Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Updates - III

ASilentObserver December 30th, 2019

*Attention Community!*

Thank you for the continuous support and patience you showed in the rooms and to us. I have some updates and requests to you.

1. Thank you for submitting your feedback on One Room/ 24 Hours Trial. We will be reviewing them and will be making the necessary changes as requested! If you didn't submit your feedback yet, please do now!

2. As per suggestions, we making a few changes in the rooms. On the teen's side, Eating Disorder Support will be replaced with Teen Support and Safety & Knowledge will be replaced with Relationship Support. While the Adult side, Eating Disorder Support will be replaced with Student Support and will be open on Saturday. Healthy Living will be open on Friday.

The new schedule with the changes are here- 070bf87c23985d0a439b05ca2d8eba34.png

3. High School Support renamed Student Support to make the room inclusive for all the students.

4. A request to the community to use Support Room 24/7 for only seeking and providing support while for lighthearted chats, please make use of Community Room to ensure we do not miss the ones who seeking support.

5. If a room is quiet and you see no one there, please check other rooms and join them to participate. Because rooms can go quiet sometimes, so you do not need to leave or stay there alone. Join other rooms and meet other community members to chat.

6. If you are a room supporter, moderator for a specific support room, you are welcome to get it opened and host some open chats and discussions. Just ensure to fill this sheet so your efforts get recorded! Your efforts to spread love and support in the rooms will be appreciated by the community.

7. Many are unaware of the changes happening in the community as they may not be checking their notifications or notifications getting lost in the pool of all the notifications. So, if you meet them, please do inform them of the changes happening and share the resources and threads so they know we working together to improve the community experiences! For all the Group Support related updates, check this thread!

If you have an appreciation for a moderator, room supporter or listener- please use this Review form!

If you have an appreciation for a member- please submit your appreciation through this form!

Happy Holidays!

lyricalAngel70 December 30th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Tyedyedbutterfly65 December 30th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Tyedyedbutterfly65 December 30th, 2019

Ooops lol .... Thanks for the Updated OBS !!!

ASilentObserver OP December 30th, 2019

@Tyedyedbutterfly65 thank you Tye

Hope December 30th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for the update! -hands coffee-

@Hope thank you hope! yes

MythologicalMayhem December 30th, 2019

@ASilentObserver

People are still ignoring the distinction between the community and support room. They're talking casually in both and people who would like support aren't getting any. The mods need to be more involved and making sure people are going to the right rooms.

@MythologicalMayhem

I hear you Mayhem. Mods will do the needful as well I believe we all need to support the change as well. As a community member remind members to use specific rooms as per their defined purpose and share this thread link with them so they know the change is mentioned in the community.

We will do great work!

MistyMagic December 30th, 2019

@ASilentObserver Thanks for listening Obs! It is easier now to know which rooms are open and on which days.

RumpleSteeleSkin December 30th, 2019

@ASilentObserver thank you for spending time on this for our community. As per our chat PLEASE can we get mindfulness room open on rotation?

thank you

ASilentObserver OP January 1st, 2020

@RumpleSteeleSkin thank you rumple. We are trying to do what we can Rumple. Please have patience with us!

pamharley003 December 31st, 2019

@ASilentObserver

I think if a room is opened that it is stated what room it is ex:35+ open chat when not on cheduled day some members have asked why it does not say the room when opened by a door keeper.

@pamharley003 we do not have the automated notification bell for it Pam. So, for now, we all need to manage with the thread post we have. I know it is bit inconvenient for many. It would be helpful if we help them!

Abeer343 December 31st, 2019

@ASilentObserver

Thank u so much

@Abeer343 thank you abeer

AriannaPink January 1st, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for the update Obs I

@AriannaPink Thank you Arianna. I appreciate all you doing!

AriannaPink January 1st, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Of course Obs it's my honor, thank you for everything YOU do!!! 😁❤️...

@AriannaPink Thank you Arianna. I appreciate all you doing!

LivieQuinn January 2nd, 2020

I

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 7th, 2022

Could this post be updated please, @ASilentObserver, also the current schedule doesn't mention Trauma Support room being open on Sundays. 👀

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 21st, 2023

@wonderfulMagic99 Thanks for sharing!

Could you update the latest/ current schedule in the original post for this thread, @ASilentObserver also?😮

Someone recently raised this question here: https://www.7cups.com/forum/GroupSupport_168/QuestionsFeedbackandSuggestions_195/Popuproomquestiom_298753/.

RumpleSteeleSkin August 8th, 2022

@ASilentObserverHi Obs good to ee you and thank you for this much needed trial for our rooms. I've asked and emailed admin many times for Mindfulness Rooms to try and be open a bit through the week. Can we too participate in this? I know the teens like the room open.

thank you

Happy900 August 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thanks for keeping us updated.

Your amazing.