Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Healthy Living Check-In December 30th, 2023

PoliteOcean December 30th, 2023

WEEKLY HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN DECEMBER 30th, 2023

HEY EVERYONE~

**WELCOME To Our End of the week "WEEKLY" HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN~....This is our LAST Check-In for the Month of December and for 2023!~⭐️🎉

⭐️If you aren't a member yet Please "JOIN" the Healthy Living Community Here!!

⭐️FEEL FREE TO ANSWER ANY OR ALL QUESTIONS! Or Simply tell us about yourself and how you've been doing! Feel free to share or Vent about your week~ We are here to listen!

⭐️Hey everyone~ How are you doing and feeling today and how has this last week of December gone for you?

🎉This is our "Last" Check-in for December and for 2023!~... How do you feel this past year has gone for you Overall and what is ONE positive word or phrase that you could use to "Sum" up this past year for yourself?!

⭐️Do you have a New Years Resolution and if so, what is it?!...How Will you or How Can you start 2024 off on a Positive Note for yourself?

🎉JUST FOR FUN: What are your usual New Years EVE traditions and how will YOU spend the LAST Night of 2023?!

⭐️What were your "Highlights Or Struggles" of the week?...... How were you able to work through your challenges?!

🎉What is something that "YOU" want to talk about, add or share with us this week?! ....WE want to hear from YOU!~

image_1703956910.png

Healthy Living Team Leaders: @PoliteOcean @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @vivelespatates @Azuldragon 

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful @vivelespatates @AveryLove @SirenOfSerenity @Regmo @EmbStitcher33 @calmsoulmeet @sweetrosa1987  @AffyAvo @Bre4Me  @Caringmama2022 @CarolineEmily01 @CyclingThroughLife @Dallady @determinedCat7367 @diamondintheROUGH2022  @GoldenNest2727 @nordurnStar @ouiCherie @PandaHelp000 @Rebekahwriter13 @selflessSpruce1515 @SilverSeastar @Spectaculaur @BestMaple2045 @purpleTree4652 @determinedNest6866 @HipsterChic @DestinyM2026 @charmingSky597 @GreenFairie @KateDoskocilova

**AND ANY & ALL "NEWBIES" THAT WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US!

PoliteOcean OP December 30th, 2023

⭐️ This past week went really well .... We spent last weekend finishing up shopping and getting the last bit of Christmas holiday things and gifts.... And then went to see more Christmas Lights... Then On Christmas Eve my son came to spend the night as we celebrated all of our usual Christmas Eve traditions.... Then On Christmas morning we woke up and continued our usual Christmas morning traditions as we watched more of our favorite Christmas movies & opened gifts. We then went to my moms for Christmas Dinner, opened more gifts and had an amazing day all around....  I was completely wiped-out from all the activities by the end of the night....but we had a great time, and made lots of wonderful memories.

🎉 The day after Christmas we typically get out and about for all the after Christmas sales, however, this year I was still so wiped-out, that we slept in and just enjoyed the day after doing absolutely nothing. By the evening though that was growing rather lazy, so In the evening I got up and finally got in an "At home online workout".... By mid-week, I got back on track, and back to all my usual group-fitness classes. And I'm looking forwards to starting the New Year off on the right foot and continuing forwards in my goals and making progress for myself. 

⭐️ We didn't make any definite New Years Eve plans for this weekend ahead. And this weekend will also be pretty cold here!... My mom typically has a small New Years Eve party/gathering at her home, but still not sure on that just yet. But, traditionally, we will eat, drink sparkling drinks, and be Merry as we watch the "Ball drop", listen to great music, and ring in another year. 

SunShineAlwaysGrateful December 30th, 2023

@PoliteOcean

⭐️Hey everyone~ How are you doing and feeling today and how has this last week of December gone for you?

I have had the flu over Christmas a quiet holiday but lovely too. I gained 2lbs only and enjoyed all the foods … still on track to continue healthy habits going forward …. 57lbs down to date. 

🎉This is our "Last" Check-in for December and for 2023!~... How do you feel this past year has gone for you Overall and what is ONE positive word or phrase that you could use to "Sum" up this past year for yourself?!

A great year for me overall …. Became involved in 7 cups and weight loss groups Tops I run plus my local weight watchers … and a local 50 + social groups that do painting bowling Christmas dinners etc 

⭐️Do you have a New Years Resolution and if so, what is it?!...How Will you or How Can you start 2024 off on a Positive Note for yourself?

