Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introducing 7Cups Welcome Pack! (Members & Listeners)

ASilentObserver February 14th, 2021

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I am glad to share the 7Cups Welcome Pack that you could share with a new member or a listener to give them a quick and easy overview of the community and what all they can access, etc. It is a small effort to make things easier.

If you are a member or listener, you can pass this resource to a new member you encounter to support them. Please bookmark and share it as and wherever you can share it with new community users. Your one small step could help them get all support they might need.

Please click the below text in blue to access and view the document!

Member Welcome Pack

Listener Welcome Pack

If you think of any other resources that can be included in either of the pack, please share with us in the comments. Thank you!

Angelcrossing1986 May 7th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

These are So Thank you So Much

impartialPeach4576 June 6th, 2022

Hi there,

I can’t seem to find how to become a listener. Can you point me in the right direction please?

many thanks, Marie x

RarelyCharlie June 6th, 2022

@impartialPeach4576 To become a listener you have to create a new account on the website. Here's the link: Become a Listener

I believe you can use the same address and password for your member and listener accounts, but I haven't tried this myself.

Once you have a listener account you can use it in the app too.

Charlie

MidwesternCalmSeeker January 7th, 2023

@impartialPeach4576

Hi, Peach. To become a listener, you simply register for a separate 7 Cups account, and during the sign-up process choose to be a listener rather than a member. You will begin your listener journey in this way. Once you complete the initial training, you will be able to connect with mentors and others who can share more and more materials and feedback, and you will hopefully find it as rewarding as I do! Best of everything if you do decide to pursue this path.

amadendencim June 18th, 2022

hello everyone

beautifulStar1047 June 20th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Thank you so much! They are really helpful!

Jianing June 22nd, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you for sharing the packs! It is very helpful in lots of ways

Shandralyn June 27th, 2022

This is a great guide. Thanks! Just as a side question, how long is it polite to wait for someone to reply who has gone afk?

endearingSunrise4449 July 1st, 2022

Helllooo

July 2nd, 2022

Welcome anyone who is reading this 🧡

Happy900 August 11th, 2022

@DonaldDraper Thank you for your reply.

MidwesternCalmSeeker July 2nd, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Nicely done! I have the occasional request for more information about 7 Cups and this is the perfect link to send as those questions arise! Thank you to everyone who contributed.

@MidwesternCalmSeeker Thank you for your support.

MidwesternCalmSeeker July 2nd, 2022

@ASilentObserver

I do have one small suggestion for the next edition of the Member Welcome Pack. If there could be some sort of summary that compares the website version to the mobile app and any accompanying screen shots can be noted as such, that would be super helpful. I've tried helping people a few times but am only familiar with the website and the app is a tad different from the navigation side of the house.

tidyBranch4649 July 19th, 2022

Thank you for these.

@tidyBranch4649 Your very welcomed.

baddie1234 July 19th, 2022

Hello everyone ☺️😁😁😁

@baddie1234 Hello and How are you?

Possibledreamer July 20th, 2022

@ASilentObserver thanks for this!

Angelin2876 July 25th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for sharing!

arrowace1243 July 28th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you for sharing!

@Plantlover41 I am so glad you found it helpful.

I am glad to hear this, as well.

patientBeauty5060 August 10th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for sharing

@ASilentObserver Thanks for all that you do to make 7cups, amazing.

Hope2601 August 15th, 2022

Hi! Happy to join

beautifulinblu August 21st, 2022

thank you for sharing this!

sereneEnergy63 August 29th, 2022

Thanks! It was helpful!

limegreenTriangle8504 September 29th, 2022

Hi, I'm a victim of domestic abuse and I'm struggling mentally and physically. I'm getting out of the marriage finally but still living in the same house till I find somewhere to live (which would require a miracle in the middle of a property crisis). I'm always afraid and in fight or flight mode. I need to be around kind and compassionate people, so I'm happy to be here. I also need a miracle desperately so i would appreciate your prayers too :) Thank you

wonderfulBerry2281 October 3rd, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you for sharing these.

cherishbabe143 October 8th, 2022

thanks for sharing this

Taylor0016 October 10th, 2022

Thank you for this!

heathermarie95 October 14th, 2022

thanks for sharing!

PatienceImpatiens October 14th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Hi, Obs, I think the Welcome Packs are a good idea. Maybe there could be some way to automatically transmit them, say to the person's email when they sign up, so the Member or Listener could receive this welcoming information. It's just a thought. I also thought the "hii" might have been a typo, even though within spoken passages it's very common to use and friendly, a simple "hi" would be friendly enough I think. Lastly, I agree with whoever said to keep it simple like it is. It's easy to make these sorts of guides complex as all get out and add more and more and more, because --- well, you could probably get into intricacies of things, but keeping things simple and plain seems to work best, in my experience, if you want people to stick around. Thanks for your effort! I can tell you are a committed person who cares to explain things in a way that's easy to understand!

Listener89104 October 16th, 2022

Thanks for the share

RarelyCharlie October 17th, 2022

@empathicMirage If you take note of what members complain about in the forum, you can learn what not to do.

Probably the thing members complain about most is being ghosted. To avoid ghosting members, ensure that your status is only set to Online when you are really willing to chat to someone new, and ensure that you end every chat in a careful and professional way. If you find yourself in a chat you can't handle, ensure that you transfer the member to another listener.

Charlie

amazingFriend8070 November 2nd, 2022

@ASilentObserver thank you for sharing this!

soulserendipity November 5th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Grateful for this share! Loved the details shared in a crisp and concise form!

sophiuh November 10th, 2022

Thank you for sharing these!

KarmaTheRascal November 10th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you <3

ELYSIUMFELICITY November 12th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you so much for all these helpful accessibilities.