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

I love both 😍 The rose is the most perfect embroidery I've ever seen, and I collect lots of owl-themed things. This is so cool, Emb. I can't wait to see what else you've been working on.

adventurousBranch3786 December 18th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33. I just saw this. They are both very good!!!

Just wanted to mention... each of these patterns has over 30,000 stitches and take over an hour stitch. I could set my machine to stitch faster, but the quality of the stitching is better at a slower speed.

@EmbStitcher33

*over an hour to stitch

EmotionsListener August 26th, 2022

Embroidery machines can be so much fun, but they are definitely a big investment so once you have one it's important to make the most of it right? Looks like you do lots of wonderful creative projects with yours!

When you first go your machine, did you have any projects in mind? Have you completed those?

EmbStitcher33 OP August 27th, 2022

@EmotionsListener

O yes. My biggest interest was free standing lace. I've done so many of them! I've got a couple projects I still have to get brave and do. Most are 3d projects.

I also have a jointed scarecrow and snowman I want to get done.

EmotionsListener August 29th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

That sounds cool! I hope we will get to see it when you've finished!

GoldenNest2727 August 27th, 2022

Keep those projects coming. It's like visiting a cool, artistic, coffee house. 🌼

EmbStitcher33 OP August 30th, 2022

@GoldenNest2727

That is such a cool way to look at our hobby journals Golden!!!! Thank you for posting that! πŸŒΊπŸ˜ƒ

Jonesbebe August 27th, 2022

Need help pm me

EmbStitcher33 OP August 27th, 2022

@Jonesbebe

I went to your profile. I don't see a message button to push. I'm just a member. Can you share it here? It is confidential... don't mind if you want to.

TheAlchemist1111 August 27th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

Thanks for sharing. Your art is wonderful. I purple youπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ. Keep sharing and inspiring.

slowdecline48 August 29th, 2022

Good on you for sharing! That looks like a lot of work, even with machine assistance. Very colorful.

EmbStitcher33 OP August 30th, 2022

@slowdecline48

The stitching itself is so easy if your machine is working well and you set up your hoop right. The real work comes in with the hand work to sew 3D designs together. I'll do some for sure, and post pictures...

Also, some people do machine embroidery on their quilt fabric pieces. I've seen some beautiful finished projects.

MistyMagic September 1st, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 My machine has a mind of its own, we really should give yours some credit and see a picture of it so we can congratulate all the hard work it does!