I have broad goals for my home …. My health … my relationships and self care …. I love Mel Robbins and it helps me …. 

https://www.melrobbins.com/bestyear

🎉JUST FOR FUN: What are your usual New Years EVE traditions and how will YOU spend the LAST Night of 2023?!

Quiet night in a cheer and promise for 2024 with my hub and son… 

⭐️What were your "Highlights Or Struggles" of the week?...... How were you able to work through your challenges?!

Yes ate all the food and manage a modest gain …. Loving the turkey soup now yummy 

🎉What is something that "YOU" want to talk about, add or share with us this week?! ....WE want to hear from YOU!~

Take time to reflect back and look forward both this year you have freedom to change your life …. Make a plan for more JOY 

PoliteOcean OP December 31st, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Sounds like you did a good job at maintaining & managing your healthy living goals during the holidays…. And I can personally relate to Continuing to make broad goals for yourself (instead of focusing on one thing in particular in the New year ahead). 🎊

Quiet holidays & Family time together are the absolute best times. Im all for that myself. 👨‍👩‍👦

Making & having more Joy is always a great goal “No matter the day of the week or year”! 😊

Sounds like you have a lot balance over each area of your life. Keep up the great work 👍🏼

And thank you for sharing with us on this last check-in of the year! See you in 2024!

KatePersephone December 30th, 2023

@PoliteOcean

I am feeling quite well! ready for 2024 to come.

self-awareness

i wish to work on my healthy habits even more next year!

🎉JUST FOR FUN: What are your usual New Years EVE traditions and how will YOU spend the LAST Night of 2023?!

i will just chill and wait till the clock hits 12am :D

may you find the happiness you deserve, from within!

@KateDoskocilova

Hey there Kate~ That’s great for you that you are feeling well and ready to take on the New year ahead. While also having more “Self awareness”. 👍🏼

I think it’s awesome that you have a goal for yourself to continue to work on your healthy habits more for 2024. …(Do you have any specific areas that you’d like to focus on more-so than others)? 

You sound confident in yourself and in the New year in front of you. No doubts that you will succeed and do great. Keep up the great work! 

And thank you for sharing with us and checking in on this last check-in of 2023!  

Regmo December 30th, 2023

@PoliteOcean Jane's adult son Tony has been staying here the past two weeks. He's been very quiet so that makes me happy. Neither one of them care about watching TV so that makes me happy. I haven't done my devotional for 4 weeks because Jane doesn't clean the kitchen table. Sunday I put Argan oil on my feet. Christmas I did nothing, which makes me happy because I can't handle disruption. Wednesday I spoke with my adult nephew Rex on the phone for 20 minutes. He's very supportive. Thursday I went in for another blood test. For the past two weeks we haven't had any sugar. Instant coffee tastes terrible without sugar. I shouldn't be drinking instant coffee but the coffee maker broke and Leslie didn't replace it. I finally bought some Xylitol which is a natural sugar substitute. I hate it when people move my stuff around in the fridge. I don't like people messing with my stuff. I started reading a new book called "On The Aesthetic Education of Man. " By Schiller. The list of books I want to read gets longer every week. I still really want to move out. I'm really worried about what's going to happen when Alan comes back. 

@Regmo

Hey Regmo~ That’s good for you that for the most part that the living arrangements seem to be currently working out for you. And that you enjoyed a quiet holiday…. That’s nice for you that you got to chat with your nephew for a bit and felt his support. It’s always great to have others/family who support us. I’m not a coffee drinker as I’m not a fan of the taste of it. However, I do recall that coffee “with” sugar tastes much better. Have you ever tried Monk Fruit? It’s a nice sweet natural sugar substitute as well and much better for you. Hopefully once your living situation changes for you, you won’t have to be concerned with anyone moving your stuff. I don’t like anyone touching my belongings either. Hopefully for you that move will eventually happen sooner rather than later. (And you can inevitably have all the quiet time to read and enjoy all you desire). Thanks for checking in this week and for sharing with us on this last check-in of 2023~ See you in the New Year~ 

purpleTree4652 December 30th, 2023

@PoliteOcean

Hi, Ocean,

⭐️Hey everyone~ How are you doing and feeling today and how has this last week of December gone for you?  The la st week has been up and down.  Today I'm worried about Chloe.  I picked her up about an hour ago and she cried and wiggled to get down.  All that is wrong with me falls by the wayside if she is hurt or sick.  So I am going to keep an eye on her, as I see no obvious injuries.  

