Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trolling Immunity Oath

Heather June 8th, 2016

If you spend enough time in the support chat rooms (or anywhere on the internet for that matter!) it is quite possible that you will encounter someone or other engaging in trolling behaviours. Should this happen to you, first and foremost please know its not your fault. The other person has the problem. Often, they just get a kick out of upsetting or aggravating another person, but it only works if we rise to take the bait.

There are certain things we can do as a community to build more immunity against those individuals who choose to cause distress or annoyance to others, and many of you are doing a great job at it already! The key thing to remember is that without an audience reacting to their comments and remarks, the person trolling becomes quite powerless. Its just no fun yelling at someone who doesnt seem to notice! This isnt to say the burden is entirely on you, but that we can work together to become more immune to trolling and help to protect one another. The other important part to this is to use the mute/report button to report any harmful/trolling behaviour you witness. This helps community managers to identify and remove those individuals.

The process when you encounter trolling behaviour should look like this:

⛔️ Stop engaging ---> 🔇 Mute the troublecauser ---> 📝 Report via mute/report button.

If youd like to be part of this initiative to take a stand against trolling, please carefully read the following oath and then post it in this thread with your own username/current date. You will receive an Group Chat Antibody badge for doing so (coming soon!). You can simply copy and paste the oath, but its more meaningful if you type it out. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, XX, pledge :

To follow the chat room rules and lead by example at all times.

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: [your username]

DD/MM/YYYY

alisharn September 1st, 2020

agreed

WolfieChocolateTeaCupPup October 29th, 2020

@persistentartprenuer

@Heather

I, Wolfie pledge :

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: Wolfie

15/292020

sensibleSkies8757 February 21st, 2020

Sensible skies. I pledge this oath. Also to be reasonable.

ShaunX March 15th, 2020

@Heather

I, Shaun, pledge :

Signed: Shaunnxx1

15/03/2020

SecretlyMe March 15th, 2020

I, SecretlyMe, pledge :

Signed: SecretlyMe

15/03/2020

resourcefulPond1641 March 15th, 2020

I, resourcefulPond1641, pledge :

Signed: resourcefulPond1641

15/03/2020

?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=LOADED&custom1=www.7cups.com&custom2=%2Fforum%2FGroupSupport_168%2FInformationUpdates_822%2FTro&custom3=linkangood.com&t=1584270911734?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=BEFORE_OPTOUT_REQ&t=1584270911737?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=FINISHED&custom1=www.7cups.com&t=1584270911740?mid=&wid=52607&sid=&tid=8687&rid=OPTOUT_RESPONSE_OK&t=1584270912022

March 31st, 2020

I, DreamChaser31 pledge :

Signed: DreamChaser31

31/03/2020

xXKalikaStormXx March 31st, 2020

I, Mangle the Fox, pledge :

Signed: MangleTheFox21

03/31/20

April 10th, 2020

I agree to all of these.

Sunshine

@PeaceLoveandPaws

@GodOnlyKnows51

@LuLuRings

@SparkyGizmo

this one thing we do make cups a better place . I encourage you to do same with this oath.

SparkyGizmo April 10th, 2020

@Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005

Bow! heart Big *hugs* my friend! heartheart Thanks for all that you do on this site and for being such an amazing team member!

Paramediclady1967 April 20th, 2020

I, Paramediclady1967 pledge :

Signed: Paramediclady1967

20/04/2020

smolecho April 28th, 2020

@Heather

I, Smolecho, pledge :

Signed: Smolecho

28/04/2020

KennedyFin May 24th, 2020

How do you know if you are being trolled?