🎉This is our "Last" Check-in for December and for 2023!~... How do you feel this past year has gone for you Overall and what is ONE positive word or phrase that you could use to "Sum" up this past year for yourself?!  The one word would be rollercoaster.  It has been a year of ups and downs.

⭐️Do you have a New Years Resolution and if so, what is it?!...How Will you or How Can you start 2024 off on a Positive Note for yourself?  I try not to make NY resolutions.  They leave me feeling disappointed when I slip for one day or put my efforts into something more immediately important.

🎉JUST FOR FUN: What are your usual New Years EVE traditions and how will YOU spend the LAST Night of 2023?!  I will be trying to calm my cat if there are fireworks.  I will also be relaxing.

⭐️What were your "Highlights Or Struggles" of the week?...... How were you able to work through your challenges?!  I used a new cream to lighten dark spots on my face and was badly burned.  Then I had to take my car to a garage because it had a nail in the tire.  And I am still working through what I will do about my job being eliminated for the summer and possibly the fall and forever.  Plus Chloe seems to have an injury or is ill so I will be watching her closely.

@purpleTree4652

Hey there Tree~ As a Furbaby parent I can’t absolutely & totally understand your concern. They are our babies and like having children. And I know what you mean when you say it’s like not much else matters when our thoughts are on them. It’s good you see no sign of Injury and perhaps it was just a “noise” of some sort that you aren’t used to hearing. Mine had done that a time or two. But yes absolutely continue to monitor. Im sure she will prove that things are well. 

“Roller coaster” can pretty much describe the days of life in general… so that’s an understandable description. 

I also relate to “not” making resolutions for myself. I try to have goals in mind and do my best to achieve them as I go… but also realize that there may be some detours along the way. Progress not perfection right?

Ahhh yes… NYE fireworks. Mine has grown much calmer to them as the years have moved by… but they definitely aren’t a pet favorite. Hopefully you both won’t have to endure many in your area! And you get to enjoy a nice relaxing evening. Perfect NYE.. 

Oh my, it definitely sounds like you have had quite a few struggles over the week. Hopefully the burns from the face cream weren’t too serious and that you are healing up?!! Did you take it back/send it back, or get a refund?! My Goodness hopefully there’s some resolution for you there. Fortunately there is still a good bit of time to figure out the job situation. I know it’s of concern, but a way will be made. Please keep us updated on things and Chloe. 

Thank you for checking in and sharing with us on this last check-in of the year. Here’s to 2024 🙏🏼

purpleTree4652 December 31st, 2023

@PoliteOcean

Thank you, my Ocean.  

@purpleTree4652

❤️❤️

nordurnStar December 31st, 2023

⭐️Hey everyone~ How are you doing and feeling today and how has this last week of December gone for you?

The last few weeks have had their ups and downs, but to focus on the good: we spent lots of time with our family, and a lot of it was good. Tomorrow I will start back at work, and I hope to have a productive time! I will feel better about that once I have made a little progress. Action helps me with worry. 

🎉This is our "Last" Check-in for December and for 2023!~... How do you feel this past year has gone for you Overall and what is ONE positive word or phrase that you could use to "Sum" up this past year for yourself?!

One positive word or phrase to sum up 2023 for me: pearl. I had a dream earlier this year that I have carried with me since, that had a pearl in it, and this Christmas my husband gave me a beautiful pearl on a gold chain, though I did not mention the dream. I think it is good resonance. 

I am trying out something a colleague of my mine recommended where I add "while enjoying every step along the way" to the end of my goals for next year. So if I had a goal of advancing at work, I would say "Advance at work, while enjoying every step along the way." It's too easy for me to focus on the next endpoint so this is a good way to savor the process for me. 

🎉JUST FOR FUN: What are your usual New Years EVE traditions and how will YOU spend the LAST Night of 2023?!

We don't usually celebrate the new years at this time -- we do a little Yule party with some friends on the solstice instead. It is a good season to think about what is in your 'darkness,' I think. What unconscious and psychological directions you might want to explore in the next year. 

⭐️Happy holidays everyone! 

@nordurnStar

Well hey there Star~ 

That’s good that despite the ups & downs, that you were able to spend some good time with your family. Family time is the best. Amd hopefully you were able to enjoy each moment. And good luck with things as you head back to work! 

Oh wow! That is quite a dream/vision! I think I’d have to agree with the good resonance! 

That’s great for you that you have found and focused (and inevitably will implement) a positive way for yourself to focus on your goals going into 2024. Great job as you continue to move forward with that and challenge yourself. Keep up the great work. 

It’s been great to see you this week and we thank you for sharing with us on this last check-in for 2023! 

Happy Holidays to you also! 

InsightfulPhoenix January 3rd

I know I am a little late on this but it does not mean I can't speak on it 🤪🤣

⭐️How are you doing and feeling today and how has this last week of December gone for you? Personally, when it came to December it was such a melancholic feeling, yes I was mourning death anniversary, but when I really shifted things into perspective I had a lot of things going for me.

🎉This is our "Last" Check-in for December and for 2023!~... How do you feel this past year has gone for you Overall and what is ONE positive word or phrase that you could use to "Sum" up this past year for yourself?! Resilient

⭐️Do you have a New Years Resolution and if so, what is it?!...How Will you or How Can you start 2024 off on a Positive Note for yourself? If I could be honest I made a few on a social site, and this what I said " Starting 2024, if we have an argument that's fine, I will accept your opinion because you are human just like me, however it is within my human right not to tolerate the ignorance, the second one was I am not changing my boundaries to match anyone's comfortability, it's okay for you to disagree with my boundaries because they aren't for you they are for me and the last one was I'm not chasing friendships, I respect everyone going through things and all that jazz. Not my issue, my issue is when a person complains about my absence, but does not check on me with it takes 5 mins. If you can not take 5 mins to check on me and provide the same reciprocity I displayed for you, then it's okay our energies don't match any longer and I wish you the best! No hate 🤗. I feel with these resolutions in mind it will help me remember that I am allowed to say "no" and allowed to have self respect/boundaries others' do not agree with.

🎉JUST FOR FUN: What are your usual New Years EVE traditions and how will YOU spend the LAST Night of 2023?!  I spend the new years night with family and taking beautiful pictures!

⭐️What were your "Highlights Or Struggles" of the week?...... How were you able to work through your challenges?!  I definitely was, my highlight was being able to scale off my csp and pass my stuff at work

🎉What is something that "YOU" want to talk about, add or share with us this week?! ....WE want to hear from YOU!~ I just feel so good about this year an for my affirmations of the crossword i got for 2024 was Love, family, alignment, breakthrough with a bonus word Miracles. Then to hear my nana tell me, " You are doing a great job, you are on the right track everything is going to be okay. think positive and positive things will happen. Get used to things working out for you"

PoliteOcean OP January 3rd

@InsightfulPhoenix

Hey there Phoenix (Better late than never right?!.. .Welcome!)

It sounds like you had alot of emotional feelings during December. Thats understandable. Its great that you were able to "shift some things into perspective" for yourself.....And that in the end, overall, you were able to "Sum" up the year for yourself feeling "Resilient"! 

It sounds like you have really taken the time to think on the "Resolutions" that you want to set for yourself in this new year ahead... Creating boundaries and not tolerating things that don't serve you is a good goal for anyone.... And yes, we shouldn't have to "change" for anyone else or change our boundaries. I really like the one where you are setting about "not chasing friendships". I can relate to that one for sure. So I personally understand that. We aren't perfect, we are "Human"... and we have to do the things that serve our lives in a positive way, or that at least serve a positive purpose to our overall mental health and well-being..... So good for you for knowing what you want and for implementing these things for yourself. Keep up the great work. ........And also great job to you on passing your stuff at work.

I love your personal "Share" with us at the end.... And its certainly great when we have others in our lives that speak and reinforce that positivity over us as well! Sounds like all is well with you.~

Thank you for checking in this week and for sharing your week with us! Please continue to keep us updated on how those resolutions and 2024 Mantras are going for you! 

InsightfulPhoenix January 3rd

Most defintely 😂 Gotta arrive in style!

Absolutely correct , I have thought long and hard on these "resolutions" because I truly want change. I was tired of being that friend who always gave their time, attention and love out turning into over extension because i'm the only one reciprocating that energy. So enough with all that nonsense, if someone wants to be my friend, their actions will show it better then their words will. It doesn't matter what kind of relationship it is, actions will always speak louder than words.

Of course, I'm doing super good honestly ever since I have been focusing on my little family and myself, I feel less stressed about things. Like my nana always says,"If you think positive, positive things will happen to you/for you"

@PoliteOcean

PoliteOcean OP January 3rd

@InsightfulPhoenix

Yep... when we change our "Focuses" and focus on what matters and what really counts, positive things happen..... As well we "should" focus on who and what matters in our lives!