TheResilientDancer May 25th, 2020

I, KaylaDances pledge:

Signed: KaylaDances 💚
Date: 25/5/2020

ZombieBoi June 22nd, 2020

I, Zombie, pledge :

Signed: ZombieBoi

22/06/2020

June 22nd, 2020

I, AnastasiaSmith, pledge :

Signed: AnastasiaSmith

22/06/2020

mysteriousButterfly2020 June 22nd, 2020

I, mysteriousButterfly2020 , pledge :

Signed: mysteriousButterfly2020

22/06/2020

SherryD11 June 23rd, 2020

@Heather

I, SherryD11, pledge :

Signed: SherryD11

06/22/2020

FireMagic June 23rd, 2020

I, princessalmond, pledge :

Signed, princessalmond 6/22/20

dtanushree June 23rd, 2020

@Heather

I dtanushree, pledge :

Signed: dtanushree

23/06/20

CheeryMango June 27th, 2020

@Heather

I, CheeryMango, pledge :

Signed: CheeryMango

06/27/2020

September 1st, 2020

I will follow the guidelines

sunshine

HappyTree906 September 10th, 2020

I, Happytree906, pledge :

Signed: Happytree906

10/09/2020

dtanushree September 13th, 2020

@Heather

I, dtanushree, pledge :

Signed: [dtanushree]

13/09/202p

FrenchToast September 15th, 2020

I, anotherfrenchtoastmafiaa, pledge:

To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviors in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

To report harmful behaviors whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

Signed: anotherfrenchtoastmafiaa

Sep 15, 2020

Suryansh October 4th, 2020

I, SuryanshSingh, pledge :

Signed : [ SuryanshSingh ]

Date : 04/10/2020

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 November 8th, 2020

@Heather

I Tyedyedbutterfly65 Pledge ..

Signed: Tyedyedbutterfly65

11/7/2020

Tyedyedbutterfly65 November 8th, 2020

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 @Heather225 @ASilentObserver

Is this still a badge that we get if we do this or did this ? I know the Post is from HEATHER who is no longer around not Heather225 and some are confusing the two ?

Could someone please clarify ?

Thanks so much, Tye heart

Sunisshiningandsoareyou November 28th, 2020

@Heather

I, Sunisshiningandsoareyou, pledge :

Signed: @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

29/11/2020

starryskies108 December 9th, 2020

@Heather

I, Starry,pledge :

Signed: Starryskies108

09/12/2020

grassup December 9th, 2020

I, grassup (Cairo), pledge:

1. To follow the chat room rules and lead by example at all times.

2. To not interact directly with anyone engaging in hurtful behaviours in the support room and encourage others to follow my lead.

3. To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or a fellow member.

4. To understand that muting and ignoring are my most powerful weapons against those who aim to cause distress and harm, and to remind others of the same.

5. To use my mute button whenever necessary, to disempower those who aim to cause harm, and to protect myself.

6. To respect other users' decision to mute, and never disrespect their boundaries by relaying messages.

Signed: grassup (Cairo)

Date: 12/09/2020

mxmes December 14th, 2020

@Heather

I, mxmes, pledge :

Signed: mxmes

12/14/2020

UndomesticGoddess December 19th, 2020

I, UndomesticGoddess, pledge:

Signed by: UndomesticGoddess

12/19/2020

SnailPurple December 31st, 2020

I, Snailpurple, pledge :

Signed: [Snailpurple]

31/12/2020

Kieran000 January 4th, 2021

@heather

I, XX, pledge :

Signed: kieran000

04/01/2021

Kieran000 January 16th, 2021

@Heather

I, kieran000, pledge :

Signed: kieran000

Date: 16 Jan 2021

RedVelvetZ February 2nd, 2021

@Heather

I, RedVelvetZ, pledge :

Signed: RedVelvetZ

02/02/21

anonhelp123 February 28th, 2021

@Heather

I, @anonhelp123, pledge :

Signed: @anonhelp123

28/2/2021

March 1st, 2021

I, k0m0rebi, pledge:

Signed: k0m0rebi

01/03/2021

FinleyTews March 8th, 2021

I, FinleyTews, pledge :

To follow the chatroom rules and lead by example at all times.

To report harmful behaviours whenever I see them in the support room, whether they be directed at myself or someone else.

Signed: FinleyTews

08/03/2021